Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won an Aura 8, I think thats it name, that I want to try out. But then I have no idea how it actually works. It does not sound difficult but nobody will sit down with me to show me. So it sits in a box. It would be nice in my al37 to stop the tail waggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
      I won an Aura 8, I think thats it name, that I want to try out. But then I have no idea how it actually works. It does not sound difficult but nobody will sit down with me to show me. So it sits in a box. It would be nice in my al37 to stop the tail waggle.
      The Aura 8 appears to be an excellent product. My FlexJet came with one and unfortunately, I could never figure it out or at least, I never had the patience to keep messing with it to make it do what I wanted it to do. The default programming it had for the FlexJet made the plane fly awful for me. I yanked it out and put in a HobbyEagle instead. The plane flies near perfect now.
      There are those who are very adept at programming the Aura 8. You can find them on this forum and they swear by the device. You must download the configurator onto your PC or Mac and know the steps to do all the steps you need. Miss one step and nothing works. Flex Innovations has a huge "wiki" on this device. You can download it and it will show you exactly what and how to program/tweak it.
      I currently use a few of the Aura 5 Lites on their default settings for my flying wings and it is easy to use and makes the planes fly wonderfully.

Comment

• I can't find any info about the Freewing E52 Flight Stabilizer Gyro... Click image for larger version

Name:	FWP50WE52P2.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	333280Click image for larger version

Name:	FWP50WE52P1.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	333281

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          I can't find any info about the Freewing E52 Flight Stabilizer Gyro... Click image for larger version  Name:	FWP50WE52P2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	333280Click image for larger version  Name:	FWP50WE52P1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	333281
          Neither can I. I'd like to know what upgrades they made from the E51. From the looks of the port labelling, it's almost a copy of the high end HobbyEagle.

Comment

• I'm as much interested in the gyro as I am the plane! Having a case with moutning screws is a huge plus. Merry Christmas you guys!

Comment

I can't find any info about the Freewing E52 Flight Stabilizer Gyro... Click image for larger version  Name:	FWP50WE52P2.jpg Views:	65 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	333280Click image for larger version  Name:	FWP50WE52P1.jpg Views:	57 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	333281
              Here is the product page on Motion
              Freewing 3 Axis Flight Stabilizer / Gyro [E51] Motion RC

And the manual is here
              3DXS(Q).cdr

EDIT - My bad this is for E51

Comment

• Hello, this looks like a fantastic piece of work by Freewing. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I wonder how the 12 blade fans do not require cheater holes of some sort. Is it just purely for the whoosh sound? Or Does it coincide with kv rating or the fact that the motors are Inrunners and can make up for the loss in efficiency? The fans are recessed enough into the pods, at least they seem that way to me. Just a nerdy question floating in my head...

Comment

• Originally posted by Model jet juggernaut View Post
                  Hello, this looks like a fantastic piece of work by Freewing. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I wonder how the 12 blade fans do not require cheater holes of some sort. Is it just purely for the whoosh sound? Or Does it coincide with kv rating or the fact that the motors are Inrunners and can make up for the loss in efficiency? The fans are recessed enough into the pods, at least they seem that way to me. Just a nerdy question floating in my head...
                  Look at the motor pods that the EDFs are mounted in. Air doesn't have much distance to travel to get to the front of the fan nor does it have very far to go to get out of the fan. Same goes for the A-10. Short path to get to and out of the fan. I'm not so sure it has anything to do with being 12-blades or being inrunners. Cheater holes tend to be needed for when there is a much longer path from the intake to the front of the fan. High blade count tends to make for the kind of sound that most people want to hear. Inrunners tend to give more grunt to turn high blade count fans.
                  Cheaters holes depend on the design and length of the intake path.

Comment

• ​​​​​​Ahh I see. So it's all about distance to the fan. So I did some further research into your theory and I came upon Bernoulli's principle and how friction in a tube slows down the flow of a fluid.... Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Model jet juggernaut View Post
                      ​​​​​​Ahh I see. So it's all about distance to the fan. So I did some further research into your theory and I came upon Bernoulli's principle and how friction in a tube slows down the flow of a fluid.... Thanks!
                      I’m a retired firefighter and aerodynamics is not all that different from hydrodynamics in the topic we are discussing. The longer the hose run (air tube in this case), the bigger the tube needs to be to get the fluid to a destination with the same ease. Or, you need more places along the way to allow the fluid in, especially as in this case, it’s being “sucked” in. Pumping it follows similar principles. Air and water are both fluids so we can easily call it fluid dynamics.
                      If you compare two similar “short” tube intakes like this business jet and say, the Freewing ME-262, you’ll notice that the 262 motor pods are just long enough that cheater holes are needed. I’m not sure at which length (and diameter), cheater holes are required to get an efficient intake.

