• Click image for larger version

Name:	C98C1E62-0758-4F83-86F2-418A5ECBDCDE.jpeg
Views:	1120
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	232873Click image for larger version

Name:	DE462FB9-DA37-41A3-8394-D675445D212E.jpeg
Views:	1108
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	232872 I'm running a separate BEC set to 5.5 volts, so far the flaps have been perfect. I will say the nose retract is noisy when it cycles. A small drop of silicone oil eliminated the squeaky wheels.
    I also removed the Blubox and put an Aura 8 in its spot, gave me independent control of each and every servo

Comment

• Xviper,
      It appears that they have already “ ...put squeaky wheels on to save a little money."

IMHO - Just sayin...

Wont stop me from getting one though. That’s why

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Now that is just wrong...……….with the postings of several other QA issues already, is it a matter of the Freewing workers being pushed to make schedules before going on Chinese New Year or what
        They should have known better to get the correct orientation of the star and bar. But then, the star and bar was painted UPSIDE DOWN on one of the wings of the Bell X-1 during a restoration! It was quickly corrected afterwards. Painter just miscued on that somehow. Sh*t happens sometimes, I guess!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Not that it would add that much to the total cost of the model, but pretty pictures on boxes are only good for brick and mortar hobby stores where they've got all the boxes set up on shelves. MotionRC doesn't have display shelves for walk in customers to look at. They don't need pretty boxes, which for me, generally ends up cut up and dumped in the recycle bin as soon as the plane is put together and working. They've got web pages full of pretty pictures and videos of all their products. That's what gets my attention. The box, I might actually look at it for about 5 seconds.
          While we're wasting time wondering about this topic, I somehow can't see some bean counter sitting in his little cubical saying to himself, "Self, if the box art costs us an extra 10 bucks per box, we MUST put 10 bucks less of stuff into the model inside just to keep the projected price the same. We can put squeaky wheels on to save a little money."
          Ford resisted putting seat belts in cars because they cost an extra $7 per car, they did it when they govt forced them to. So yes that’s exactly what they think

Comment

• I just can not say enough about MRC love their EDF's. Just got in 2 more. One T33, and the new AL37. I also ordered the new reverse thrust ESC's for the AL 37 I can not wait for some warmer weather here in SD so I can go fly these jets. I have the F-35 ready too. keep them coming MRC, you get two thumbs up from me. I am almost done setting up the new T-33. now all I need is some nicer weather here in SD to go fly this one and the F-35.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	T331.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	233087Click image for larger version  Name:	T332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	233088

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
              I just can not say enough about MRC love their EDF's. Just got in 2 more. One T33, and the new AL37. I also ordered the new reverse thrust ESC's for the AL 37 I can not wait for some warmer weather here in SD so I can go fly these jets. I have the F-35 ready too. keep them coming MRC, you get two thumbs up from me. I am almost done setting up the new T-33. now all I need is some nicer weather here in SD to go fly this one and the F-35.
              Click image for larger version Name:	T331.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	233087Click image for larger version Name:	T332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	233088
              Do you have a link to this reverse thrust esc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Do you have a link to this reverse thrust esc?
                Here is the 60A version:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/aerostar...-bec-2-6s.html

The 80A version:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/aerostar-rvs-80a-electronic-speed-controller-w-reverse-function-5a-bec-2-6s.html

Comment

• Thank you so much. No wonder I couldn't find it on Motion RC lol.

Comment

• Ha-ha, no problem at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                      Ha-ha, no problem at all.
                      you beat me to that T-cat. I just ordered two of the 80 amp version just the other day. After watching the video of the AL 37 finished in an Australian Air scheme and seeing how well they worked. I decided I just had to do the same.
                      Here is a short video of the Qantas Air AL 37 with the Aerostar rvs ESC's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbyz...ature=youtu.be. Should be an Awesome update, and a surprise the first time others see it in action
                      Last edited by Wild Man; Jan 23, 2020, 01:39 AM. Reason: added video

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

you beat me to that T-cat. I just ordered two of the 80 amp version just the other day. After watching the video of the AL 37 finished in an Australian Air scheme and seeing how well they worked. I decided I just had to do the same.
                        Here is a short video of the Qantas Air AL 37 with the Aerostar rvs ESC's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbyz...ature=youtu.be. Should be an Awesome update, and a surprise the first time others see it in action
                        I took that video . That is my YouTube channel. The reverse function works better than anticipated. Hopefully the ESC's prove themselves to be reliable, but time will tell. Ha-ha

Comment

• I have those reversing Aerostar ESCs in my Avios Bush Mule. If I remember correctly, the motor has to spin completely down before the reversing will engage.
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

• It works very well on the airliner. Set the brake in the ESC. You can flip the reverse switch on approach and it won't switch to reverse until the motor stops turning. You do not have to wait until the motor stops turning to switch but it won't do any reverse until your throttle goes to zero and the motor stops. I had more fun playing with backing up the airliner than flying it... Almost :)

Comment

• Oxotnik, HK has a warning on their page saying to ensure the motor has stopped moving completely before engaging the reverse function or damage will occur to the ESC and Motor.

Ha-ha, Evan, the backing up is hysterical on the airliner. Always fun .

Comment

• It was not my plane, I was the test pilot... If mine I would also do a rudder to motor differential mix.

Comment

• Ha-ha, niceeeeee.

Comment

• Thanks for the video T-cat. you are the MAN. like you stated probably have more furn backing it up than flying it. I see in the video they were having fun with it LOL!!! I didn't mean to hijack ant think in this thread on the T-33

Comment

• Everyone gets a kick out of the reverse function on a big plane like the AL37.

My friends at the field are making an entire miniature airport, so I'll take video of that when they have that going and I'm at the field at the same time they're there.

Comment

• T-33 Owners, I ran across these USAF specification sheets in my stuff and thought it might be useful to all. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Elbee. Interesting that the U.S. Air Force and USAF lettering is the same dark blue used in the Stars and Bars. I didn’t catch that and made mine black.

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                          T-33 Owners, I ran across these USAF specification sheets in my stuff and thought it might be useful to all. Best, LB

Comment

Working...
                                          X