Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Alpha and James for the T-33 decision!
    I like both color versions, the size, the new inrunner EDF system and the excellent retracts. Well done.
    -
    I´ve visited the Berlin-Gatow Airfield Museum in 2015. And one of my favorite jets was the German T-33 #9455. Really cool.

Kind Regards from Germany

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02102.JPG
Views:	1302
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	226352

Comment

• Originally posted by didier n View Post
      We had them in Belgium in the 70'... might use this livery...

Name:	model 095.jpg
Views:	2365
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	226012
      Nice one Didier, that's exactly what I had in mind myself

Let me know if you need FS colors or even the corresponding Vallejo numbers
      https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• I wish with Navigation-and Landing-Lights same the L-39.

Comment

• Icarus, FS numbers would be nice, i would probably use Gunze paints, as i did with most of my builds...

Thx,

Didier

Comment

• ALFA...will the production jets have the star and bar and usaf on the bottom of the wings????

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
              ALFA...will the production jets have the star and bar and usaf on the bottom of the wings????
              Hey Corsair, I did not see any markings on the wing bottom in the un boxing video. Should there not be some?

Comment

• Yeah thats why im asking. Bottom should have markings

Comment

• Hi, My name is Lauren and I am an addict. Bought it...
                  Lauren

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
                    Hi, My name is Lauren and I am an addict. Bought it...
                    Where have you been?
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      If I'm looking at it correctly, the picture that was posted that showed the CG mark, showed it on the underside, right? A low wing plane like this, I tend to balance upside down, so I would have liked to see the marks on the top side. No biggie, that's what rulers are for.
                      Hey, good to see you still around Viper :) Did you get one of these too?
                      Lauren

Comment

Hey, good to see you still around Viper :) Did you get one of these too?
                        Not yet. It's on the list. I don't have any room for it anyway. The Eflite SU-30 and AL37 will be here around the end of the month. The T-33 may have to hang from the middle of the living room unless I get rid of something else first.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Not yet. It's on the list. I don't have any room for it anyway. The Eflite SU-30 and AL37 will be here around the end of the month. The T-33 may have to hang from the middle of the living room unless I get rid of something else first.
                          Haha!!! Hell, I'm using some of mine as door stops. This is a meme a friend made of my actual foam pile before I organized a little. ;)
                          Lauren

Comment

Haha!!! Hell, I'm using some of mine as door stops. This is a meme a friend made of my actual foam pile before I organized a little. ;)
                            I think you win. I haven't started using floor space as the wife has all her "stuff" there. If I start piling planes in front of her stuff, I'll never hear the end of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                              Yeah thats why im asking. Bottom should have markings
                              I agree. I suppose it's possible that this particular unit did not have insignia on the bottoms of the wings, but I did a little research on the internet and found a few pics that definitely shows them on the bottoms of the wings in different units. I'll probably add decals onto my plane if Motion production versions don't have them on theirs. Click image for larger version

Name:	440px-T-33_Jet_Trainers_Williams_AFB_June_1949.jpg
Views:	1251
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	226467
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post

RCGuy83 You are welcome! Flying RC by oneself is not as much fun as flying with friends. Whether doing maiden, photo/video shoots, or formation/dogfight — both LOS and FPV; it’s a lot easiest and more fun with a partner. Can’t wait to start doing some coordinated flying with the T-33. Will let you know when my T-33 FPV rig is ready. Also, I’ll gladly help if you have anymore maidens to do.
                                Did you guys take flying video? If so, would love to see it.

When you checked the CG, did you also check to see if it tail-sits? Or if tail-sitting would drive the CG too far back? Just curious if the tail-sit CG test will be valid for this plane. Can't wait to get mine and to get it in the air.
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

I agree. I suppose it's possible that this particular unit did not have insignia on the bottoms of the wings, but I did a little research on the internet and found a few pics that definitely shows them on the bottoms of the wings in different units. I'll probably add decals onto my plane if Motion production versions don't have them on theirs. Click image for larger version

Name:	440px-T-33_Jet_Trainers_Williams_AFB_June_1949.jpg
Views:	1251
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	226467
                                  Pretty much all usaf jets have the markings on the bottom though im sure there are some exceptions. Those are great pictures!! :o

Comment

• Damnit, looks like I'll have to get multiples!

Comment

• Here's the color match through the Federal Standard(FS) system. It's a darker Dark Green than the standard US South East Asia scheme. It looks pretty cool.

Name:	T-33 Camo Colors.jpg
Views:	1169
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	226518

Originally posted by didier n View Post
                                      We had them in Belgium in the 70'... might use this livery...

Name:	model 095.jpg
Views:	2365
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	226012

Comment

• Thanks Manfred for the pics. There's no shortage of livery's available, I like the orange and white NAVY. Would be easy to keep track of in different colored sky's.
                                        Also, thanks to vduniec for the FED color's. I've got a whole fan of them some where.

Some history for those interested ............ check the link

Comment

• Originally posted by didier n View Post
                                          Icarus, FS numbers would be nice, i would probably use Gunze paints, as i did with most of my builds...

Thx,

Didier
                                          This picture with the FS info on top is probably easiest.
                                          The dark green is just a tad different from what dnuniec posted, it's probably some typical belgian thing

Name:	p2mc.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	226528
                                          https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

Working...
                                          X