Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got out yesterday on a chilly and windy day Georgia day but Pilot Patrick Croasdale had a ton of fun flying this T-33 for us. Have a look

Comment

• 12:15 to 13:15 -- 45 second power off glide? Excellent stable trainer.

14:15-14:35 -- I was hoping to hear some high speed high fives with those branches!

11:30-19:00 -- 7.5 minute mixed flight... who still says scale EDFs only fly 2 minutes?

Hats off to Patrick for his sharp flying, and again to Tony and Evelyn for the inspirational P-80/T-33 tour back in 2016 all the way to references last year. Finally, a week from shipping to everyone's hangars!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• yeah great flying indeed !

the 9b fan & 1920kv inrunner seems very efficient and has a nice sound also
        https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• First flight, 5000 mah, 00:46 to 06:25, no gliding. 5 minutes 40 seconds of mixed flying. That's phenomonal. I'm so looking forward to this plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
            First flight, 5000 mah, 00:46 to 06:25, no gliding. 5 minutes 40 seconds of mixed flying. That's phenomonal. I'm so looking forward to this plane.
            Add to it that our field is a fish bowl you have to power up and out more often than most fields. People are going to stretch these numbers much higher. We didn't get to try a lighter 4000 either, excited to get back out with one of those as well

Comment

• These might be good for visibility

Comment

• My all-time favorite T-33... can you wizards at Motion figure out a way to do this version? Way too many curves for masking and painting on foam and Callie's work can be challenging with so many curved surfaces

Comment

• Awesome flying!!! Man...looks amazing in the air!

Hey alfa do you know if the production models will have the stars and bars and usaf on the lower wing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                    Awesome flying!!! Man...looks amazing in the air!

Hey alfa do you know if the production models will have the stars and bars and usaf on the lower wing?
                    Same with the German version? The pictures on the order page didn't show crosses on the bottom of the wing.

Comment

• Must.... Resist..... Pressing.....Button......

Damn it! Couldn't stop from pre-ordering.

Comment

• Originally posted by 42 South Pilot View Post
                        A Question for RC Guy 83 from Motion. or Alpha, Can you please give me the distance in mm from the battery tray up vertical to the bottom of the canopy front tab.
                        Just want to see how high that is to see if my batteries will fit ok. On some models I have had to trim some of the foam off said canopy front tab.
                        Thank you. I have the Venom to and it flies like its on rails, so if this is the same then count me in.
                        Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim K View Post

Same with the German version? The pictures on the order page didn't show crosses on the bottom of the wing.
                          Yeah i noticed the same. I wasnt sure if the german scheme was supposed to have markingsbon the botton but i know the usaf should

Comment

• Some colourful markings.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Where have you been?
                              LOL!!! I'm still around. Mostly been flying Mini Talons, race wings, my FMS Beaver, gliders, and an assortment of FPV belly landers. I kind of like the techie stuff I guess. Plus the parks I fly at are mostly clumpy grass although I think I finally found one that has a nice surface. You just have to watch for the dog poop. LOL!!! This T-33 excites me. I like the old jets like the F-86 and this one fits the bill. Are you getting one??
                              Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Add to it that our field is a fish bowl you have to power up and out more often than most fields. People are going to stretch these numbers much higher. We didn't get to try a lighter 4000 either, excited to get back out with one of those as well
                                That field is nuts... Hard to get a good low and fast speed run and I bet the winds there with the trees is really tricky.. You guys did a good job though. Would love to see a 4000mah flight as that's what I will be using.
                                Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  12:15 to 13:15 -- 45 second power off glide? Excellent stable trainer.

14:15-14:35 -- I was hoping to hear some high speed high fives with those branches!

11:30-19:00 -- 7.5 minute mixed flight... who still says scale EDFs only fly 2 minutes?

Hats off to Patrick for his sharp flying, and again to Tony and Evelyn for the inspirational P-80/T-33 tour back in 2016 all the way to references last year. Finally, a week from shipping to everyone's hangars!
                                  That glide was insane and 7 1/2 minutes with an EDF is great! What makes it so efficient I wonder? Is it the new EDF unit?
                                  Lauren

Comment

• Can't wait.... :)
                                    Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                      We got out yesterday on a chilly and windy day Georgia day but Pilot Patrick Croasdale had a ton of fun flying this T-33 for us. Have a look

Loved the video. Have been waiting to see a flying video. I thought that the trees were bad at my field, but you guys have some real balls to fly around those trees. LOL

I usually don't put stabilizers in my 80 and 90mm EDFs, but it looked like in the video, with the crosswind, that the lightly wing-loaded T-33 would benefit from having a stabilizer. So, I'll probably put one in mine. I figure that there's no need to fight the wind, if I don't have to. :-)
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                        My all-time favorite T-33... can you wizards at Motion figure out a way to do this version? Way too many curves for masking and painting on foam and Callie's work can be challenging with so many curved surfaces
                                        Yeah, I totally want a Thunderbird scheme as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          I'm more of a prop jock for the warbirds but this one just got me. 6 months ago I was going to do an L-39 in a BA livery but couldn't pull the trigger cause it was just a "fake" livery.
                                          No need to worry about that now with the Blue Angels using the T-33 from 52-54. It looks like the gear is even MORE suitable for grass ops than the L-39 too.
                                          Ya swung me back Alpha, back to the dark side of half the flight times of the prop jobs again.

Way Cool! I am getting 6+min on the 6s 7000mah packs. It might be worth checking out...

Comment

Working...
                                          X