X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTION RC,
    Since you are coming out with some very nice MILITARY aircraft, I would like to ask that you consider a couple that I would love to see and purchase.

The US Air Force had a JET TRAINING TRIO of:
    1. Primary Trainer – the Cessna T-37(Tweety Bird)
    2. Advanced Trainer #1 – the Lockheed T-33 (Shooting Star)
    3. Advanced Trainer #2 – Replaced the aging T-33 withthe Northrop Corporation T-38 Talon
    Most all of todays USAF pilots went thru pilot training in at least two of these aircraft.
    I was a USAF flight simulator instructor in these aircraft in the 1960's and would love to have a large (about 80mm size) model of each one of them.
    They were all great flying aircraft. If you could follow-up your new Freewing T-33 with the other two, a T-37 and a T-38,
    you would have a really cool looking and flying set of military pilot training EDF aircraft to offer the military minded modeler
    as well as the EDF foamie group.

Thank you very much

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Keney View Post
      MOTION RC,
      Since you are coming out with some very nice MILITARY aircraft, I would like to ask that you consider a couple that I would love to see and purchase.

3. Advanced Trainer #2 – Replaced the aging T-33 withthe Northrop Corporation T-38 Talon
      Most all of todays USAF pilots went thru pilot training in at least two of these aircraft.
      I was a USAF flight simulator instructor in these aircraft in the 1960's and would love to have a large (about 80mm size) model of each one of them.
      They were all great flying aircraft. If you could follow-up your new Freewing T-33 with the other two, a T-37 and a T-38,
      you would have a really cool looking and flying set of military pilot training EDF aircraft to offer the military minded modeler

Thank you very much
      I would LOVE to see a T38 come out this year!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Keney View Post
        MOTION RC,

Thank you very much
        The F-5 was developed from the T-38 and Freewing makes a nice F-5 80mm version that with a little kit bashing could be made into a T-38.
        I, for one, would love to see a 80mm to 90mm version of the T-37 Tweety!
        Best regards,
        Cris B.
        AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
        NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• Did somebody ssy...tteeeee thiirrtttyyyyy eightttt....

Comment

• ​​​​The power system looks great! I’d like to replace the outrunners in my A-4 and A-10 with this new inrunner. I’ve swapped out the stock motor bearings in my outrunners with ceramic bearings and the boost in performance is outstanding. It was easy to do and I’d like to do the same with the inrunners. However I discovered that the inrunners are not serviceable since the end cap is epoxied. I’d like to request that Freewing refrain from gluing the inrunners. Thank you.

Comment

• MOTION RC..will the production planes have markings on the bottom?

Comment

• The photos and video produced so far on our official YouTube channel and here are demonstrative of the final production bird. The shipments arriving to the US and EU later this week and next week do not include insignia on the underside wing. Some of our initial references did not show them on the Black Knights bird, so the factory omitted them, and this carried over to the German bird.

I've already asked them to look into including an underside set in the future.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthR720 View Post
                  ​​​​The power system looks great! I’d like to replace the outrunners in my A-4 and A-10 with this new inrunner. I’ve swapped out the stock motor bearings in my outrunners with ceramic bearings and the boost in performance is outstanding. It was easy to do and I’d like to do the same with the inrunners. However I discovered that the inrunners are not serviceable since the end cap is epoxied. I’d like to request that Freewing refrain from gluing the inrunners. Thank you.
                  One of the advantages of the outrunners is that they are indeed more easy to service, including swapping bearings. The inrunners, however, are less accessible due to their design. I can inquire about changing the design so that the endcaps are threaded, but I cannot give any timeline, nor can I foresee this being something the factory would implement throughout the lineup. It just... isn't something that has ever come up before. But, I'm happy to inquire, since you asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
                    Was this vid posted before already? Since Alpha replied in that vid already I thought it was safe to post this unofficial vid

Yes, Icarus, it's fine to post any and all videos of the T-33 in this T-33 thread, regardless of who posts it. Share as you wish!

Comment

• Originally posted by RuthR720 View Post
                      ​​​​The power system looks great! I’d like to replace the outrunners in my A-4 and A-10 with this new inrunner. I’ve swapped out the stock motor bearings in my outrunners with ceramic bearings and the boost in performance is outstanding. It was easy to do and I’d like to do the same with the inrunners. However I discovered that the inrunners are not serviceable since the end cap is epoxied. I’d like to request that Freewing refrain from gluing the inrunners. Thank you.

Where do you buy these upgraded bearings ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        The photos and video produced so far on our official YouTube channel and here are demonstrative of the final production bird. The shipments arriving to the US and EU later this week and next week do not include insignia on the underside wing. Some of our initial references did not show them on the Black Knights bird, so the factory omitted them, and this carried over to the German bird.

I've already asked them to look into including an underside set in the future.

Will these be made available to the people that placed the first run orders?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper911 View Post

Will these be made available to the people that placed the first run orders?
                          DITTO

Comment

• This is AWESOME... Thanks for sharing!

Is this the Famous Alpha?!?!? :-)
                            Attached Files
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! The end cap is threaded. The factory applied a generous amount of epoxy on the threads. I had to sacrifice one of my inrunners to take a look. I scraped some of it off but there is still some showing in the photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	BCB11319-077B-4AD7-8EB4-C16953EFE59A.jpeg
Views:	1194
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	226835

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                This is AWESOME... Thanks for sharing!

Is this the Famous Alpha?!?!? :-)
                                No. He's been on Podcasts in the past. That's not him. Alpha is not quite that "tanned".

Comment

• Looks like another home run for Freewing and Motion. I plan to get one and re-decorate it as a WVANG bird. I sure wish it came in a silver/unlettered version. I was hoping the AL37 was a sign of things to come in that vein.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	F6E38D12-6A3B-4A89-9997-F471CA24ABC0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	226851

Standard practice for all USAF tactical aircraft of that period was to have the star and bar and USAF on the bottom of the wing.

Comment

• Alfa...dang..thats a bummer :(

Comment

• Ditto on the decal question to the folks that ordered the first round of planes. I bought one of each scheme. I cannot find any pics online that shows if decals were or were not used on the underside of the German scheme.

Comment

• I think I've got enough spare decals from previous planes that there might even be some for the underside.

Comment

Working...
                                          X