Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if yeh EDF would cause enough vacuum to stop the servos from opening the doors. I’ve never had that issue on my F-16 and have well over 50 flights. The doors do not have a perfect seal so not sure how can there be enough vacuum. I would think that if the servos can close the doors after take off, more air pressure holding them open, they should have enough power to open them. The voltage for all servos in my F-16 are set to 6v and landing gear to 7.4, so voltage should not be your issue. I remember you having and issue with your rudder/steering when you added throttle, what if the issue is RF interference, the routing of the satellite wires could be a problem 🤷‍♂️

On the MFC you can also adjust the degree of rotation of the gear doors. What if you reduce the closing end point of the servo door leaving the doors a hair open.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Lcacing some interesting points there. HSD support did walk me through some settings to check which was to verify that the servos, lights and gear were all 7.4V (they were). However, the gear delay which they said should be set to zero was set to 3 seconds. So I changed that. Finally, gear current was at 1000 mAh for 1 but 3 was set at zero! So I switched that to 1000 mAh as well since they said both 1 and 3 should be 1000 mAh. It will be interesting to see how those settings affect it.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros I assumed you had the MFC all setup by now including the gear motor limit currents which need to be 1A (1000mA). This is why I went down the servo replacement rabbit hole...by all means please make sure your MFC has all settings right before doing anything else. HSD Support can give you all the settings and you will have to go through the menu tree in the MFC and double check. In your previous posts it sounded like you already went through the MFC settings including servo voltages etc. Sorry about that.
        Test everything before you take her up this time, she can only take so many belly landings :-)

Comment

• PaulZ I am all caught up on the MFC settings. Jason from support has walked me through all the settings to double-check. Turns out there were a few that needed to be changed, mainly the gear motor currents on 3. I'm curious as to why these weren't already the settings from the factory? Maybe just a QC check was missed or something. I plan on testing the gear today (I need someone to hold it for me while I go through the gear cycling and throttle changes).

Yes, I believe it's in the manual somewhere stating that this model has a 2 belly landing on pavement limit!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Well I have finally found peace and tranquility with this model. I have her dialed in how I like her, CG is perfect for me (175mm) and the Demon Cortex gyro has tamed her into an easy flying model. I'm thrilled!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
              Well I have finally found peace and tranquility with this model. I have her dialed in how I like her, CG is perfect for me (175mm) and the Demon Cortex gyro has tamed her into an easy flying model. I'm thrilled!

Excellent! Congratulations, glad the gear is working. You were lucky it was just MFC settings.

Comment

• Thanks PaulZ I definitely feel fortunate it was simple MFC settings and not the electronics themselves...And I am joining a club that is nearby that has a huge full scale grass runway and the grass is golf green short! So excited to finally have a place to fly this jet without any obstructions and a low approach!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aros;n271948]Thanks PaulZ I definitely feel fortunate it was simple MFC settings and not the electronics themselves...And I am joining a club that is nearby that has a huge full scale grass runway and the grass is golf green short! So excited to finally have a place to fly this jet without any obstructions and a low approach![/QUOT
                  Nice flighing Aros. I am with you on being able to find a field where you can come in using a low approach. The 1,000 ft Parking lot We fly from has trees at both ends. Coming in at a low approach is not an option. Taking off is no problem but landings have to be on the numbers, and a little nerve racking especially With My 90 mm, F-16 F-35 and the SU-30. We have no paved RC fields any where close the closest decent paved runway for me is 150 miles away I have ordered a few brake setups for a few of my EDF's

