X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    ...You may want to get Chris Wolf's random generating attachment thingy (another example of my level of sophistication) instead of just y'ing it to the rudder. It's really kind'a cool as it sits there doing it's own thing!
    Well why didn't I know about this Random Generating Attachment Thingy?!? That sounds darn cool!! I'll have to check into that, thank you sir!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

As I said over on RCG, your going to like this version, I hope anyway, if not you can box it up and ship it to me for a cheap low price.....
      LOL, I'll try to keep that in mind.
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Well why didn't I know about this Random Generating Attachment Thingy?!? That sounds darn cool!! I'll have to check into that, thank you sir!
        It's perfect for those warbird pilots. That way the pilot is continually keeping an eye out while the aircraft sits in line on the runway, watching for an opening. And if you fly it low, slow and down the runway, you can actually see his head move without having to use rudder. Of course he always looks over at me when flying by, giving me that "why the heck are you trying to kill me" stare as he goes by. At least he may help you avoid the basketball hoop if he's diligent.🤣
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros, my buddy has one of those devices to make the pilots heads turn in his Aerofoam T-45 EDF jet, looks really cool taxiing out with their heads turning back and forth, I may try one myself now that I seen it work in person.

Comment

• Yeah I was checking out some video yesterday, it does look really cool! I may have to snag one of those.

Oh, the maiden may have to be delayed. I am heading over to that new club I joined in Wenatchee, WA (couple hour drive) this weekend and it turns out it's the Apple Blossom Festival and they have a Fly In event all weekend so it will likely be too crowded for a maiden. I'll be too nervous to maiden in front of a lot of people...I'll still bring it with me just in case.

I'm also not opposed to letting an expert with experience flying this model maiden her, trim it out, etc, if the opportunity presents itself.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yeah I was checking out some video yesterday, it does look really cool! I may have to snag one of those.

Oh, the maiden may have to be delayed. I am heading over to that new club I joined in Wenatchee, WA (couple hour drive) this weekend and it turns out it's the Apple Blossom Festival and they have a Fly In event all weekend so it will likely be too crowded for a maiden. I'll be too nervous to maiden in front of a lot of people...I'll still bring it with me just in case.

I'm also not opposed to letting an expert with experience flying this model maiden her, trim it out, etc, if the opportunity presents itself.
                Oh bummer, but its best sometimes not to push it on a maiden flight if your not comfortable, I have done airshows and 38 yrs of flying and still like to do my maidens alone or with a buddy, I do most of my buddies maiden flights for him as well, after I get them trimmed and adjusted for flights and the testing of gear, flaps, stalls speeds and approach speeds on landings, I give it to him and he does well after that, I think you will be fine with the new version.

Comment

• Thanks, yeah I am on the road in a few minutes. Can I ask where your throws are at? It's been a while since my last one and I used the radio settings from my last one...Just curious.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Well the maiden never happened. First of all, the club is gorgeous. Plenty of room to fly any model you can think of, including giant scale turbines. I chickened out due to a few factors. One, there was more folks there than I am comfortable maidening this heavy model in front of, two it was really windy most of the time (which didn't seem to bother anyone but me, lol...They are used to flying in the wind) and three, the prevailing winds were left to right, and while I can fly clockwise, I am definitely a counter-clockwise flyer. I should be as comfortable flying clockwise but I've been flying counter-clockwise for so many years it seems foreign to me, and I certainly don't wish to fly clockwise on a maiden with a big, heavy jet.

The good news is she came home in the same condition I brought her in!

Even with all the beautiful models I saw over the weekend, mine still garned plenty of attention. She's is a looker no doubt.

I'm going to try again on a weekday where there's no real crowds and see if I can finagle a counter-clockwise takeoff and landing. Stay tuned!

Click image for larger version  Name:	redappleflyers5_6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	376979
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Well the maiden never happened. First of all, the club is gorgeous. Plenty of room to fly any model you can think of, including giant scale turbines. I chickened out due to a few factors. One, there was more folks there than I am comfortable maidening this heavy model in front of, two it was really windy most of the time (which didn't seem to bother anyone but me, lol...They are used to flying in the wind) and three, the prevailing winds were left to right, and while I can fly clockwise, I am definitely a counter-clockwise flyer. I should be as comfortable flying clockwise but I've been flying counter-clockwise for so many years it seems foreign to me, and I certainly don't wish to fly clockwise on a maiden with a big, heavy jet.

