Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	1CF50BB0-CC19-4BDD-A9C5-A030640DCEAC.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	28.5 KB ID:	340442 FYI….
    After a couple of Tip-Overs being too aggressive on the rudder on roll out and/or crosswind gusts, here is where you need to apply some anti-scrape material.

Take it forward vs just from the middle to the rear. Middle to the rear takes care of about 95% of the scrapes, but if she ever tips way up…it’ll scrape all the way forward.

Might as well take care of the middle to forward area while you are at it.

-GG

Comment

• Balanced, I put 2.25 oz of lead between the two seats in the cockpit. Battery all the way forward. I will use velcro to help keep it in place. Its ready to fly.

Comment

• She is smaller than the AL37. Now to get them both into the car at the same time.
        Attached Files

Comment

• I ran into these two droids while on my travels. Pilots.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
            hahaha, him and foamKrasher (who joined conveniently a month ago) are probably more Mikey68 accounts
            I don't about Mikey but both xWiper (banned now) and foamKrasher (from RCG) are one in the same. "Pitts" is NONE of the aforementioned. I think Pitts is just another older fellow who gets confused a fair bit. But like EvanD said, I'll cut him some slack (due to his "condition").

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
            Looks like xWIPER forgot to Wipe Something since he's full of it! Perfect member for the other forums! If he had any balls, he wouldn't hide behind that avatar.
            Thanks for the back up, Hugh. There are many of that kind at RCG and most of them are ignored as they have some serious mental health issues. In my last career, I've seen them in real life and now I see them all over the internet. That's life.

Comment

• Man I'm a good hugger too...

Comment

• Storage and Transportation taken care of...

Comment

• Originally posted by franknitti View Post
                  Storage and Transportation taken care of...
                  When you fly can you get a photo of that contraption without the aircraft in it. Would love to see it so I can make one and build one for the AL37.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post

When you fly can you get a photo of that contraption without the aircraft in it. Would love to see it so I can make one and build one for the AL37.
                    Here's the one I made for my AL37, I'll take a photo of just the storage \ transport carrier this evening, I will PM to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                      Man I'm a good hugger too...
                      Right James?!?.. Everyone needs a good hug now and then!
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Franknitti, You should design sailplane trailers!

Nice work.

-GG

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A778B9B-B09B-48E7-9C33-D1F098A013ED.jpeg
Views:	506
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	340672

Comment

• This is a beautiful business jet based on the GS 550. I'm here to share my experience with it. Hope this could help with some of you out there still looking into buying one of these. Or those of you who already ordered one but haven't put it together.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 17-35-43 Photo - Google Photos.png Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	340699

List of electronics onboard:
                          RX: Spektrum AR8360T SAFE&AS3X receiver.
                          Steering Gyro: Assan AG61 steering gyro.
                          An additional Freewing LED control box. (For separate wing root landing light control.)

Assemble:
                          It will take you roughly 1.5-2 hours to put everything together. Unlike some previous Freewing/Flightline products. The PJ50 came with all the control linkages preinstalled. I only needed to do some minor adjustments to the elevator. Being such a large model, another person's help could come in handy.
                          The fuselage, however, will need to be glued together. My advice is, after applying glue, leave it standing on its nose for over 24 hours.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 17-38-36 飞翼 双70涵道 PJ-50T 私人飞机 涵道机 航模_哔哩哔哩_bilibili.png Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	340700

Minor modifications:
                          1. I moved the control box afterward, to accommodate the AR8360T receiver. If you do this, it will be harder to reach the cable connected to the control box. I'm transporting this jet without disassembling it. So I don't have to worry about disconnecting cables every time. For easier disconnecting cables. I've recommended the manufacturer relocate the control box right underneath the wing. (I drive a 2015 Audi Q7. For those of you wonder if it gonna fit inside your car)
                          2. The nose suspension feels too stiff on mine. I cut off 3-4 coils of the stock spring. And added another softer piece of the same length in it.
                          3. Moved the Rudder link 2 holes inside on the servo arm. The recommended travel for the rudder is too much for my liking. And it is also dangerous during the landing phase. I will talk about this in the flying section of this post.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 16-48-23 Photo - Google Photos.png Views:	0 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	340695Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 16-27-26 飞翼 双70涵道 PJ-50T 私人飞机 涵道机 航模_哔哩哔哩_bilibili.png Views:	0 Size:	759.3 KB ID:	340696Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 16-48-08 Photo - Google Photos.png Views:	0 Size:	279.4 KB ID:	340697

Radio setting:
                          Aileron: 100% L/R with manual travel. 23mm L/R. 20% expo
                          Elevator: 100% up/down with manual travel. 24mm up/down. 20% expo
                          Rudder: 115% L/R with the 3rd hole on the servo arm. 27mm L/R (So you have a decent taxi turning radius and not too much rudder). 30% expo
                          Flap: Setup per manual. 15mm half, 29mm full.

