Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-New Freewing PJ50 Twin 70mm EDF Jet - Official Thread

PJ50 Business Jet Twin 70mm EDF Jet from Freewing

US Product Page Link : https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...mm-edf-jet-pnp

EU Product Page Link: https://www.motionrc.eu/products/fre...mm-edf-jet-pnp

Watch the PJ50 fly here:

Pre-Order / Reservation Details - Please read this information carefully before ordering:
    • This is the pre-order for the Freewing PJ50 Private Jet Twin 70mm EDF Jet - PNP. The current expected arrival date is Mid March 2022. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
    • This is an EXTREMELY popular product, so we STRONGLY recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive a unit from the first shipment.
    • In order to hold your Freewing PJ50 Private Jet, your credit card or PayPal account will be billed at the time your pre-order is placed.
    • Please DO NOT order spare parts with your pre-order unless you are willing to wait for them to ship with the plane. We do not ship spare parts separately before pre-order items.

After years of anticipation, Motion RC and Freewing are proud to announce our first business jet, the PJ50! Evolving in the footsteps of our wildly popular AL37 Airliner, the PJ50 is the next generation of civilian transporter plane that is sure to turn heads and drop jaws at your RC flying field. The Freewing PJ50 sports all the modern design elements that a discerning RC pilot wants in a high performance, feature rich, and uniquely standout aircraft. Now boarding: Your personal jet!
    Elegance Extreme

Symbols of opulence and style, Freewing’s PJ50 references the personal jet travel habits of the business elite. Sleek, stark, and sharp in all the right planes, the PJ50 brings into RC hangars around the world something new to fly alongside Freewing’s long line of RC military jets and warbirds.
    First in Class

The PJ50 is the first Freewing model that is inspired by the civil sector of corporate jets. With a 67” wingspan, the Freewing PJ50 impresses both in the air and on the runway. Its sleek profile provides for that “big airplane” feel in the sky, while its slender fuselage and removable wings keep it easy to transport in a standard sedan.
    Chromed Details

Chromed plastic inlets add extra bling to the aircraft while also protecting the nacelle. The PJ50 features 12 bladed Electric Ducted Fan units for increased thrust and the pleasing “whoosh” sound that RC jet pilots love.
    6S Inrunner Motors

The ultimate in efficient power delivery, Freewing’s popular Inrunner motors drive the 12 bladed EDF. This power system is used in many Freewing jets and is well regarded for its output power per pound. With sensible throttle management, the PJ50 features a potential flight time of 4-8 minutes.
    Grass-Friendly

A “double-bogey” or two wheel setup is mounted on a CNC aluminum OLEO suspension strut to absorb the occasional rough landing. The narrow profile of the undercarriage is intended to cut through short grass fields, although pavement provides the best taxiing experience for a business jet in this class. A dual nose door fully encloses the nose gear during flight to provide optimal aerodynamic efficiency.
    Suspension Struts

“Trailing Link” suspension struts on the main landing gear are paired with double-bogey wheels to give extra stability when operating on rougher surfaces. A bolt-on door conceals the strut during flight. The PJ50 uses common wheel sizes with several other Freewing jets and is configurable for other wheel materials if the pilot chooses to experiment.
    Triple Landing Lights

The PJ50 boasts three white LED landing lights, two mounted on the wing roots and one mounted on the nose strut. These three landing lights are automatically synchronized to turn on when the landing gear are deployed, and to turn off when the landing gear are retracted.
    LEDs Everywhere

Eleven LEDs are pre-installed throughout the aircraft, making the PJ50 one of the most illuminated aircraft at Motion RC. These LEDs are all driven by a central unit which handles how and when each LED behaves. Some blink, some flash, some remain on, and some are synchronized with the landing gear. Additional programming or configuration is not required.
    Efficient Power System

Having designed EDF jets for over 15 years, Freewing’s power systems continue to define the ultimate in sensible performance and value in PNP (“Plug and Play”) RC jets. The PJ50’s twin 70mm 12 blade Inrunner motor system is fed by a single 6s 25.5V 5000mAh LiPo battery. This common battery is required for many RC models and is already owned by many RC pilots, lowering the average cost of ownership for any one aircraft.
    Now Boarding

