First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radfordc
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    I actually wish the "reviewers" would do a fourth or fifth flight review. Where we.can see the strengths and weaknesses of the given plane. Instead of the initial unveiling maiden flight of a new product to showcase.

It's like the written reviews of planes that say, "this plane is the best plane I've ever owned, I can't wait to take it fully out of the box fly it for the first time."

Uh, fly it for a day, then tell us what you think...
    Exactly! I watched a "review" video of a maiden flight. Less than 15 seconds into the flight the reviewer was raving about the flight characteristics. Just stupid!

Leave a comment:

• Mtpisgah99
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I kinda think that no seller would do much about that (sticker blister). MRC “might” do something like send you a new wing, but I would be doubtful. If it were my plane and I get nowhere with the seller, I would take a tiny pin and poke a hole in the middle of each individual bubble and massage the air out. If it sticks back down, done. If it doesn’t stick, then I’d use a hobby iron (not too hot) and give a bit of an iron.
    i just want to tell Horizon Hobby (FYI) the airplane issued. however, getting contacted with Horizon Hobby is very hard. i think its MOTION RC fault. MRC spoiled us (me) by getting answered and expedite the product problems right away. anyway, i know how to fix that bubble. i started fixing it and i stop to take a picture, it was worst than that picture attached. OHH, WELL. i'd get another one from HOBBY ZONE (good customer service so far) as a back up airplane. will deliver this friday, ordered it on monday and ($30 less @ chkout vs horizon hobby total $) fast service!!!!!
    Dear

Your Hobby Zone order HZ-********** is complete and has shipped. Here are the tracking numbers:

Track my package **********

Thank you for your business!
    Return Policy: Examine the contents of your order immediately and let us know if there is a problem. Complete details of our return policy are listed on our website. Returns will not be accepted without an RMA number. If a package has been damaged in shipping or if you have received defective merchandise, please contact us for further instructions. Our address is HOBBY ZONE, 7171 Shady Oak Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344. You can contact us by phone at 888-953-9663 or by email at info@hobbyzone.com.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtpisgah99 View Post
    got mine. i tried to email Horizon Hobby about big (nickel size) bubble in the main wing yellow sticker but keep telling me website/email not working, try again....WTF. that's the different bet. MRC and horizon hobby. MRC good customer service. horizon hobby sucks.
    I kinda think that no seller would do much about that (sticker blister). MRC “might” do something like send you a new wing, but I would be doubtful. If it were my plane and I get nowhere with the seller, I would take a tiny pin and poke a hole in the middle of each individual bubble and massage the air out. If it sticks back down, done. If it doesn’t stick, then I’d use a hobby iron (not too hot) and give a bit of an iron.

Leave a comment:

• Mtpisgah99
    replied
    got mine. i tried to email Horizon Hobby about big (nickel size) bubble in the main wing yellow sticker but keep telling me website/email not working, try again....WTF. that's the different bet. MRC and horizon hobby. MRC good customer service. horizon hobby sucks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RudyD54
    replied
    🙌 mine has shipped!

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    On RCG there is a reported Raf shipped from HH...
    I'll wait for a "proper" and realistic review (as opposed to the promotional reviews, aka - informercials, we've seen so far) from you and other real world users before jumping off the fence.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    On RCG there is a reported Raf shipped from HH...

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by barron06 View Post

Agreed - FYI to anyone how does not know:
    It had been a while since I ordered from MRC but when I preordered the Gripen. I changed my mind about it and decided to cancel (Still hadn't arrived on the boat). This is when I found out that you can not cancel an order, even a pre-order. This was not the case earlier. You can ship it back, no problem, but I'm not sure about who pays for shipping. So, be sure you want the pre-order or whatever you're ordering. In contrast to HH, mrc takes you money even before it ships but at least they are upfront about it. With mrc at least they don't charge state sales tax (I prefer to pay mine when I do my taxes).
    Between COVID and the post office castration, things are really jacked in the supply chain. I've given up on ever finding 2 of my orders. This was before the post office issues related to the election.
    Re: Motion pre-orders ......................................... This must be something new. I pre-ordered the OV-10, cancelled it a few weeks later, got a full refund on my CC. This was during the height of the Covid-19 thing and finances were a bit up and down. When my finances got better, I ordered the OV-10 again.