The good news is she came home in the same condition I brought her in!

Even with all the beautiful models I saw over the weekend, mine still garned plenty of attention. She's is a looker no doubt.

I'm going to try again on a weekday where there's no real crowds and see if I can finagle a counter-clockwise takeoff and landing. Stay tuned!

Click image for larger version Name:	redappleflyers5_6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	376979
                      Good decision no doubt, when your not comfortable, don't fly, I have seen so many guys who are not comfortable but have to make that flight anyway just because and the end result is usually bad, so it's good to see it in one piece, I know what you mean when you say flying CW or CCW, one thing I taught myself years ago was to fly either direction, practice practice if it's possible to learn both directions, I can remember showing up at a few airshows and making excuses because I seen how the guys were flying and I wasn't used to that direction, not fun when you drive so far and can't fly at an airshow, but a maiden at a field you haven't flown at and the wrong pattern direction at that can be a bad thing, good choice you made I would say....

Comment

• I totally agree. I really do need to brush up on my CW flying. It’s really all in my head as much as a muscle memory thing. I also don’t regret not maidening because you are right, if you don’t feel totally confident, bad things can and do happen.

There were just too many factors that made me feel uncomfortable enough to justify putting her back in the car unscathed.

I’ll get the RC sim out and brush up on those CW stick skills.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I'm heading back to Wenatchee this weekend but it's going to be HOT and WINDY so I'll have to leave her behind...Hope to find a window sooner than later to maiden!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I'm heading back to Wenatchee this weekend but it's going to be HOT and WINDY so I'll have to leave her behind...Hope to find a window sooner than later to maiden!
                            Well, did you get this F-16 up in the air recently or did I miss it??

Comment

• hi guys,

here is my F-16

Rgds Stefan Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1255.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	384203Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1254.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	384206Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1250.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	384210Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1258.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	384209Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1247.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	384205Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1256.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	384204Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1249.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	384211
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by heisteff View Post
                                hi guys,

here is my F-16

Rgds Stefan Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1255.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	384203Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1254.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	384206Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1250.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	384210Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1258.jpg
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	384209Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1247.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	384205Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1256.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	384204Click image for larger version

Name:	D78_1249.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	384211
                                Looks great as I said over on RCG, love the looks of that centerline tank, have you flown the jet with that mounted??

Comment

• hi, no couldn´t maiden that day since my esc lost it´s throttlecurve . i have to do some taxitests with the centerline first to see what happens with suspensioncompression first. might not have to much groundclearence

Stefan

Comment

• Such a fantastic job heisteff! Really really nice work. Love that scheme!

DCORSAIR No I never did get a chance to maiden and it looks like I won't be back at that field until Spring so she will have to wait. I'm having her painted up in the Arctic Camo scheme at the moment.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Haven't updated in awhile, I ended up buying both of them, they sure do fly great to, I really don't need two so I may sell one but I can't make up my mind which to keep..
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Haha I know what you mean DCORSAIR. I still have mine (number 4 I think?) but it’s at a buddy’s house. His wife was going to paint it Arctic Camo for me. And then I moved out of state and now I don’t know what to do. The club here is a bumpy crappy grass field. I hate to sell it but not sure what my options are?!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Haha I know what you mean DCORSAIR. I still have mine (number 4 I think?) but it’s at a buddy’s house. His wife was going to paint it Arctic Camo for me. And then I moved out of state and now I don’t know what to do. The club here is a bumpy crappy grass field. I hate to sell it but not sure what my options are?!
                                          Oh no not good, but I can tell you now that there may be guys flying it off nice low cut grass okay but if its bumpy I don't think the gear can take it, I've already fixed a couple of issues and I fly off asphalt with no hard landings yet with either one, but now that I have found the sweet spot with the CG location I don't know if I want to sell one, I just flew them both again yesterday experimenting with CG locations and really like it about 10mm farther back than the stock position mentioned in the instr. manual., its about right where the front screw hole is that holds the drop tank on. I hate to see you sell it because I know you will love it once you dial it in, so easy to fly and land, just glides in so slow nose high with a little power on the whole time she will do a nice high alpha landing,.....
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X