Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan D
    replied
    I'm sure that most of the resellers have a way to find out when the container will be put on a boat, when it's scheduled to leave port and scheduled to dock wherever. Granted that schedules change and things "happen". A good company will be upfront with info if they have it and honest if they don't.

With the current state of the world I have to think many companies just don't know but when they still have wrong info posted or they tell one group and not others that's bad business. As John says it is irritating that MRC has wrong info on the Gripen page, first that the TVs are 3D printed, when we know they aren't, and second that it'll be available late 2020. Their marketing people know that's incorrect. As bad is to pass updates to other groups through secondary means such as face book groups, twitter, pod casts and not update the formal web page.

I've been slightly vocal about this and I know people are tired of me sayin it but I'm hoping at some point it sinks in that we are the customers and giving customers good information is called customer service. Customer service is why most of my shopping for the last few years has been with Motion, but lately I've begun looking at other sources.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Do you think CML has a better crystal ball than HH, RC-Castle or MRC for predicting shipping out of China right now?

(Admittedly it's irritating that MRC still shows "Optional 3DPUP (“3D Printed Upgrade Part”) Sets, sold separately, will be made available in late 2020" for the Gripen TV unit).

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    Are that is good news then CML are saying they expect delivery of the Rafale January 28.

Leave a comment:

• Apriliamgt
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
    I have read that Horizion Hobby are not going to send anymore items to the UK including the new Rafale due to Brexit. That will be a pain, looking forward to buying the new Rafale. Anyone know for sure this is the case or is it a case of scare mongering by the remainers again
    First HH do not deal with distribution in the UK. CML does. So should effect it

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    I have read that Horizion Hobby are not going to send anymore items to the UK including the new Rafale due to Brexit. That will be a pain, looking forward to buying the new Rafale. Anyone know for sure this is the case or is it a case of scare mongering by the remainers again

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    You are right Kallend .There are more important things then waiting to see if a model is or is not in stock

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Which is weird because it looks like the Grippen is in stock. But if your dead set on the Rafale just get it.

Oh, nevermind, you are in Europe. They are in stock in the US.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Rafale was announced more than 5 months ago. It is hardly a great example of prompt delivery.

Over 400,000 people DEAD in the USA from this pandemic but people whine about having to wait for their toys.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    Was going to buy the Freewing Gripen but Motion RC have lost the plot .Like most of their spare parts the Gripen is out of stock and has been for 3 months and after promise after promise from Motion RC it is still out of stock and I have given up with Freewing's promising me it will be in next week and nothing happens. So I have ditch the Gripen and have gone for the Rafale
    ​​​​​.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Arming the Rafale should be fun:

Click image for larger version

Name:	swarajya%2F2020-07%2Ffc01742b-586c-47e3-932c-4c82d0020e20%2F1b12783766f4fc965083308300a30696.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	291637

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied

Dassault's Rafale multirole jets doing what jets like to do most: flying.(C) Jukka O. Kauppinen 2020Original video materials: Dassaulthttp://www.siivet.fiSub...

I have uploaded an STL file for a dual flickering afterburner adapter to fit the FMS inrunner EDF for the Rafale to Thingiverse. The link is on my blog.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...DF-afterburner

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    All look very cool. Can't wait to get mine in Feb/March or whenever they arrive. Will watch for Pilot Ryan and Rich Baker to do their build and fly vids. Might order an AB in advance from Goony or Chris
    Mine's made already.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    All look very cool. Can't wait to get mine in Feb/March or whenever they arrive. Will watch for Pilot Ryan and Rich Baker to do their build and fly vids. Might order an AB in advance from Goony or Chris

Leave a comment:

• MANFRED
    replied
    No Merde

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201214-164952_Gallery.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	290315Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201214-164928_Gallery.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	290314

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Have you not seen other Tigermeet planes? YouTube or google Tigermeet.

It's not just the french that are crazy...the whole world is crazy, it's just us americans that don't realize that we are crazy too.

Leave a comment:

• dahawk
    replied
    Manfred,

No I really did not realize that the livery is representative of a full scale. Now I know. Thought someone got drunk in the art department. Crazy French

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Yes, FMS is one of a few that does update their lanes into V2, 3, etc ... I find it interesting those in the FreeWing threads like the big Mig saying that "when they release a V2" they will fix this and that. FreeWing almost never has an official V2. They do upgrade power systems but that's when they discontinue an older system. I think it's crazy that the F-14 which has been selling for years still has an upside down decal on it. How long with the Gripen have a misspelled decal?
    My Eurofighter is officially a V2, my two F-35s are a V2 and a V3, there have been several iterations of the power system (9 or 12B, inrunner or outrunner) for the Avanti and Mirage, and we have HP versions of several.

I'm fairly sure the stock Eurofighter had a mispelled decal to the end of its run (I can't check because mine is painted over and has Callie graphics, which themselves have an incorrect serial number for GINA).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MANFRED
    replied
    Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Yes sir, saw that description on Turbinesrc. Includes the FMS stabalizer also. I didn't see this same write up on Horizon so I can't confirm exactly what they are including. I'm hoping they didn't order a watered down version to keep the cost down .They are showing the pre- order price reduced about $90. That's a lot of cool gadgetry for the price.

I see they show a max batt size of 5000mah. and a max flight time of 3 min. They know how to manage customer expectations. I'm already thinking 6000mah and 4 min. Lol.

The color is growing on me.Was aghast at first. Chris from RC Geek has a video up on You Tube showing a BVM version in the same livery. I think that was the final nudge to make me click on the buy button.Good enough for a $20k turbine, good enough for me. Ha
    You do realize that is an actual paint scheme representing an actual aircraft?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Yes, FMS is one of a few that does update their lanes into V2, 3, etc ... I find it interesting those in the FreeWing threads like the big Mig saying that "when they release a V2" they will fix this and that. FreeWing almost never has an official V2. They do upgrade power systems but that's when they discontinue an older system. I think it's crazy that the F-14 which has been selling for years still has an upside down decal on it. How long with the Gripen have a misspelled decal?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X