Comment

• Yeah Wild Man I certainly feel your pain. I live in an area surrounded by hills and tall evergreen trees. While I would probably go mad living in middle America with no mountains and hills, it certainly lends itself to awesome flying potential. I have quite simply never flown without obstructions of some sort or another. Buildings, curbs, light poles, fences, tall trees, you name it. This is why I am so stoked to join that club that has a full scale grass runway as their airfield. While there are a line of trees running parallel to the runway, they are a good distance away and I don't see them being any issue. The runway is 2,600 feet with nothing but low approaches on both ends. Elated!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros. a couple of the nicest Club runways (asphalt) with a length of 600 ft. and 50 ft. wide, are over three hundred miles away. Billings Mont. and the other great spot is in the very small town of Riverton, Wyo. Both AMA fields thew next choice is in Gillette Wyo not as long and narrower I, as you have always found most every where else locally have obstructions and the local AMA club here fly from a rough Hay field slash Cow pasture that they mow the grass is always to long to fly most EDF's from and is rough. I do get to fly from most of our close by smaller Airports time to time

Comment

• There are two AMA clubs within an 8 mile radius of me. At one time or another I was a member of both. Problem is, one of the clubs is on an old landfill and even has methane pipes on the runway area! And their grass field (with bumps) is maybe 250 feet so forget EDF jets. The other club has more room but the grass isn't very short and about the same length. These clubs were formed under the premise of old gasser Cubs with tundra tires. Old farts that could give a rip about new gen technology and models like we enjoy with these scale warbirds and EDF jets. Which is why I am so stoked to join this new club. They are doing it right. Tons of space and they mow the grass down to almost dirt level.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Well I have finally found peace and tranquility with this model. I have her dialed in how I like her, CG is perfect for me (175mm) and the Demon Cortex gyro has tamed her into an easy flying model. I'm thrilled!

Glad you have her dialed in! Hoping to get there myself soon. Working sucks! You’re a man after my own heart with your music. Huge 80’s hair band fan. I saw Dokken in concert and then Lynch Mob when he left. I had a really sweet mullet at the time.........

Comment

• LOL Bogietrim !! I was a baby from the 80's and I make no apologies for my love of the hair band metal I grew up to...Good times! Funny 6 degrees of sep story...I was in a band and we got dang near close to a major record deal...But stuff happened, the band split and my manager introduced me to George and wanted me to be the new singer for Lynch Mob. He was nice enough but all I saw in my future was playing bowling alleys and small clubs as the music world was turning to Grunge...Don't regret my decision to pass even if it would have afforded me some fun memories.

Highly recommend a gyro in this bird. The difference is night and day to me.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

LOL Bogietrim !! I was a baby from the 80's and I make no apologies for my love of the hair band metal I grew up to...Good times! Funny 6 degrees of sep story...I was in a band and we got dang near close to a major record deal...But stuff happened, the band split and my manager introduced me to George and wanted me to be the new singer for Lynch Mob. He was nice enough but all I saw in my future was playing bowling alleys and small clubs as the music world was turning to Grunge...Don't regret my decision to pass even if it would have afforded me some fun memories.

Highly recommend a gyro in this bird. The difference is night and day to me.
                              This one time at band camp........

I will fly it without a gyro till I get it dialed in. I’m looking at the Aura for this one. I use Apple and don’t have a PC and that has kept me from using one in the past. Evidently programming can be done from the radio of my new system. Still researching that.

Comment

• Added the quintessential 1/7 scale pilot from Warbirdpilots.com as well as a green LED for the HUD just for fun. All that's left is to add RCGeek's centerburner, a little more weathering and hopefully I have a jet I get to enjoy for many seasons ahead.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Awesome, Aros! I love the pilots from Warbirdpilots, and that HUD LED also helps set off the look.

Comment

• Thanks bud! Yeah I love his pilots...I always feel so guilty amputating their legs to fit the cockpit but they don't need 'em anyways, lol.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• LOL, so true. It's worth it.

Comment

• Best flight with this jet yet. Coincidence that I finally put a pilot in the cockpit? I think not! He seems to know what he’s doing.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Nice flight Aros. I love the view to the South Of the haze and Mt. Saint Helens, I believe that is Mt Saint Helens. I was in Auburn Washington when She Blew Her top. Myself and three of my drivers were at an International Transport Terminal Waiting to get a load. When the eruption happened I was at my Uncles house in Renton

Comment

Working...
                                          X