X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfly Models B1B Bomber 70mm

Announced yesterday and will be available from Banana, Bitgo and others that sell Xfly planes. Xfly has recently released some other fantastic planes and this looks to be another.

Twin 70mm EDF's
    Wingspan:
    1776mm/69.9”(Extended)
    1140mm/44.9” (Retracted)
    Overall Length:
    1920mm/75.6”​

Gosh, the Bone looks like a great new model . The video shows it has a lights, full flying stab, bogie main gear, LG doors, and flaps. Some nice details added. And it looks like it flies quite nicely. The takeoff roll seemed long but the pilot didn't use any flaps. I can't help but wonder if Freewing will have a competing version (not a copy). But this one looks sweet!
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee
      Evan D themudduck Unfortunately, banned Contigo for Disruptive Behavior. Uncertain of the motivation that drives that type of attitude. Best, LB
      Mental instability! He'll be back. Types like that just can't help it. He's likely got other usernames waiting in the wings. It's just a matter of time, but there are enough of us to spot them. These threads act as a promotion and advertisement for a new and innovative product. Posts from these sorts of (inject your label here) only serve to ruin that promotion.
      Perhaps this thread will advance and go forth in a beneficial and meaningful way. One can only hope.

Comment

• Elbee
        Elbee commented
        Editing a comment
        The Ban Hammer (that still cracks me up) uses the IP Address, so unless this person is using Public Access computers or changing out motherboards or possibly a vpn, not certain how he/she is returning so often.

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
      Gosh, the Bone looks like a great new model . The video shows it has a lights, full flying stab, bogie main gear, LG doors, and flaps. Some nice details added. And it looks like it flies quite nicely. The takeoff roll seemed long but the pilot didn't use any flaps. I can't help but wonder if Freewing will have a competing version (not a copy). But this one looks sweet!
      Agreed! There is great interest locally. In fact, it has been one of my buddy's lifelong RC dreams. 3 of us bought the upcoming Freewing Eurofighter. I'm thinking at least 3 of us will buy the B1, too.
      The takeoff may have been done like that on purpose to make it look scale. Solt Productions tends to do that. They're flights always look so real. Once the weight is released, we can then determine some kind of ball park performance.
      For all we know, Freewing may have one on the go at the same time but were more successful at keeping it a secret. Look at the Bizjets. They came out about a week apart. Competition is always a good thing, at least for the consumer. For the manufacturer, it becomes Pepto Bismol time.

Comment

I wonder when we'll actually see this one available for purchase in North America. I'm actually either aggravated, bummed, or excited that this is coming out because I had some other plane purchases in mind in the coming months. Given the specs, it's big! It looks worthy!

Comment

Based on the size are twin 70mm’s enough? Gonna boil down to how much it weighs I guess. This one has my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
            I wonder when we'll actually see this one available for purchase in North America. I'm actually either aggravated, bummed, or excited that this is coming out because I had some other plane purchases in mind in the coming months. Given the specs, it's big! It looks worthy!
            Someone indicated next summer, so possibly 6 months. The news of this leaked out much sooner than Banana wanted, so that's the reason why such a long waiting period. By the specs already posted, this thing is slightly bigger than the PJ50 Bizjet and just smaller than the AL37. But weight wise, the PJ vs the XFly J65 is 3100g vs 3900g. The J65 is a little bit larger in dimensions but is a fair bit heavier. By comparison, the AL37 weighs 3350g. All run twin 70mm fans. I have both the PJ and the AL and a friend had the J65. All performed fairly close to each other and all were adequately powered. If the B1B is slightly larger than the Bizjets, I suspect it will weigh a bit more, however, the latest generation of EDFs coming from both Freewing and XFly seem to have more punch, so hard to say. A better idea can be garnered once the B1's weight is disclosed and that is supposed to happen with the pre-production model at or before the upcoming Arizona Electric Festival in about a week.

Comment

xviper Thanks for the skinny on the B1! That actually makes me feel better, I can proceed with my plans and think about the B1 later. Hopefully they stock enough with the initial shipments but my guess is that it will sell out. I'm guessing that it's attractive to many. For me it's like the B2, kind of a must have for my hangar.

Comment

I’m definitely buying a B-1 for sure, no doubt… but gonna have to stay clear of the RCG thread since it will invariably be a huge time suck and drama Queen makeup room for at least 6 months! 🤠

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  Announced yesterday and will be available from Banana, Bitgo and others that sell Xfly planes.]
                  Just watched the ewetoob vid and Wow! what a great lookin' airframe. Looking forward to the comments and posts about this one.

Wanted FreeWing to do this one, but there you have it. I wanted FlightLine to do the Beechcraft Model 18, but again, c'est la vie.

We rarely get what we want but seems we always get what we need....Whoa, someone should write a song about that.

Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie P View Post
                    I’m definitely buying a B-1 for sure, no doubt… but gonna have to stay clear of the RCG thread since it will invariably be a huge time suck and drama Queen makeup room for at least 6 months! 🤠
                    As you say, we've got 6 months to chew on this but there's a real good chance I'll end up with one, too. Also as you said, the RC Guppy thread is a black hole of Banana fanbois and so much of that thread is motivated by that sentiment and when the detractors speak up, they get dog piled. A couple even make up usernames and come here. Here are a couple of comments (from the Guppy) that you can take with or without a grain or two of salt. As for Banana "bringing you this plane", would make everyone think they were the author and sole provider of it. I'll dump a whole truckload of salt on that one. Once X-Fly has seen to their contractual agreement to let Banana to sell it first for a month or two (maybe not even that long), all sorts of sellers will have at it.
                    I hear it does not fly as good as it should and needs some work done to it, honestly I am not getting excited until the issues have been worked out.
                    First hand accounts from people who have seen it flown in Asia, I could be wrong but Jlamb was probably given a test model work the issues out, I don't believe he was given a manual.
                    But to be fair the B-1 you see is just a test B-1, and it's not the final product.​
                    They've got 6 months to work out the issues. The quoter of these comments claims he's pro-Banana, so when he says something a bit negative, I tend to give it more credence. All the rave comments, one has to see where those come from - influencers who were given the model to play with will naturally sing its praises, no surprises there. Of course, the ravings of fanbois, is a given. And those who jump on the bandwagon, well, they just want to "belong". And those who have a chip on their shoulders against Freewing/Motion/FMS - understandable due to that kind of biased mindset. 6 months is a long time for any thread (particularly on the Guppy) to descend into chaos. It'll be entertaining anyway - good for Guppy business.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Just watched the ewetoob vid and Wow! what a great lookin' airframe. Looking forward to the comments and posts about this one.

Wanted FreeWing to do this one, but there you have it. I wanted FlightLine to do the Beechcraft Model 18, but again, c'est la vie.

We rarely get what we want but seems we always get what we need....Whoa, someone should write a song about that.

Best, LB
                      I love the looks of this thing. I wouldn't count Freewing out just yet. For all we know, they may surprise us and just have kept a better secret. Afterall, they already have the swingwing tech. Remember the Bizjets? The night janitor at Freewing had dinner with the night janitor at X-Fly and two stars were born.
                      To be able to write a song, you gotta have a love lost, cowboy boots and a truck in it.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I love the looks of this thing. I wouldn't count Freewing out just yet. For all we know, they may surprise us and just have kept a better secret. Afterall, they already have the swingwing tech. Remember the Bizjets? The night janitor at Freewing had dinner with the night janitor at X-Fly and two stars were born.
                        To be able to write a song, you gotta have a love lost, cowboy boots and a truck in it.
                        When our kids were young, we used to tell them: "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need!" That song used to infuriate them, but it did quiet them down some. Thanks, Mick!

I would really like to learn more about that B-1B. I'll keep an eye on any reviews and comments on Hobbysquawk about it If it flies well, that might be my next airplane!

davegee

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Best, LB
                          Ha - I went to high school with a member of that band - long time ago now. As for the B-1B, it's a gas, just don't Paint it Black.

Comment

Originally posted by davegee View Post

When our kids were young, we used to tell them: "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need!" That song used to infuriate them, but it did quiet them down some. Thanks, Mick!

I would really like to learn more about that B-1B. I'll keep an eye on any reviews and comments on Hobbysquawk about it If it flies well, that might be my next airplane!

davegee
                            Evan D gave us a pretty good rundown on the specs in the first post. I'm sure more will be added as it becomes available. We may not see any "reviews" as such since this got leaked way before the manufacturer wanted it to, but since it's now out there, we may see stuff come from the Asian sector like FNRC and the like. Search YouTube for it and you'll all the vids that Solt Productions have put out so far on it (purely a tester) - they are basically promos for Banana Hobby that had to be released early due to the leak (spy photos).

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Ha - I went to high school with a member of that band - long time ago now. As for the B-1B, it's a gas, just don't Paint it Black.
                              How very clever, Sir. It's a gas, gas, gas...thinking more NATO Grey...Here's to a Freewing surprising us with one of these. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Doesn't your dog have to die too, for C&W?

I'm more of a classic rock guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Doesn't your dog have to die too, for C&W?

I'm more of a classic rock guy.
                                  That, too! For classic rock, you need a mullet, stolen jeans and a girl pink tinted glasses on LSD.

Comment

You know what they say about C&W music, Play it backwards and you get it all Back.
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

Another video but with a little more detail on how the retracts work. The way they slide over as they retract is really slick.

Comment

Working...
                                      X