Developed for both the novice and expert RC jet pilot alike, the Freewing PJ50 delivers an ownership experience without parallel. Fly the skies with style and bring a different touch of class to your hangar today!
    Features:
    • Now includes two 2952-2100Kv inrunner motors and 12-blade fans for added power and efficiency
    • Beautiful, scale outline both static and in the skies
    • ~1/16 scale, yet lightweight with docile flying characteristics
    • Attractive, business jet-standard blue decals
    • Nacelles easily removed with 4 screws
    • 11 LED light system throughout the airframe
    • 4 screw wing assembly makes for easier transport
    • Removable winglets with MWS slotting system
    • Scale aluminum suspension struts
    • Scale flap system
    Includes:
    • Freewing PJ50 Private Jet Twin 70mm EDF Jet - PNP
    • 2x 2952-2100Kv Inrunner Brushless Motors (installed)
    • 2x 70mm 12-Blade EDFs (installed)
    • 2x 60A ESCs with 8A UBEC (installed)
    • 6x 9g Digital Hybrid Gear Servos (installed)
    • 2x 9g Digital Metal Gear Servos (installed)
    • Electric Retractable Landing Gear (installed)
    • 11x LED Lights (installed)
    Requires:

I will definitely be snagging one of these post Xmas...I love T-Tails both in civilian prop/jet and glider form. She's a looker no doubt. LOVE the size and scale appeal and looks like a puddycat in the air. Can't wait!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Looks really well done! My lovely wife ordered mine for me during the show. Can't wait.

Comment

Magnificent! While the AL-37 is a tad on the large side, this one is just about the perfect size. Hope to have the space to keep both but if not the 37 will have to go. I've had a couple of guys who have been after me to sell it all season.
        I've already got some reversing ESCs lined up for this. All my jets with reverse are real eye catching. This one will be even more so.

Comment

I too ordered one. There were many aircraft I had hoped to be out today and this was not on my list but it does not disappoint either. My question is, I may be moving at the end of January so will I be able to call to update the shipping info so I can get it shipped to the correct place?

Comment

Comment

Sweet.

I'm planning on a repaint to a USCG VC-37. The biggest challenge is to match the white paint. If I can do so, I'll only have to worry about the fuselage.

I've already sent Callie an email

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top Front.jpg
Views:	3414
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	332156

Comment

Gilatrout Nice livery choice.

Comment

Definitely thinking of repaint, examples are for scheme only not variant type.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I really like that, simple and nice.

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                    Sweet.

I'm planning on a repaint to a USCG VC-37. The biggest challenge is to match the white paint. If I can do so, I'll only have to worry about the fuselage.

I've already sent Callie an email

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top Front.jpg
Views:	3414
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	332156

Comment

I've noticed a couple of potential issues in the videos. The first is that James seems to be carrying a ton of up trim on his elevators indicating that his CG and possibly the book CG is way too forward. The second issue is that in one of the slo-mo landings, it looks like there is some fuselage flex in the aft section.

Both are easy to solve. For the flexing issue, I'm going to add additional carbon fiber slats internally along the tail and up the fuselage to stiffen the area where the two pieces meet. As to the CG, Ill figure out if I need to do more than move the battery after I add the stiffeners.

March is soo far away....

Comment

Instructions say to have 5mm of up elevator (pg10). I agree March is far away, really hoped they would have it in stock for Christmas. Better than May for the EF F-14 though.

I've noticed a couple of potential issues in the videos. The first is that James seems to be carrying a ton of up trim on his elevators indicating that his CG and possibly the book CG is way too forward. The second issue is that in one of the slo-mo landings, it looks like there is some fuselage flex in the aft section.

Both are easy to solve. For the flexing issue, I'm going to add additional carbon fiber slats internally along the tail and up the fuselage to stiffen the area where the two pieces meet. As to the CG, Ill figure out if I need to do more than move the battery after I add the stiffeners.

