Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is set for Tuesday. And we have a contest on Tuesday. Job interview on Monday. The week could start out a great week.

Comment

• Got mine today! Woo hoo! (Northern VA)

Comment

• She’s HERE! Beautifully executed kit and packaging! My hat is off to the designers and those who did all the pre-assembly + decals! The finish is VERY nice.

Easy final assembly! Got it all done except for the piddling stuff(antennae, pitot tubes, etc.). I will maiden it tomorrow…light winds forecast. I did need to cut off the elevator pushrods a few mm to keep from having to add a lot of trim. I could not screw the ball link in enough without poking the pushrod thru to the ball area.No big deal.

Admiral Pro 6000 not quite all the way forward = perfect CG per the book location. Not gonna be able to move the battery back any more the way I mounted the RX. So if she’s nose heavy, I will add weight to the tail.

Added small RF chokes back in the tail on the rudder and elevator wires. One large one was clipped around all the wires going forward from the ESCs (as close to the ESCs as possible) and added a small choke by the green ferrite ring up by the receiver. Added 4 chokes total.

Will paint overall with UV protectant water base paint once I am done playing tomorrow.

-GG

Added note: So I have read, the motor side of the ESCs has less RF noise output. Therefore, I did not add chokes on the motor wires. You may add them, if you want to….can’t hurt. Always place the ESC choke(s) as close as possible to the ESCs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	672825F6-F0E2-4CE3-B74A-32EE15B53AC9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	339747

Comment

• Going to pick mine up now from FEDEX! Can't wait to here their excuse in person....

Comment

• Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by avanti127 View Post
              Going to pick mine up now from FEDEX! Can't wait to here their excuse in person....
              "Couldn't find your house."

Comment

• The maiden went well. Took 4 clicks of right aileron trim and 3 down elevator clicks. Darn good.

I do recommend some expo on the aileron…a bit too sensitive otherwise. I found this to be the case for the AL-37, too. No mix was needed for flap/elevator.

Keep it close when you are in the same quadrant as the sun. Soooo hard to see. Needs some dark coloration like the AL-37 to help fix this.

Very pleased! Now back to flying.

-GG

Comment

• To be honest the manager at the local depot told me he is going to ask why the driver is doing this but offered to bring it to me today at 3:30pm as he lives only 2 miles from me... They did screw it up though because it was supposed to be held at the station for my pickup. I get there and it was never taken off the truck for me. Wasting 1/4 tank of gas to and from...at least he is stepping up to deliver in person. Nice Guy!

Comment

• As a long time pessimist when dealing with USPS, UPS and FedX I say he's not a nice guy until he does what he say's he'll do.

That said my normal mail lady is super efficient (though most of my USPS issues have nothing to do with her) and my FedX guy(s) and girl have been great. UPS not so much...

Good luck!

Maybe next time a big sign in the street in front of your house "Joe lives here!".

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post

Maybe next time a big sign in the street in front of your house "Joe lives here!".
                      Or Better Yet, "All Model Aircrafts Delivered Here, Do Not Pass Joe, Do Not Collect $200, Violations subject to 1 year of Imprisonment, Regardless of who it's Addressed To".
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        As a long time pessimist when dealing with USPS, UPS and FedX I say he's not a nice guy until he does what he say's he'll do.

That said my normal mail lady is super efficient (though most of my USPS issues have nothing to do with her) and my FedX guy(s) and girl have been great. UPS not so much...

Good luck!

Same experience here. Our mail carrier is super. He knows I get these big boxes from time to time and he brings it to me first thing after he parks on my street. He rings the doorbell and waits for me to come take it inside. I tip him BIG at Xmas.
                        On the other hand, on one occasion when he had a sub, I didn't get my plane. I was expecting it that day, so I went out to meet him. Turned out he took off down the street. I went up to the truck and saw my box in the back. I figured he was going to deliver it to me last. He never came with it, only a few pieces of crap mail and then left. My regular mailman came the next day and brought it to me. The sub was just too damn lazy to bring that big box to my door. He left it in the truck for the regular guy to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Or Better Yet, "All Model Aircrafts Delivered Here, Do Not Pass Joe, Do Not Collect $200, Violations subject to 1 year of Imprisonment, Regardless of who it's Addressed To".
                          LOVE IT!

