Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, Evan. Do you remember what Thumper's mother said to him?
    Tom

Comment

• Hi Evan, Hey … thanks for asking, yes it was a close one, and I got beat out by an old beat-up Apprentice with stars and bars, and only then by a few points because I bounced my landings a little more...the hosting club has a group of judges, and I don't know how they decide, as I was there to fun-fly for charity!

Comment

• Ha, I remember years ago a person put stars and bars on a Quaker old timer and got a first place war bird trophy!

Originally posted by fastphil View Post
        Hi Evan, Hey … thanks for asking, yes it was a close one, and I got beat out by an old beat-up Apprentice with stars and bars, and only then by a few points because I bounced my landings a little more...the hosting club has a group of judges, and I don't know how they decide, as I was there to fun-fly for charity!

Comment

• Does anyone have the Home Depot touchup paint codes for the silver and the day-glo orange? I meant to get these colors made up before I put the plane together, but didn't. If this was already posted, I must have missed it, but appreciate the codes if anyone has them to get these colors. Thanks

Comment

• You wait and wait and wait and check the tracking every day and nothing. Then they all arrive at the same time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3517.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	232740

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3518.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	232741

I didn't take any close ups because the T-33 came in without any flaws. No point showing flaws and defects in appearance when there isn't any. Even all the decals were on right side up.

Comment

• Woohoo! Congrats! Two in one day is awesome, but then when they arrive pristine, that's the icing on the cake.

Comment

• Thanks, T. I was very pleasantly surprised after seeing your pictures. Now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for all the electronics to be equally flawless.

Comment

• I hope so too because that would be a home run. It should be that way on every model that arrives, pristine condition and all working electronics . I know life isn't like that, and the rare hiccup happens with all products. The good thing is that is is more consistently good than bad, and hopefully is with every release (and batch).

Comment

• Of all the many dozens of Freewing products I have owned in the past decade, only one has ever come with a servo DOA. I think that's pretty darn good. Never a motor or ESC or retract DOA.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      You wait and wait and wait and check the tracking every day and nothing. Then they all arrive at the same time.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3517.JPG Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	232740

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3518.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	232741

I didn't take any close ups because the T-33 came in without any flaws. No point showing flaws and defects in appearance when there isn't any. Even all the decals were on right side up.
                      They haven’t exactly worried about the box art on these two

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Of all the many dozens of Freewing products I have owned in the past decade, only one has ever come with a servo DOA. I think that's pretty darn good. Never a motor or ESC or retract DOA.
                        Thankfully, that has been similar to my experience with their electronics out of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

They haven’t exactly worried about the box art on these two
                          I know! For just a fraction of a second, I thought my T-33 was going to be a plain white model with no decals.

Comment

• I'd rather they spent the money on what's in the box rather than a picture on the outside of a box.

Comment

• I‘m sending my box back for one that‘s properly decorated. Oh, wait, I‘d have to find it in the city dump first.
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                I‘m sending my box back for one that‘s properly decorated. Oh, wait, I‘d have to find it in the city first.
                                LOL

Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman220 View Post
                                  I'd rather they spent the money on what's in the box rather than a picture on the outside of a box.
                                  Exactly!

Comment

• Although I posted on another forum, it would be good to post it here too to see how many others have the same issue. It is worth checking your flaps as maybe additional owners are experiencing the same thing.

A hand full of people responded who are noticing just one flap "sticks", where upon deployment one is stuck in the pocket and the flap servo may or may not pull it loose. You may find one flap delays its extension until unstuck, or it may not extend at all if it remains stuck.

It would be a relatively easy fix. That information could be beneficial for Freewing and Motion to look into. It also seems like some of us are storing our T-33 with the flaps extended to reduce the chance of it occurring to a greater degree.

Comment

• My flaps are fine.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman220 View Post
                                        I'd rather they spent the money on what's in the box rather than a picture on the outside of a box.
                                        If that was only true

Comment

• Not that it would add that much to the total cost of the model, but pretty pictures on boxes are only good for brick and mortar hobby stores where they've got all the boxes set up on shelves. MotionRC doesn't have display shelves for walk in customers to look at. They don't need pretty boxes, which for me, generally ends up cut up and dumped in the recycle bin as soon as the plane is put together and working. They've got web pages full of pretty pictures and videos of all their products. That's what gets my attention. The box, I might actually look at it for about 5 seconds.
                                          While we're wasting time wondering about this topic, I somehow can't see some bean counter sitting in his little cubical saying to himself, "Self, if the box art costs us an extra 10 bucks per box, we MUST put 10 bucks less of stuff into the model inside just to keep the projected price the same. We can put squeaky wheels on to save a little money."

Comment

Working...
                                          X