Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must try that with my nosewheel. Currently use three rates on steering/rudder using low rate for take offs, switch to high when in flight. My paint seems like the same thin film, non adhering type as on my airliner, control surface edges already peeling -- what's with this latest paint process ? My servo wires were not pushed fully into the wing run slots so the cover tape is all bunched up. Will have to remove tape, push wires in, re tape and repaint to get it looking neat and tidy ! All else as it should be, very nice looking model (German version). Maiden next Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by killickb View Post
      Must try that with my nosewheel. Currently use three rates on steering/rudder using low rate for take offs, switch to high when in flight. My paint seems like the same thin film, non adhering type as on my airliner, control surface edges already peeling -- what's with this latest paint process ? My servo wires were not pushed fully into the wing run slots so the cover tape is all bunched up. Will have to remove tape, push wires in, re tape and repaint to get it looking neat and tidy ! All else as it should be, very nice looking model (German version). Maiden next Tuesday.
      If you're interested, I can make a couple snapshots of the relevant menus on my DX9 and post them. It's a really easy mix to do. I really like having the nose-wheel steering trim on an analog knob, too. I'm kicking myself for not having done this 30 planes ago. LOL
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

I do, too, but price out the door certainly plays into it. My nicest plane is my 91" Phoenix Model ARF. As it sits now, I've probably tripled the price of the ARF itself (I'm scared to actually add up the receipts to know for sure...LOL), but the purchases were done over several months. I've never been much into modern jets, but the EFlite Su-30 and FA-18 are both looking really nice to me, albeit pricey.
        Watched a friends SU-30 fly this morning.I was really impressed. I own the F-18 and still haven't figured out of I like it yet. I have a love hate relationship with it. Maybe it's just I haven't figured it out yet. .

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Watched a friends SU-30 fly this morning.I was really impressed. I own the F-18 and still haven't figured out of I like it yet. I have a love hate relationship with it. Maybe it's just I haven't figured it out yet. .

Mike
          Okay, I think that you just bumped the FA-18 off my gotta-have list. I've never been much into modern-era jets, for a couple reasons: (1) I fly primarily on a grass field and the small wheels on modern-era jets make takeoffs tough, especially on hot, no-wind summer days, (2) the small wings make the planes more quirky and, therefore, more work and less fun to fly. I could be totally off base on my #2 reason though. That EFlite Sukhoi speaks to me though. Every time I walk into my LHS and see one hanging from the ceiling, I want it more than I did the last time I saw it. LOL
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• I have the FMS F18 6s. Fun to fly, but the hardest plane to land ...especially if you have a short runway. Out of 80 planes I have, it is the one plane I could never land well.

Hi Ox! :-)

Comment

• Is anybody doing z-bends on their pushrods or is the L-bend sufficient?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fytrjok View Post
                Is anybody doing z-bends on their pushrods or is the L-bend sufficient?
                Are you using the locking tabs on the "L" bend type. An L bend with locking tabs is a much better way than a Z-bend (IMO).

Comment

• Never had a problem with the L bend lock tabs, but a “Z” bend will never have to worry about a keeper coming off.

Comment

• Ordered at 3:45pm Friday Jan 10th. Delivered 12:00 noon Saturday Jan 11th. And I live near Indianapolis. That was fast, both Motion and FedEx. Click image for larger version

Name:	DA61D19E-266F-4609-A496-37A42069BAE0.jpeg
Views:	1000
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	227432

Comment

• My economy international shipping is still headed to the export terminal by mule train.

Comment

• Always use a 1/4" long piece of fuel tubing on the lock tab where it snap onto the wire, won't stop the tab from bending off of the wire "L" but will prevent the snap from un snapping !

Comment

• Always used them on my clevis. Never thought about using on the clips. Great idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

I did the same, except I haven't cleaned up my cables as nicely as yours. I did zip-tie them together and pushed them behind the RX. I just finished giving the NG steering servo its own channel and have finished and tested the mix. That's a really nice feature that I'm going to retrofit into my nicer planes with NG or tail-wheel steering. I even put the NG Steering Servo on the R Knob (DX9) and can now subtrim the steering realtime.
                            that's what I have done with my planes in the past but now that I fly mostly jets, I usually just assign the rudder trim to the nose steering. its not often that a jet needs rudder trim :)

Comment

• LOL, good old FedEx.......originally said a Sunday delivery (tomorrow), and all of a sudden it says Tuesday delivery. Pshhhh

Comment

• FedEx dropped this beauty off about noon. Ready to fly by dinner. Seriously good quality, fit and finish. Too bad it’s so darn cold here these days...

Comment

• Got my T-33 by Fed Ex today, and went right to work putting it together. Very impressed with the fit and finish, well layed out and easy to assemble. Will try to do maiden tomorrow.

Comment

• Me too! If I can make it back from taking Lora to the airport by a reasonable hour, maybe I'll see you out there. The T-33 has always been one of my favorites! Easy to pull the trigger on this one!!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
                                      I just opened the box containing the T-33. Beautiful!

Question. I have one of these Admiral RX600SP 6 Channel Receivers with Stability Plus Gyro sitting around that I have not used yet.
                                      At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Has anyone here used it in an 80mm EDF or something similar? I’ve read good things overall, but wanted to seek out a little more info before using it in my new T-33.
                                      Thanks!
                                      Almost all my 70mm, 80mm & 90mm EDF planes are equiped with a Lemon or Admiral (gyro) receiver. Just make sure you do a thorough range test with reduced power on your Spektrum radio. You should get at least 30metres with the plane on the ground. If you use a gyro receiver (stab, stab plus) read the instructions carefully and have a friend doublecheck the gyro motion of your control surfaces.
                                      https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• I was all set to maiden my Shooting Star this morning -- at the club field just before sunrise, but found unusually dark gray overcast, and a gusty semi-crosswind. I thought about setting up and seeing if things improved, but then (for once) decided the smart thing to do was to turn around and go home. I'm out an hour of driving, but can proudly say I did not crash, nor damage my T-33 today, haha. Next few mornings look better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
                                          I was all set to maiden my Shooting Star this morning -- at the club field just before sunrise, but found unusually dark gray overcast, and a gusty semi-crosswind. I thought about setting up and seeing if things improved, but then (for once) decided the smart thing to do was to turn around and go home. I'm out an hour of driving, but can proudly say I did not crash, nor damage my T-33 today, haha. Next few mornings look better.
                                          Good luck with the maiden, hopefully soon!
                                          https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

Working...
                                          X