Leave a comment:

• barron06
    replied
    Absolutely a good thing they do that...

Agreed - FYI to anyone how does not know:
    It had been a while since I ordered from MRC but when I preordered the Gripen. I changed my mind about it and decided to cancel (Still hadn't arrived on the boat). This is when I found out that you can not cancel an order, even a pre-order. This was not the case earlier. You can ship it back, no problem, but I'm not sure about who pays for shipping. So, be sure you want the pre-order or whatever you're ordering. In contrast to HH, mrc takes you money even before it ships but at least they are upfront about it. With mrc at least they don't charge state sales tax (I prefer to pay mine when I do my taxes).
    Between COVID and the post office castration, things are really jacked in the supply chain. I've given up on ever finding 2 of my orders. This was before the post office issues related to the election.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    My virtual modeling account pays for vaporware.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    At least that's one good thing about a Horizon pre-order. Your money stays with you till they actually have the product to send out. I really hate paying up front on pre-orders months ahead of time of shipping and I won't do it anymore.
    While this is true, the money has already been withdrawn from the virtual modeling account that I keep in my head. So canceling the Rafale pre-order allowed me to spend money on the F-15 and Hawker Hunter.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Absolutely a good thing they do that...

At least that's one good thing about a Horizon pre-order. Your money stays with you till they actually have the product to send out. I really hate paying up front on pre-orders months ahead of time of shipping and I won't do it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Yes, we've watched you go from wanting one plane to another to another and back and forth... 🤣
    "But I must have internet feedback on my decisions so I know I'm doing the right thing. That's why I post pictures of my plate of food on Facebook and beg for everyone to "subscribe" to my YouTube channel because I need the validation."

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
    I’ve thought about cancelling, but as Horizon hasn’t charged me yet I’m just hanging on. I really hope it’s not a total slug. I’m happy with the Gripen stock performance and hope it’s at least somewhere near that.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Yes, we've watched you go from wanting one plane to another to another and back and forth...

As many have said you can probably reorder it when it comes in since so many have cancelled their order.

FreeWing/ Motion hasn't been any better with their updates on delayed items either...

Well, the Gripen was announced after the Rafale, but I've had mine since last year and have already had a bunch of flights on it. The Gripen TV was backordered, but I've had that installed for a month and have flown it already. The ArrowsRC F-15 and Dynam Hunter were also announced long after the Rafale, but I've flown my F-15 and the Hunter is ready to go after an extensive "kitbash" into a different mark (Mk 3).

I understand the cause of shipping delays, but the Rafale is way out of line with the others.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Yes, we've watched you go from wanting one plane to another to another and back and forth...

As many have said you can probably reorder it when it comes in since so many have cancelled their order.

FreeWing/ Motion hasn't been any better with their updates on delayed items either...

Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
    So what the hell happened to the FMS Rafale .I have given up on it ,cancelled my order and instead order a Freewing Gripen .Think FMS have shot them self in the foot with this Rafale

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    So what the hell happened to the FMS Rafale .I have given up on it ,cancelled my order and instead order a Freewing Gripen .Think FMS have shot them self in the foot with this Rafale

Leave a comment:

• RudyD54
    replied
    I’ve thought about cancelling, but as Horizon hasn’t charged me yet I’m just hanging on. I really hope it’s not a total slug. I’m happy with the Gripen stock performance and hope it’s at least somewhere near that.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

It's more than 6 months since the Rafale was announced, and apart from a privileged few with special contacts, none has been seen in the USA.

In that 6 months I have bought and assembled three models each of which was announced after the Rafale, and have a bunch of flights on the Gripen already. I think FMS/HH shot themselves in the foot with this one.
    Must admit it is not good but that is FMS for you
    I have given up on the Rafale and thought I would get the Freewing Sky Hawk instead. Bloody hell that is out of stock

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
    You can tell it is the Chinese New Year. I see the Rafale was due out today but the delivery date has now been put back yet again. No delivery date for the release date for the Rafale. Freewing have the same problem. 10 week wait for the Mig 29
    It's more than 6 months since the Rafale was announced, and apart from a privileged few with special contacts, none has been seen in the USA.

In that 6 months I have bought and assembled three models each of which was announced after the Rafale, and have a bunch of flights on the Gripen already. I think FMS/HH shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X