Comment

• For those that may be considering going with a military version........

Click image for larger version

Name:	Military scheme.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	333925

Comment

• Originally posted by RcFlyerMike

Not even close. Hobby Eagle don't have mounting holes on the case
                          And you think having mounting holes makes it "not even close"?

Comment

Man just got the Xfly , looks better in person. Sorry Freewing I want a refund
                            The only way you can get the Xfly so soon is if you are an Xfly "insider" or Banana Hobby insider or the like. I think the BH guy on RC Groups was stating that he's was about to get his very soon. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to figure out your IP address and compare that to the IP of the guys on RC Groups to see if you're the BH shill. Go get your refund, if you even actually ordered a Freewing. Ever since you signed up here, you've been confrontational, arrogant and anti-PJ50. Nice little bit of drama you've tried to start. Nobody's buying it.

Comment

I'm hungry, I will be back
                              We'll be waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Neither can I. I'd like to know what upgrades they made from the E51. From the looks of the port labelling, it's almost a copy of the high end HobbyEagle.
                                This just showed up on the RC Castle site:
                                 *** This Item Is Just  Freewing E52 Flight Controller Without Programming Card & Data Cable  ***  

You can also buy this gyro with the programming card. In fact, at the moment, you must have the programming card to be able to do anything with it, so those who order this plane with the gyro, should also consider the programming card if you want to change anything. It should come pre-programmed to fly the PJ50. At this moment, I can't see that it's possible to hook it up to a PC to do what you want to do to it.
                                Having read the specs and owner's manuals for both this E52 Freewing gyro and the old HobbyEagle A3 Super 3, I would hazard to say that the E52 is almost a carbon copy of the A3 S3. They both have the same features and have similar pins IN and OUT. One can be mounted with screws while the other relies upon the traditional double sided sticky cushions. Personally, I've never had an issue with the sticky cushions.
                                Both are within pennies of each other if you buy the complete kit with card. Purchased alone, the HobbyEagle is a few bucks more because it comes with the cable while the E52 doesn't. However, the A3 S3 appears to be discontinued although it can still be bought (remaining stock) if purchased with the card. MotionRC has one left in stock if you only want only the gyro. Not sure what will replace it. Maybe the new "A3 Mini"?

Comment

• Good find. Interesting you need a separate card though... I like that it has two aileron and two elevator inputs.

Comment

Good find. Interesting you need a separate card though... I like that it has two aileron and two elevator inputs.
                                    I wouldn't be surprised if very soon, it'll have a PC configurator just like the HE A3 S3. The HE config tool for PC may even be the same and work on the E52, not that anyone should try it just yet.

Comment

• Just chiming in on early posts,,, this thread,, finally im joining a club.. its on old club, varms.. a glider club ,,mmm.. they have been moved by the local council.. new runway real soon.. starting build jan or feb... anyway point being they are older gents and dont really like powerd craft.... but they r smart enuf to no if they want the club to go forward,, they need accept and embrace change.. . So to the ne sayers on the pj 50 i say hong kong fooi ,, aussie 4 crap... a dragracer can learn from a road racer.. and vice verse u r all doing basically same thing...and hopefully all learning about the hobby.. mickey brc on u tube here in australia has just done unboxing.. not sure how that works since motian eta is march... guess its a shorter plane or ship ride.. from china ...almost lastly i have an old 90 mm fan outa my mig 17,, old rx and esc,, i run dwn my lipos that way... way quicker.. if ya dont get to fly and lastly will post pics,, when runway under construction,,, with the many kangaroos in the backgroun,,,, but will find better thread 4 that cya

Comment

• f4u ausie Well said. Good luck with the new club.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                          not sure how that works since motian eta is march... guess its a shorter plane or ship ride.. from china
                                          My PJ went from Hong Kong via Singapore Post to Singapore. It sat there for a week and just left Singapore yesterday, so it should be over the ocean now. When it gets to Vancouver, it'll probably sit there for another few days waiting for the the customs guys to sniff at it. I should have it in a week or so.
                                          By contrast, the ones bound for MotionRC USA have been in a container on a ship dealing with departure regulations and then arrival regulations and then unloading hassles from port before heading to MRC's warehouse in IL. MotionRC Europe, well, that's another story.
                                          Some of those "older gents" at one of my clubs here used to be the same way (some still are) about things new. Years ago, they hated anything foam, electric and didn't make a huge irritating amount of noise and smoke and stink. Pretty much all of them now have a few electrics and some even got into EDFs. Remember what Lee Iacocca once said, "Lead, follow or get out of the way". Change (and crap) happens! You have a choice.

Comment

Working...
                                          X