Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that the FW has better engineering but I do like the X battery tray and struts. While some are saying the X looks better I don't see it. That the FW is painted and has the chrome inlet rings is all I need to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      I agree that the FW has better engineering but I do like the X battery tray and struts. While some are saying the X looks better I don't see it. That the FW is painted and has the chrome inlet rings is all I need to see.
      I agree! This is all I need to see!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Will the striping on the aircraft come off easy with acetone as to not have to repaint the aircraft to apply new decals?

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
          Will the striping on the aircraft come off easy with acetone as to not have to repaint the aircraft to apply new decals?
          My experience is that no matter how careful, there will be some peeling. Hopefully it will be easy to match the white base color

I would be wary of using acetone as it could easily remove the paint and not just loosen the decal

Comment

• On my al37 i was able to remove the factory decal on the tail without removing the paint. If the PJ is the same this may work. If not I will leave it. Thinking about making it in the Honeywell livery. Just dont want to repaint the aircraft.

Comment

• Has anyone from Motion RC / FW addressed the tail flex seen during landing in some of the videos? I'm curious to know if additional spars are recommended during build before we all get our hands on them.

Comment

• No and wouldn't expect them to.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJim View Post
                  Has anyone from Motion RC / FW addressed the tail flex seen during landing in some of the videos? I'm curious to know if additional spars are recommended during build before we all get our hands on them.
                  This is one of the things each of us should evaluate and address with every model we buy. If something doesn't look right or you feel needs a bit extra, do it. It is the thing we modellers do

If you are concerned, add the support. Doing so won't hurt anything. Personally, I always add support or bracing when gluing fuselage halves together regardless of whether I see flex in the videos or not. I prefer the extra strength. Others might not do so because they prefer to keep things light.

Comment

• Originally posted by RcFlyerMike
                    I cancelled the Freewing one as BH told me Xfly was better.
                    Im not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.

Out of curiosity, on what basis was this claim made? I am not aware of anyone in a position with both models that can make an objective comparison. If there is, I would be interested in seeing it.

Comment

I cancelled the Freewing one as BH told me Xfly was better.
                      Need data…..
                      1) Who is BH? Expertise of BH?
                      2) Customer support comparison?
                      3) Material / design limit strength comparison?
                      4) Handling comparison? Any quirky habits?
                      5) Flight time comparison?
                      6) Max speed comparison?
                      7) Durability comparison?
                      8) Historic spare parts availability comparison?
                      9) Cost of spare parts comparison?
                      10) Empty weight comparison?
                      11) Thrust comparison?
                      12) Quality of workmanship comparison by a 3rd non-affiliated party?
                      13) How well does the airframe/wings withstand lots of flying….including acrobatics comparison?
                      14) Reliability of electronics comparison?
                      15) Historic long-term support of a given design before obsoleting it comparison?
                      16) MTBF analysis for the system comparison?

Blanket statements demand data. I am all for valid comparisons…competition can drive improvements.

BTW….keeping my MRC bird on order based on real life experience with multiple MRC (other) birds and customer support and perceived value. And….no I am not affiliated with MRC/FW/FL or any subsidiary.

I am not suggesting all of the above will ever be evaluated, but many will be. Wouldn’t a basic head-to-head fly-off be an interesting comparison? Maybe throw in some objective design comparison observations, too.

-GG

Comment

• BH = Banana Hobby. Go Google Banana Hobby customer reviews. It'll be an eye opener. I've been dealing with BH for years but only from time to time. I've bought a few planes from them and NONE have been what I would call outstanding. In fact, on the most part, all the products I've purchased from them have ranged from barely acceptable to outright garbage. I can't speak for the X-Fly product as it is still something very new. To believe them when they say something is good or better and to make a decision purely based on that statement, is akin to being a babe in the woods. Even the reviewers they send free samples to, cannot be believed entirely as they've been compensated for pitching the product. To say that "BH told me .................................." could make a good line for Saturday Night Live. I so wish I could insert a laugh track into a forum post.
                        Having joined only this month and only on the 4th post, I find the motivation behind his post to be .................................. dubious!

Comment

• XViper…

Are you hinting that there could be a shill in the air? It is wintertime, and the weather can be shilly.

-GG

Comment

• Hint? (Wink, wink, nod, nod!!). Banana Hobby must be some kinda desperate to send people to post bomb a competitor’s product …………… multiple times no less. They must be hiding behind glass. You can see right through ‘em. Pitiful.

Comment

• Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Originally posted by RcFlyerMike
                              Just kidding. Dam xviper. Chill out. BH is a different company. All new people running it. I bought the Xfly A-10 and got it in one day. And it's awesome. The power from those 50m fans and how well the fans are balanced are amazing

Comment

Just kidding. Dam xviper. Chill out. BH is a different company. All new people running it. I bought the Xfly A-10 and got it in one day. And it's awesome. The power from those 50m fans and how well the fans are balanced are amazing
                                I see you've edited out that post of yours so no evidence remains as to the tone of it. I see now the BH can stand for Bitgo Hobby as well. A few smiles or emojis would have got your sarcasm through better, because it didn't work the first time. You gotta work on your online "just kidding" routine. Since Banana has already done what you did (sarcastically as it seems now), I didn't put it past them to do it again. (I hate shills. It's the worst case scenario of a fanboi. If someone acted like that on the X-Fly thread on the other forum, I'd react the same way.) As for Bitgo, well, time and Google customer reviews will tell the tale with that one. Bitgo has been the other source for Dynam parts for about a couple of years now and so far, from the experience of the locals here, NOT an encouraging sign. But we'll see.
                                "Chill out?" It's going down to -32C at night. How chill do you want?

Comment

• From Biden to free healthcare to ordering both the X and FW I'm not sure any of his posts have been factual...

Comment

From Biden to free healthcare to ordering both the X and FW I'm not sure any of his posts have been factual...
                                    Hard to say. If I had a bigger money tree and an extra room in my house, I might order both, just to see for myself who's been feeding us BS and who's going to be eating crow (not the good airplane kind).

Comment

• I don't think many will admit it if one is worse than the other... I think both will be good and both will have things that could be improved.

Comment

• I just noticed today that the PJ50 can now be had in two versions. The newer addition has the latest Freewing gyro built-in for another 23 bucks. It's not even listed as a separate item yet but I suspect when it does come into market, it'll be in the 35 - 40 dollar range. The X-Fly is only offered with their own gyro. I noticed that in the MotionRC promo pictures and videos, the PJ had a HobbyEagle installed. It looks like the very basic one. The new Freewing E52 gyro appears to be a fancier version of their existing 3-axis gyro (E-51). The E51 is a basic, no frills gyro that works well. I've got it in my OV-10 and it handles the tail waggle very well. I can't tell if it's a 3-axis or 6-axis gyro but it has a similar configuration as the higher end HobbyEagle that allows for some addition wing types.
                                        I'll be getting the standard PNP PJ and add my own HobbyEagle basic gyro (maybe ).
                                        I kinda wonder why Freewing decided to add a gyro version. Was it to resolve a flight issue or to introduce a new gyro? I know my AL-37 had a pronounced wing rock and tail waggle when banking into a cross wind. The HobbyEagle fixed that. Do these BizJets suffer the same characteristic?

Comment

I don't think many will admit it if one is worse than the other... I think both will be good and both will have things that could be improved.
                                          Very true. I too, think both will be excellent products no matter what the scale police thinks of one or the other. However, it would be more convincing if the same person had both when saying good or bad about either when it boils down to flight characteristics and performance (and anything "scale" as those are more personal biases).

Comment

Working...
                                          X