Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For years, so many people post up, "Will this plane fly off grass?" Whining and yipping and crying about having wheels that will not get swallowed by grass or struts that won't bend or snap off when landing on grass. So, little by little, Freewing/Motion starts making their (yes, that right, it's spelled "their", not "there") planes so as to appease all who demanded good grass ops. That meant bigger wheels, unscale like gear and trailing links. So, we get this and now, people are coming on to say they want more scale looking gear and a more scale stance. Insofar as one plane standing taller than the other, quite frankly, with the available pictures of the X-Fly effort, it's really hard to say one stands taller than the other. And those "gawd awful wheels"? Again with what's been shown for the X-Fly, I can't tell them apart. But I suppose if you just had to have something to bitch about, you can see the difference. For me, it's not going to be this kind of strut or that kind of wheel or how it looks sitting still on the ground. The general package and pricing, the history of the manufacturer, plus other factors will make it or break it for me. I'm excited for both offerings.

Comment

Unlike the majority here on "The Squawk", I am not into military jets. When I heard the news that the latest offering was to be from Freewing, I thought - "Oh no, here comes another military jet." I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to find out that no - its a sleek and sexy commercial business jet. Far out!

and... Pre-ordered!

Comment

Well I guess if you want perfect scale, from a foamie, your in trouble. To make these things do what we need them to do and for a large number of peeps, They had to mod some things. It is a business after all that is trying to appease a large market of people. I am sure we will see a side by side at some point. I am just glad we something new, different, good size, and nice looking. And for that, I thank you.

Comment

The way I see it if you see something you don't like, then it is up to you as a modeler to correct it to your own personal satisfaction. Either buy it and make the mods you want or don't. ​​

As no one has actually seen one, the other "issues" raised are merely theoretical and speculation is just a form of masturbation.

If you are concerned, then don't preorder and either ask James or those that got evaluation models questions and you will get answers, or wait for the actual owners reports and don't pollute the thread with BS trolling and hand wringing.

Comment

I am definitely interested in this one.
            Thank you Motion rc.
            As to people commenting, both positive or negative, isn't this the place to do it, its really best for everyone involved.
            Issues people find help providers make better products, if all they are allowed to receive are positive remarks products wont get better.
            Don't take other peoples comments personnel.
            Comments about the landing gear and wheels are of no concern to me, ( I do fly off of grass about seventy five percent of the time), however- if it it is true the fuse is flexing that's very important and should be addressed by Freewing before its offered for sale.
            I'm going to wait on the release of the xfly version as well.
            I like all of my Freewing purchases, but choices are nice to have.
            What I've read about xfly seems positive as well.
            Anyone have a confirmed price on the xfly version?
            I've read 500.00 and change. Is that 500. 99 or 599.00 or somewhere in between?
            One hundred dollars or near that will definitely have to be taken in consideration .
            I really like that coast guard scheme shown earlier, it seems Callie will be ready when I want one.

Comment

A person said $560 at Banana. I would assume Bitgo would be the same. My question at both sites is shipping. They currently have free shipping but say it's for a limited time. Motion has always had free shipping.

Comment

Comment

• Elbee
                  Elbee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  XV, similarly, you've made your point. Thank you. Self-delete at your pleasure. Best, LB

Originally posted by ISeeU

Ok Karen Biden
                Why are you here then. You work for for Xfly? You just came here to talk trash but not offer any suggestions for improvement. There cant be to much since the aircraft are not in the publics hands. Ok you don't like the gear set. Does anyone even have either of these aircraft yet?? Other than the few test pilots. I will not speak for Xfly but freewing has made an aircraft for the majority not the minority. Thats OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehoker View Post
                  As to people commenting, both positive or negative, isn't this the place to do it, its really best for everyone involved.
                  Issues people find help providers make better products, if all they are allowed to receive are positive remarks products wont get better.
                  Don't take other peoples comments personnel.
                  Judging from the number of "likes" on that post of mine, quite a few people understood what I was saying. However, for those who didn't get it, I'll explain...........

I have no issue with those who have an opinion or have criticism (constructive or otherwise). As you say, it's good for the betterment of the hobby. However, some poststhat arrive here and on other sites are FANBOI motivated and hence lead to HATER motivation. It's not unlike the "I love Chevy" and "I hate Ford" fanboi/hater rivalry. There's no rhyme or reason for it and just leads to unpleasantries and condescending declarations. It's "GOON" commentary. Looking at the X-Fly Facebook page's reference on their new BizJet, we see the same thing. Fanbois for X-Fly and haters for X-Fly. It just negatively adds to the already too tragic and oft-times too ignorant world we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                    Ok you don't like the gear set.
                    X-Fly has a close up of their main struts now and guess what? They are also TRAILING LINKS. And those nose wheels? Virtually identical. And those main wheels? One is no uglier or better looking than the other. (If you hate Victoria Secret, then ALL their models are ugly. )

Comment

Just back from a great day of flying the PJ. Did numerous flights just touching and going and what a doll at slow speeds. Keep your eyes posted for the video. I'll share here when its ready. Probably tomorrow

Comment

I just had a sick idea. Epstein air. Put people like bill clinton in the windows. Oh man that would a controversial aircraft.
                        My daught says its to far.

Comment

James Looking forward to seeing more. Thanks.

Both companies have put a lot of effort into bringing a nice sized bizjet to us. Both companies are going to have to split the market share. Both offerings have their plusses and minuses.

Ultimately the competition will drive both companies to bring better products to market. We reap the benefit.

I spent my money where I wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            X-Fly has a close up of their main struts now and guess what? They are also TRAILING LINKS. And those nose wheels? Virtually identical. And those main wheels? One is no uglier or better looking than the other. (If you hate Victoria Secret, then ALL their models are ugly. )
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by ISeeU

Nope Xkaren. There scale gear and no the wheels aren't the same .
                              USeeNothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                James Looking forward to seeing more. Thanks.

Both companies have put a lot of effort into bringing a nice sized bizjet to us. Both companies are going to have to split the market share. Both offerings have their plusses and minuses.

Ultimately the competition will drive both companies to bring better products to market. We reap the benefit.

I spent my money where I wanted to.
                                I'm hoping it starts a pricing war!

Comment

Perfect! AL37 too big. I am waiting on a check to clear and I'm ordering. So beautiful! Always wanted my own private jet! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post

Why are you here then. You work for for Xfly? You just came here to talk trash
                                    You may be right about him. Maybe not actually work for X-Fly but a shill of some kind:

Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Great sleuthing, Sir.

Originally posted by James View Post
                                    Just back from a great day of flying the PJ. Did numerous flights just touching and going and what a doll at slow speeds. Keep your eyes posted for the video. I'll share here when its ready. Probably tomorrow
                                    Excellent. Looking forward to more eye candy

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                      It feels like poor form to talk about another manufacturers product here, so I won't, but suffice to say, freewing will always be the 'known quantity'. They know how to make a plane fly 'right' acoess the full flight envelope (ever had a bad one?) and have been developing the PJ50 for longer than some of its competitors have been in the market.
                                      ​​​​​
                                      Not to say they can't be beat, but IMO pretty brave move trashing FW given their track record.

Comment

Working...
                                      X