CG.
                          The factory mark underneath the wing feels just right. I fly with an SMC 8100mah Lipo. Weights 910g.

Flying:
                          Cruise around: This jet is a really efficient flyer. It will fly around with about 50% throttle. Plenty of power. A 6000mah battery should last more than 4m30s for any style of flying.
                          Taking off: The wing load is around 110g/dm^2. That means it gets up in the air pretty quick. Took about 80-100ft on our geotextile runway with full throttle and half flap.
                          Aerobatics: The airframe will handle any mild aerobatics just fine. Loops, rolls, inverted.
                          Landing: I've landed it smoothly in 10-15mph of crosswind (35-45 degrees down the runway). It handles the wind just fine. Also, half flap works better for landing. The full flap feels too draggy for me. U will need to carry a good amount of throttle if you wish to land smoothly with full flap. The strange part is, when landing with a higher AOA, this jet doesn't like rudder at all. Just a little rudder will swing/bank the wing around for you. So I lowered the rudder surface travel to 27mm. And dialed in 30% expo.
                          Maiden flights:

Other things to watch out for:
                          There is a piece of screw right next to your nose gear, steering servo, and nose light cables. Over time it could damage the wire. I wrap the screw with a piece of thick tape.
                          2. The LED between two main wheels has exposed wires on mine. It could be a problem if you fly this jet in some confined Area. For example, our runway does not drain very well. And it gets all muddy after the rain. Those exposed wires are not gonna do well with some sodium and water. I wrapped the exposed wire with electrical tape. Then sealed it with some foam glue.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 17-28-44 Photo - Google Photos.png Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	340692Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 17-27-36 Photo - Google Photos.png Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	340701
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Here is a sketch of what I mean by relocating the control box/blue box. Instead of facing upward and all the way front in the battery area. Move it back to where the wing sits. And facing downward. This will make connecting/disconnecting wings and those wires much easier.

When you try to disassemble the wing. You are most likely gonna have the plane inverted on a stand. By moving the blue box here. You will have access to all the connections when you pull the wing off.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 19-05-34 Photo - Google Photos.png Views:	0 Size:	547.9 KB ID:	340707

Comment

• Hi Enzo,
                              Thanks for the write-up.

I would suggest if you find the rudder overly sensitive, move the pushrod to the outer hole on the horn. When the pushrod connection is on the hole nearest the rudder (inner hole), the servo will move the control surface the maximum amount.

Connecting the push rod to the outer hole of the horn….the servo moves the control surface a lesser amount.

The above assumes you leave the pushrod connected to the same hole on the servo horn.

The least possible movement is attained with a pushrod connected to the servo horn’s inner hole while connected to the control horn’s outer hole.

Don’t believe me? Experiment. The theory is based on the arc radius from the pivot point….which is the base of the control horn or the center set screw of the servo horn.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                                Hi Enzo,
                                Thanks for the write-up.

I would suggest if you find the rudder overly sensitive, move the pushrod to the outer hole on the horn. When the pushrod connection is on the hole nearest the rudder (inner hole), the servo will move the control surface the maximum amount.

Connecting the push rod to the outer hole of the horn….the servo moves the control surface a lesser amount.

The above assumes you leave the pushrod connected to the same hole on the servo horn.

The least possible movement is attained with a pushrod connected to the servo horn’s inner hole while connected to the control horn’s outer hole.

Don’t believe me? Experiment. The theory is based on the arc radius from the pivot point….which is the base of the control horn or the center set screw of the servo horn.

-GG
                                Thanks for the explanation. But Yah, I was talking about the servo arm. You can see the photo attached was the servo arm, instead of the rudder control horn.
                                I edited the post if it was causing confusion.
                                And the rudder control horn already came with the linkage attached to the outermost hole. So I didn't bother changing it at all.

Comment

• Merged the message up. IDK how to delete a reply, and it requires text. LOL. So here is another thing I always do when adjusting surface travels.

Prioritizing the radio travel range near 100% is the goal. Too low from 100% you lose all the resolutions of the servo. Too high from 100% you over load the servo. My preferred range on the radio, to achieve the physical travel I want, is from 85% to 115%.