Comment

I'm planning on a repaint to a USCG VC-37. The biggest challenge is to match the white paint. If I can do so, I'll only have to worry about the fuselage. I've already sent Callie an email
                          GT, Absolutely gorgeous livery choice. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Im going to wring it out more this week now that the reveal is done. I was babying it with it being the only one. Just needed enough footage for the hype video. Definitely will try to get Major Croasdale on the sticks. He was there for the flight I showed (had a new baby, hadn't seen him in a bit). Hang tight.

But yes, Evan is right. The book calls for 5mm up, I did have to trim the elevator down on my maiden, but it was flying great for me so I didn't further play with it. I will now. Monday looks sunny and calm

Comment

A little disappointed in some of the negative comments in various social media on this one. You're not going to get something that's right for everyone all the time. While this ain't my "cup of tea", still gotta hand it to FW for coming up with another incredible product. They now produce two of the finest commercial jets out there! I will definitely watch all the outstanding repaints many will come up with, just like the AL-37, and I'm sure this bird flies awesome and looks like a lot of thought went into every piece of it. For many (although not me), I'm sure this is right in their "wheelhouse". And it's not like those of us who aren't necessarily interested in this one have plenty of incredible FW military jets to choose from already. I don't seem to recall hearing anyone complain when HH came out with an 80mm F-4 and F-16 (well after FW already had theirs), although IMO the 4 different 90mm FW F-4's (including 8S) and the 2 90mm F-16's are far superior to anything HH came out with and the Mig is hands down far superior to the SU-30. And don't even talk about their prop warbirds in the Corsair/Spitfire/B-24 (all by far the only ones to spend your dough on). Bottom line, there's different aircraft that appeal to different people so if this ain't for you, GET OVER IT!
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Just what I have been waiting for-for years now and the wait is now over! Thanks FW and Motion!

Comment

Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                                  My question is, I may be moving at the end of January so will I be able to call to update the shipping info so I can get it shipped to the correct place?
                                  No worries, If you have any trouble changing your address, just sent me a PM and I'll get it changed.

Comment

Hugh Wiedman - Every. Single. Release.

The negative ones always start louder, just wait a little while for them to disappear for a while and the ones who are interested remain. Today was a good day for civilian jet fans. Everyone will have their day

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                      A little disappointed in some of the negative comments in various social media on this one. You're not going to get something that's right for everyone all the time. While this ain't my "cup of tea", still gotta hand it to FW for coming up with another incredible product. They now produce two of the finest commercial jets out there! I will definitely watch all the outstanding repaints many will come up with, just like the AL-37, and I'm sure this bird flies awesome and looks like a lot of thought went into every piece of it. For many (although not me), I'm sure this is right in their "wheelhouse". And it's not like those of us who aren't necessarily interested in this one have plenty of incredible FW military jets to choose from already. I don't seem to recall hearing anyone complain when HH came out with an 80mm F-4 and F-16 (well after FW already had theirs), although IMO the 4 different 90mm FW F-4's (including 8S) and the 2 90mm F-16's are far superior to anything HH came out with and the Mig is hands down far superior to the SU-30. And don't even talk about their prop warbirds in the Corsair/Spitfire/B-24 (all by far the only ones to spend your dough on). Bottom line, there's different aircraft that appeal to different people so if this ain't for you, GET OVER IT!
                                      Hugh, I think you've nailed it with regard to those who 's expectations might have been for a new military jet. I think if this new offering has even half the appeal and sales as the AL-37, it could be a major success. I see this as a great new product and not as a disappointment. A single 6S battery and Twin 70 mm 12 blades, seriously, this is awesome engineering. Bravo Zulu, MotionRC, Freewing, Alpha, and all those who brought this one to market. Best as always, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                        Hugh Wiedman - Every. Single. Release.

The negative ones always start louder, just wait a little while for them to disappear for a while and the ones who are interested remain. Today was a good day for civilian jet fans. Everyone will have their day
                                        Yes it was James...

Comment

Working...
                                        X