Comment

• Well since FedEx couldn't be bothered to unload trucks today, I was wondering if anyone has designed or could provide the appropriate dimensions for a nose gear support block?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              avanti127, I sent an email to our FedEx rep about your FedEx driver issues. Our FedEx reps name is David and I passed along your contact information to him (I hope you don't mind). You are a great customer and I'd like to get this solved so it stops happening. Thank you for all your business!
                              Tom, Thanks so much for this. I went this morning to pick it up at he depot and the driver never took it off his truck for me to pick it up. It was a wasted 40 mile trip. I ask to speak with the manager and he was extremely apologetic and told me he only live 2 miles from me and would personally drop it off after his shift. He showed up with it at 4:45 he said he would get to the bottom of this.His name was Alan props to him for going above and beyond what he has to do for his job to get the plane to me. I appreciate your effort in doing this for me as well. Tomorrow it gets build and I can't wait to get it in the air for the maiden and then to personalize it as soon as the weather breaks from this cold so I can get it painted.

Thanks Again Tom!

Joe

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                Well since FedEx couldn't be bothered to unload trucks today, I was wondering if anyone has designed or could provide the appropriate dimensions for a nose gear support block?
                                In fact, I did up some measurements for Wildvortex who was going to print some up to sell. Here are the pictures I sent him:

1st one is just a picture of the area. Note that the brace will have to go under the light wires. There is enough slack available in the wires:
                                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...3&d=1642530298

Width of the space is 56mm.
                                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...4&d=1642530308

Note the space between the lip of the door opening and the top of the tiller arm. Then there's the thickness of the closed door (~2mm). So about 4.85mm.
                                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...5&d=1642530319
                                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...6&d=1642530331

Diameter of nose strut is 12.05mm.
                                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...8&d=1642530350

Distance from rear edge of gear bay to the back of the strut is 13.7mm
                                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...7&d=1642530341

Hope the pictures show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  In fact, I did up some measurements for Wildvortex who was going to print some up to sell. Here are the pictures I sent him:

1st one is just a picture of the area. Note that the brace will have to go under the light wires. There is enough slack available in the wires:
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...3&d=1642530298

Width of the space is 56mm.
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...4&d=1642530308

Note the space between the lip of the door opening and the top of the tiller arm. Then there's the thickness of the closed door (~2mm). So about 4.85mm.
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...5&d=1642530319
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...6&d=1642530331

Diameter of nose strut is 12.05mm.
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...8&d=1642530350

Distance from rear edge of gear bay to the back of the strut is 13.7mm
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/filedata...7&d=1642530341

Hope the pictures show up.
                                  thanks,

Excellent data, though none of the image links work. All return invalid data error message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

thanks,

Excellent data, though none of the image links work. All return invalid data error message.
                                    Well, heck, they must only work for me. I'll try something else.

Comment

• Gilatrout Wildvortex is working on the nose brace. It needed some small tweeks. He should be able to have them available soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        Gilatrout Wildvortex is working on the nose brace. It needed some small tweeks. He should be able to have them available soon.
                                        I know. I've been printing freeware versions of nose braces off thingiverse for years. In some cases I made personal modifications to the STL to suit my particular needs and modifications.

More power to Wildvortex to making these available to anyone without a printer of their own, but I would still prefer to print it myself.

Comment

• I ran over a small stick yesterday. Filled the nick on the bottom. Had several cans of “white”. This one is pretty close to perfect.

RUST-OLEUM
                                          FLAT PROTECTIVE ENAMEL
                                          7790830 FLAT WHITE on the UPC label
                                          Just says WHITE on the front

Used light coats and sprayed at least 6 in away. No crinkle resulted.

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                          X