Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats XViper and nice flying! Smooth landings….

Would you confirm the throttle setting was mostly mid-throttle after the dirty pass. It sounded like it was.

-GG

Comment

• xviper well done! Come on mid March, or maybe earlier.

Comment

• Nice xviper

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
          xviper outstanding flight, nice touch and go and buttery smooth landing. I have a feeling you'll be flying this one a lot. Looked like you were already more than comfortable with her in just the first flight, imaging what you'll be saying about it after a bunch more! Looks like FW's got another winner!
          Thanks, Hugh. To be honest, that video was the 2nd flight. The 1st one was mostly ground testing, range checking and a short trimming flight. The big HRB came down with 50% still in it. I don't video my "maidens" as I always feel I'm too busy doing stuff to it and in case it's bad luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
            Congrats XViper and nice flying! Smooth landings….

Would you confirm the throttle setting was mostly mid-throttle after the dirty pass. It sounded like it was.

-GG
            Most of the flight could easily be done at mid-throttle. It's needs very little to fly. It's quite thrilling to fly something that big that fast, so I flew it higher throttles just to see and hear it go. The dirty pass was probably closer to 1/3 throttle. My landings with the PJ is a lot smoother than with the AL37 for some reason.

Comment

• Should almost be time to see these come out from MotionRC. I redid my decals from Callie. The first ones I made some errors but it will look pretty cool. Its AVA AIR and Ava is my granddaughter. Each window has a pic of her in it.

Comment

• I think you're still looking at 3 to 4 weeks.

Comment

• xviper would you mind share your transmitter setup with me. I have my rates and slaps all set up on my nx8 but it seems to fly a bit rough with my settings, I would like to compare the two if you don’t mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyboy787 View Post
                    xviper would you mind share your transmitter setup with me. I have my rates and slaps all set up on my nx8 but it seems to fly a bit rough with my settings, I would like to compare the two if you don’t mind.
                    Do you mean my DX9 file? Or pics of my dual rates and expo screens? Please note that I'm running a Spektrum smart RX using AS3X gains ~40%.

Comment

• xviper if you can upload the dx9 file then I can see all the setting that would be great!

Comment

xviper if you can upload the dx9 file then I can see all the setting that would be great!
                        Gotcha. This site won't allow me to upload and .SPM flie. I think the only way to get it to you is to email it as an attachment. PM me your email and I'll do that.

Comment

xviper if you can upload the dx9 file then I can see all the setting that would be great!
                          I found a way. The "other" forum will allow SPM files, so go here to get it:
                          RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• xviper thank you!

Comment

• I want to remind the community that you can "like" posts from fellow members. If you feel there is value in what a member has to say, please click the ''Like" option on the lower right of the said post. This increases those gold bars under their names on the left and is a decent indicator of the quality of posts you can expect from that member. In this case I want to highlight xviper for qualifying as a top member in this community you can trust and rely on. A staple and stalwart of Hobby Squawk from day one.

So enough pomp and circumstance as xviper might say...Onward. As always Happy Landings!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                I want to remind the community that you can "like" posts from fellow members. If you feel there is value in what a member has to say, please click the ''Like" option on the lower right of the said post. This increases those gold bars under their names on the left and is a decent indicator of the quality of posts you can expect from that member. In this case I want to highlight xviper for qualifying as a top member in this community you can trust and rely on. A staple and stalwart of Hobby Squawk from day one.

So enough pomp and circumstance as xviper might say...Onward. As always Happy Landings!
                                I am honored by your accolade. Thank you.

Comment

• I think it's time to get that shipping label printer warmed up .

Comment

• This may sound stupid, but of all the planes I have that I've flown thus far, one of my favs has been the little EF Citation - I'm on my 3rd or 4th one (don't ask...). That said, it only left me wanting for more and when MRC dropped the PJ50, it didn't take too many glasses of Prosecco for me to drop the dimes. I am absolutely stoked for this bird. I will probably send my nephew and my flying buddy in MI one as well once I know they are done crashing them... 😆
                                    AL37 is next as soon as I can figure out the storage sitch...

Comment

• How come everybody's hobby rooms / hangars look like a bomb went off...? 😆😆😆

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        I think it's time to get that shipping label printer warmed up .
                                        I was informed today that they should start shipping the middle of this month...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

I was informed today that they should start shipping the middle of this month...
                                          By .............................. ???

Comment

Working...
                                          X