Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per James, they are in transit within the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
      It appears that the PJ50 Main tires are the same exact wheel as the Freewing Avanti 80mm EDF jet Nose tire, which are about 65mm in diameter. On the spare parts page of the PJ50 product page on Motion RC's website, the Main tires of the PJ50 is listed as using the Avanti 70mm diameter Main tires, which appears to be incorrect (hopefully this helps them identify the problem and fix it easily on their website).
      I stand corrected. I was messing about with the tires (see below) on the PJ this morning and once the gear was dropped, I could put the calipers completely around the tire. They are 70mm diameter, so the parts description is correct.

An idea put forth by "mshagg" about the Eflite Viper tires with their ball bearing centers got me thinking about trying to mitigate the "roller skate" noise of the stock wheels. Fixes like using oil or grease on the axles are only temporary. The Viper wheels are also 70mm but are slightly wider. This makes it impossible to apply the "C" clip onto the axle to hold the wheels on. A new, slightly longer axle need to be machined to deal with this. For the time being, I'll live with the "squeaky" wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I stand corrected. I was messing about with the tires (see below) on the PJ this morning and once the gear was dropped, I could put the calipers completely around the tire. They are 70mm diameter, so the parts description is correct.
        Thanks for confirming!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          By .............................. ???
          MRC inquiry I made regarding my December order...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

MRC inquiry I made regarding my December order...
            Thanks. As it turns out, James also gave an update on his "live" YouTube video yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Thanks for confirming!
              so when you get pissed at it, you can take the tires and jam them up the nacelles...? 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

I was informed today that they should start shipping the middle of this month...
                The first batch is due to be delivered to Motion RC tomorrow. Assuming the driver arrives early enough, we will start shipping tomorrow. The first batch will allow us to fill all the pre-orders and we will have some left over for open stock. More are on the way after this but I don't have an exact ETA just yet.

Comment

• Awesome, Thanks Tom!

Comment

• Thanks for the update Tom!!

Comment

• Are spare parts coming in with this batch?

Comment

• Keeping us up to date in a professional polite manner is why my hobby dollars go to Motion. Thanks Tom!

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                          Are spare parts coming in with this batch?
                          Spare parts are in a different container arriving about a week after the the plane. Once that arrives, it will take us about a week to put all the parts away so I'd expect to see the PJ50 spare parts online (and in stock) in about 2 weeks.

Comment

• Such good news. Sound system ✔️, Callie Graphics Coast Guard ✔️, paint ✔️, lighting ✔️, plus a couple other necessary items. Gonna be cool 😎.

Comment

• Tomorrow is the day of arrival. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220309-113105_Chrome.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	339408Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220309-113123_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	339409

Comment

• Mine too!

Comment

• I'm jealous. Mine is scheduled for Saturday, but given it's FedEx, I probably won't see it until Monday.

FedEx has been terrible here recently.

Comment

• Mine is due Friday but we'll see.... lol

Comment

• Mine showing Friday as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                        I'm jealous. Mine is scheduled for Saturday, but given it's FedEx, I probably won't see it until Monday.

FedEx has been terrible here recently.
                                        ...and it is already showing as delayed. I really really hate FedEx. Consistently delayed regardless of weather.

Comment

• All these delivery companies are still using Covid as excuses for delays, such BS!

Comment

Working...
                                          X