X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by avanti127 View Post

Thanks I did see those but looking for non-aerosol. I use an airbrush and touchup gun for all my painting... it's thinner/lighter weight... appreciate that though
    Montana cans sell some of their colors in paint markers. The paint can be dispensed from the marker, or you can buy a refill. I have successfully airbrushed their marker paint.

The Montana ACRYLIC PAINT Refills complete the Montana ACRYLIC marker range to offer all 36 matt colors and varnish gloss in the series as 25ml…

The paint pens are actually quite useful for dealing with the little nicks and flakes from hanger rash. I just wish more of the colors were available.

One thing I have found is that the gloss may be different between the pen paint and the aerosol paint. This is easily solved with a clear coat or varnish consistent across the whole plane

Comment

• Does the plastic bit over the cockpit come off easy? Glued? Trying to put some pilots in there.

Comment

• It peels off. Its a thin piece of plastic. Glued on with foam tac.

Comment

• [QUOTE=xwiper;n340354]
          Get lost!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	a045.gif Views:	0 Size:	437 Bytes ID:	340357

Comment

• Looks like xWIPER forgot to Wipe Something since he's full of it! Perfect member for the other forums! If he had any balls, he wouldn't hide behind that avatar.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I have decided to keep a log for the PJ vs estimating the number of flights. After several hours today the PJ is at 63 flights. With this amount of workout and additional experience, I can now offer the following additional to my detailed review in post #309

I am still balanced on the CG marks wheels down.

-I added the 30% expo back to the ailerons. It helps keep the final approach smoother.
              - Short field….Slow down in the pattern a lot and totally kill power on final. She will make the runway….such a floater. If you still have power on when she gets to the runway threshold, you won’t get her down on a short field.
              - This evening in calm wind, I made a full back stick landing….she will fly VERY slow in ground effect.
              - I did get her to do a classic spin. She takes a turn or two to lock into the spin.
              - Flying mostly at 75% power for 3:30 then 50% for 1:00 with some full power acro and speed runs consumed 3900 to 4700 mAh. Flying at 50% with mixed throttle consumes only 3000 mAh or less.
              - Touch down HOT and she can crow hop. She only did it once when I went to sleep on the controls. Best not to touch down hot.
              -Still no signs of stress cracks in the wing. NICE!
              I have not found ANY gotcha envelop coffin corners. She’s an honest bird….and FAST!

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                Does the plastic bit over the cockpit come off easy? Glued? Trying to put some pilots in there.
                Yes, not different than any other Freewing model... not hard to do.

Comment

• Flew my PJ yesterday morning and the flights were just like maiden day - beautiful flights, fast, powerful, solid, picture perfect take off and near perfect landings (I'm still getting used to it) and thrust reverse is fantastic - everyone hears it and looks.
                  Here's a picture of my wing connectors done up so there's only 3 things to hook up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4061.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	340381

Comment

• A slightly different angle:

Name:	IMG_4067.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	340385

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                      - I did get her to do a classic spin. She takes a turn or two to lock into the spin.
                      Would *love* to see some video of this!

(And thank you for your detailed flight reviews!)

Comment

• 6s 5000mah bettery all the way forward and the aircraft is a hair tail heavy still. Worst part is I cannot strap it down. What have you done to balace your aircraft out?

Comment

6s 5000mah bettery all the way forward and the aircraft is a hair tail heavy still. Worst part is I cannot strap it down. What have you done to balace your aircraft out?
                          A friend of mine uses the SMC 6200mah battery, weight 814 gr, place in the middle and gets well over 10 minutes, so that's another option instead of adding any lead weights in the nose. If you need nose weight, might as well add some extra weight in a battery instead of useless lead.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

6s 5000mah bettery all the way forward and the aircraft is a hair tail heavy still. Worst part is I cannot strap it down. What have you done to balace your aircraft out?
                            I use both 5000mah and 6000mah. Both weigh in the ~800g range (ChinaHobbyLine 5.0 and HRB 6.0) Either of those fits in the standard location where the strap is. If you're having to push it all the way forward, you'll need to move the battery strap or make a new battery tray. Can't understand why yours is so tail heavy. Are you using the molded CG line?

Comment

The Admiral Pro 6000 mounted about 1/2 inch ahead of the MCBE puts it on the CG mark with wheels down and right side up.

Sorry Ridgerunner, flying solo makes video taking too challenging. I don’t have a hat-mounted camera. The spin does take high-rate and she really hesitates going into the spin. But, if you keep full rudder, elevator and aileron in, she eventually will spin. Recovery is instantaneous when controls are put to neutral.

-GG

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220320_111945.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	340423 I really dont want to buy another battery. I am useing the molded marks.

Comment

• I was going to do a repaint but the factory finish was great and it was White already, so I just made a few changes to make it "mine" and added a
                                  couple of decals, pilots and a few coats of minwax to put a gloss on. Just waiting on the weather to cooperate so I can Maiden.

Name:	IMG_20220320_113940095.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	340430Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0814.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	340426Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0811.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	340427Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0815.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	340428
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Name:	20220320_111945.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	340423 I really dont want to buy another battery. I am useing the molded marks.
                                    What is your battery weight. Just doesn’t look right.
                                    Shouldn’t need that. IMHO
                                    -GG

Comment

• The battery is only 695g. If others are in the 800g weight that explains it.

Comment

The battery is only 695g. If others are in the 800g weight that explains it.
                                        Admiral Pro 6000 =
                                        846g / 29.84oz

Comment

The battery is only 695g. If others are in the 800g weight that explains it.
                                          I think that's it. You're about 150g shy of the usual battery. I know that SMCs are light for their mah size, as are Spektrum smart LiPos. If you don't wish to buy new batteries, keep it as far forward as you, make a new strap location and add a bit of lead to the nose as far into the front compartment as possible. If you use a lump of lead placed up against the front bulkhead, beside the battery, it shouldn't take that much weight to do it. (150g of battery weight is spread throughout the battery. A single lead lump is concentrated. Stick it up there with a dab of hot glue. You can easily pull it off later if you get heavier batteries. Or velcro it to the front of the battery.)

Comment

Working...
                                          X