Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITVader
    replied
    OK, I hate to ask since that would mean someone out there probably had a "doom" flight. I'm in search of the controller box (aka the "magic" box) for the Rafale, pretty sure I got a bum one in my bird. Setup according to the manual with my Spectrum, clean acro, on a wiped receiver. Never got delta mixing on the wings as per the videos, I hit the flap switch and the inboard flaps would go straight up, ailerons down, etc, etc. Just never responded the way I've seen them from a clean setup. The Canard servo linkage popped out on the first cycle (the rod end was less than half way under the set screw) and my battery lead only came about 1/2 inch out from the back of the cockpit. I swear someone on their first shift somewhere in China built this thing. Moved to my Futaba rig and receiver and pretty much the same thing. It was a 9/21 bird. Needless to say FMS's "Great Support" hasn't answered an e-mail and I'm pretty sure my controller is somewhat out of whack. I could move to a 10 channel but jeez those servo wires are a fracking birds nest. So if anyone has an extra "magic box" for the 80mm I'd be interested in buying it just for my own edification!

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    If you have (or have access to a 3D printer, my performance enhancing nozzles are here: (They also have improved appearance).

Replacement nozzles for the FMS Rafale, with a reduced exit diameter (52mm, which is 100% FSA), and closer to scale than the stock nozzle. There are two external versions: one has turkeyfeathers open, the other closed. They are both the same internally. Verson 2a has slighly thicker feathers than version 2, needed for some printers. Print with minimal infill for weight savings.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    I'm using a 6000mah, 6s, HV LiPo weighing 665g - weight is the more important factor than mah as balancing must be considered. Weight differs from one brand to another, even if mah stay the same. It flies the plane with a little more gusto and a little more flight time. I also have the 3-D printed nozzles from Geek. Rafale flies marvelously with this combo.

Leave a comment:

• Lateral-G
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post
    Is the Rafale still coming with the oversized nozzles, or has that issue been fixed?
    Mine still has the oversized nozzles. Just ordered from Tower (the one with Reflex box). I printed RC Geek's nozzles and will install them.

Leave a comment:

• Lateral-G
    replied
    What are most using for battery in this one?
    4000?
    5000?
    5200?
    6000?
    6250?

I moved the reflex box and Rx to the very front of the battery compartment so I can slide a 5200 pack in as far back as possible but still getting the CG at 120mm

I don't have any 4000 or 5000 6s packs as yet but if that's what is needed I will get them.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Is the Rafale still coming with the oversized nozzles, or has that issue been fixed?

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Adavidson View Post
    anyone know how to get a replacement light for the nose gear. for the fms rafale 80mm?
    As best I can tell they are standard 1W LED chips like these:

Leave a comment:

• Adavidson
    replied
    anyone know how to get a replacement light for the nose gear. for the fms rafale 80mm?

Leave a comment:

• Icarus the 2nd
    replied
    2 weeks ago I was flying my 8S FMS Rafale during a really nice EDF only meeting in Bavaria, Germany.

My gf recorded one of my flights, here it is, uneditted.

It's nice to fly on a hard surface for a change. 145 Flights in total so far, of the best EDFs in my hangar!

Leave a comment:

• Builda
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper View Post
    But it is listed on the Horizon site:

Since you have friends in the FMS factory, can you comment on the rumor that FMS will once again begin to sell their products directly to consumers in N. America in the New Year? Horizon has currently put the nix on this policy.
    sorry for the late reply, i dont check these forums much. Short answer is no, horizon continue to be the main distributor in the US……BUT…..FMS do have an Amazon store (Fair RC) and to the best of my knowledge they have aircraft on there so maybe have a look there. Don’t ask me how to navigate Amazon I don’t use it because we don’t have it here!

Leave a comment:

• chuckywhiskers
    replied
    While I do appreciate the input, no. The real Rafale uses a fly-by-wire system like every other modern fighter. Canards are definitely independent. The only reason I would want that is for the high alpha stability. I'd set the canards up to try to level the plane with a gyro, while flying with up elevator on the elevons. This would allow the canards to direct airflow over the main wing and become more stable by improving the stall characteristics. If they were not independent, the turns would not be smooth in a high angle of attack. I'm basically trying to design an imitation fly-by-wire system for a flight mode using simple gyros and maybe incorporating a gps flight controller down the line for airspeed mixing and enabling iNAV and FPV. The wings should be able to lift the component weight. Mainly it is just for fun to see if it will work. Whether it is a good idea or not isn't my concern necessarily. Lol it will definitely get some regular flights first because it looks like a fun plane.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    QUACK!

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    Oui, mais le canard. C'est deliceux!
    Canard à l'orange

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Oui, mais le canard. C'est deliceux!

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Didn't the real Rafale make chicken soup in the tailpipe?
    That's not gourmet French cuisine.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    That's why I'm letting you guy's know. It's a pretty tempting deal.

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    I don't know if you guys noticed but Tower has some without the reflex on sale for $350.
    That's a heck of a good deal considering the average price of the 80mm EDF PNP class of jets these days.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    I don't know if you guys noticed but Tower has some without the reflex on sale for $350.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Didn't the real Rafale make chicken soup in the tailpipe?

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by chuckywhiskers View Post
    . It really irritates me that FMS would go this far with the model and flake out on function for the sake of simplicity...
    What exact function is it that has been omitted?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X