Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-CAT
    replied
    The problem (for me, so I don’t want to generalize) is that the longer a preorder exists, the more time I have to change my mind and purchase a plethora of other products that get released to the market during that time frame. I’d rather RC manufacturers and distributors have a product in stock and ready to ship ASAP upon new product announcements.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    With each "new" video that shows up, it becomes clear that the overall impression this plane gives is the ridiculously low flight times. Except for the ones that FMS put out at the beginning, where they sliced, diced and spliced together clips to make a video, all the ones I've seen from privateers show flight times ranging from below 2 minutes to barely 2.5 minutes (2' 20" to be more precise). The more videos I see, the more I'm having second thoughts on this one. And now that the release date has been pushed forward another month, I've got more weeks to cancel my order from the LHS.
    Keep those vids coming. It may save me a few hundred bucks.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    FWIW, here's a vid from Thailand: https://youtu.be/f8PUHxLaXno

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    Looks like the Rafale will not be avaliable then until min March at the earliest then

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    My hope is that the US shipment is already on the water.

Chinese New Year shutdown 2021 timeline

Chinese New Year officially begins on February 12, 2021, so suppliers will begin slowing down or stopping production a week or so before. We recommend you ask your suppliers when their offices and factories will be closed throughout the holiday. Below is a rule of thumb schedule for the Chinese New Year holiday.
    • End of January: Suppliers will begin to stop production.
    • Early February: Employees begin leaving the factories.
    • February 11: All employees have left the factory.
    • February 12: Chinese New Year.
    • End of February: Employees begin arriving back at the factories.
    • March 4: Most employees have returned.
    • March 11: Operations are almost back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    And for only about $20K more than we're paying, can a get the 1/7th scale turbine version.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Here's the full scale. FMS did a nice job in replication. I am tempted to play around with a swing open canopy.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Yeah, saw those on the other forum this morning. For sure, Rich's video will have more information.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper View Post
    It's a private group. Can't read anything. You should quote what it says.

New vids from you tube. Can't wait for Rich Baker to publish his vid. Maybe because of the shipment delay, HH is holding off on the vid. Who knows ?

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    On Horizon site: now pushed to March.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    From Facebook:

✈️Welcome to the FMS community! This is an RC community forum created by FMS to serve newcomers, seasoned pilots and everyone in between. If you love RC, you're family- regardless of the brand, genre...

Fast enough for me
    It's a private group. Can't read anything. You should quote what it says.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    From Facebook:

✈️Welcome to the FMS community! This is an RC community forum created by FMS to serve newcomers, seasoned pilots and everyone in between. If you love RC, you're family- regardless of the brand, genre...

Fast enough for me

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    Well I have been torn between buying the Freewing Gripen and the FMS Rafale and kept swinging from one to the other but Brexit has made the decision for me The Gripen is on the European warehouse at 429 euros that is at the exchange rate at the moment about £380 But just calculated it,if I buy the Gripen from Europe ,what with all the exchange rates and admin fee from the credit card and courier ,it will now cost me £44 more coming out at £424 for a £380 model plus it has been out of stock for ages .Think I will pre order the Rafale .Sorry Motion RC but you are becoming to expensive and to much hassle to buy from.,Not Motion RC fault but that is life

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    The company I work for has a global supply chain and it's a mess for everybody right now. Seeing 4 week delays. From container shortages, port workers, driver shortages, covid has taken its toll.

Here's a list of container ships waiting to dock, anchored outside Ports of LA and Long Beach.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Thanks Tommy. Lots more to come on this one.

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Bajora View Post
    Nice job, Jon. Looking forward to more content.

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    That's good news James. I was holding off on a order hoping to include it and just made it an hour ago. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I'm sure that most of the resellers have a way to find out when the container will be put on a boat, when it's scheduled to leave port and scheduled to dock wherever. Granted that schedules change and things "happen". A good company will be upfront with info if they have it and honest if they don't.

It's not just the shippers - there are big delays at the receiving end too, I've had packages sitting in customs for weeks before being released.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Page Updated Evan D. The container with those left late November, and are in the US and EU now. Should arrive late Jan/Early Feb

Leave a comment:

Working...
X