And if you have too much travel. Always move the linkage to inner holes on the servo arm first. This will put less pressure/torque on the servo. Thus longer service time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Just an idea, as I also used to discharge batts occasionally with a twin EDF, but then RudyD54 turned me onto the ISDT 200W Discharger. Takes about 15 minutes to discharge a 6200mah 6S fully charged to 3.84 volts per cell, or whatever you set it to discharge to. It can hook up to your phone and control it from there or just by hitting a couple buttons on the unit itself. Discharges 2S-6S up to 25A/200W, or again whatever you set it to do. Comes with a fan and saves me tons of time if I don't discharge a battery to a low enough storage value during flying or sometimes have to leave with a fully charged battery (yes, that's sacrilegious). It doesn't balance discharge but you set the level you want to discharge to, then at home I put the batts on my charger to balance storage charge to 3.85 V per cell. Can get it at multiple outlets for about $79. I can charge up to 8 6S batts with my current set-up, but unfortunately the discharge function I have is lame at .5Amps and just about the time "hell freezes over" is when it's finally done! Was thinking about getting a 2nd one but so far one has been sufficient.

Now I can't discharge 10 in 20 min like you do with the Mig, but I'll discharge some at the field while packing up, put some on in the truck on the way home so by the time I home, I'm done. Also didn't like putting "extra hours" on any of the EDF's or ESC's.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211211_172043.jpg Views:	425 Size:	268.1 KB ID:	332310
                                    Thanks for the discharger info, Hugh. I wonder if I can discharge two or more same capacity 6s Lipos in a parallel circuit? Assuming all of them are left on the same voltage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo_K View Post

Thanks for the discharger info, Hugh. I wonder if I can discharge two or more same capacity 6s Lipos in a parallel circuit? Assuming all of them are left on the same voltage.
                                      Not sure about that, but it makes sense that you could. On the other hand, the discharge amperage is still the same and I suspect you wouldn't save any time by doing that. If you discharge say a 6S 6200 mah, takes about 15 minutes or less. Hooking them up in parallel, now your discharging in effect a 6S 12,400 mah equivalent battery which would take like 30 minutes. I could be wrong, as I'm no electrical genius, but that's just what I'm thinking. Anyway, for me, this is a big time saver as I can discharge any batteries I didn't use at the field in my car on the way home. I've noticed that, although it is not a "balance" discharger, all 6 cells are still fairly close and then at home, I finish them off with a balanced storage charge.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Not sure about that, but it makes sense that you could. On the other hand, the discharge amperage is still the same and I suspect you wouldn't save any time by doing that. If you discharge say a 6S 6200 mah, takes about 15 minutes or less. Hooking them up in parallel, now your discharging in effect a 6S 12,400 mah equivalent battery which would take like 30 minutes. I could be wrong, as I'm no electrical genius, but that's just what I'm thinking. Anyway, for me, this is a big time saver as I can discharge any batteries I didn't use at the field in my car on the way home. I've noticed that, although it is not a "balance" discharger, all 6 cells are still fairly close and then at home, I finish them off with a balanced storage charge.
                                        I will give it a try once the discharger I ordered arrives. My idea is to have 2 dischargers unloading 4 packs. If I remember the parallel circuit correctly (man that was a long time ago, 5th grade? 11 or 12 years old), then yes it will take 30m to unload 2 of them 6s 6000 packs. I'm not concerned about the unbalanced discharge. Coz that's how the ESC discharge the battery. However, an unbalanced charge could be dangerous. That's why I said assuming they are left on the same voltage. Otherwise, the higher voltage batt will charge the lower voltage batt in a parallel circuit.

BTW Hugh, unloading batteries inside your truck could be dangerous. Especially when you are on the road. One of our club members had a 5000 5S, for his pattern plane, went off in the car. Lucky he tossed it out ASAP. But the toxic smoke stuck to the car for a while.

Now, while driving, I always keep batteries where they can be easily accessed. His words "if one goes off, toss it in someone else car! It's their problem now!" lol 😂

Comment

Hooking them up in parallel, now your discharging in effect a 6S 12,400 mah equivalent battery which would take like 30 minutes.
                                          I believe this is the correct statement. Consider putting two parallel batteries of the same size, C rating into a plane. Except for having to carry the extra weight, that plane should run for twice as long at the same throttle setting. If all you did was to run the throttle on the ground at mid-throttle (with some wind going into the intakes, it should run twice as long with two batteries as it did with one since the weight doesn't come into play when it just sits there. I guess you could do the same comparison when flying it although maintaining the exact same throttle for both flights and coming down with the exact same % left is difficult. Install two bats, but only hook up one, go fly. Next flight, replace the depleted battery, but now hook them both up and go fly. You'll likely double the flight time.

Comment

Working...
                                          X