Throttle trim???
Official Freewing 110mm F-35C Lightning II Super Scale EDF Jet Thread
Collapse
X
-
I have fixed it! Let me share, if someone faces it. So, as you know the throttle wire has an Y split: one goes to ESC, another to the afterburner light. It looks like someone in factory connected the afterburner lead in wrong polarity! I flipped it and everything went smoothly!Friends!
I assembled F-35 today. But it was a disappointment to fail to set up the ESC / Throttle control. I use Spektrum receiver AR10100T with satelite and Spektrum Transmitter.
So when I bind everything works, except the throttle. Plus it keeps emmiting beep tones as you power on.
I tried everything: all the possible combination of throttle stick, throttle cut and reverse. I replaced with another receiver, add a new model from scratch . Nothing works so far.
Do you have any ideas what could possible go wrong? The pity side is .. I can't find a manual for this ESC.
Cheers👍 2Comment
-
Bene ottimo a sapersi mi fa piacere per te e ti ringrazio per quando avrò il mio f 35 grazie ciaooComment
-
I had the same issue. Calibrate the throttle/ESC....with no power to the plane. Put your throttle to the high/full throttle position on your transmitter. Power the plane up, after initial beeping the plane powering up, move the throttle to zero/no throttle position. That solved the issue for me.Lon
EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, F-16 90mm. Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.Comment
-
I’ll be flying mine with the AS3X+ gyro as well; would you mind sharing your settings (gains, etc.) with me? That would be very kind of you.Maidened today and managed to get 7 total flights. I flew 25-30mm aft of the marks. What a great flying plane, power for days, good behaviors all around.
I setup tailerons and AS3X+. Most surprising was how much momentum it carried on the ground. Also, the inflight sound is incredible.Comment
-
I used the spektrum AR8360T it would beep continuously, had to do the throttle calibration. Power plane off, turn off throttle cut, put throttle stick to max, power on the plane, after the first several beeps lower the throttle all the way. That took care of it and the esc booted right up.
I have fixed it! Let me share, if someone faces it. So, as you know the throttle wire has an Y split: one goes to ESC, another to the afterburner light. It looks like someone in factory connected the afterburner lead in wrong polarity! I flipped it and everything went smoothly!Comment
-
Hey, yes I use them, side by side laying on their sides, i have some velcro under each and larger straps as well. The ones that come with it are too short. Happy flights!Comment
-
Thanks for the info. I was able to get my maiden done today and pretty much done the same thing. I didn't use velcro, but I replaced both straps and used more rubber shelf lining similar to what was supplied with the plane. I was only able to get a couple of flights in before the weather started getting nasty, but what a great plane.Comment
-
Putting the model together and have some questions about elevator position.
With neutral elevator stick the elevator position is 10mm above the reference mark on the airframe.
according to the manual the flap to elevator mix needs some 3-6 mm below the reference mark.
this is a trim change of 13-16 mm from the current neutral position.
Have any of you adjusted the control rods to achieve less movement or just trimmed using the radio?
Any pictures of neutral elevator position appreciated.
I will be setting it up for a CG of 25mm behind the factory position.
Below is the elevator at factory neutral.1 Photo👎 1Comment
-
Removed the nut on the elevator push rod and saw that the horn was adjusted nearly all the way up the thread. Now it has a more neutral position at neutral elevator.
If I had not checked this and not had extended trims , there may have not been enough elevator trim to achieve a satisfactory position!👍 1Comment
-
Use your subtrim to get the servo arm 90deg to the push rod. Then adjust the linkage to get the surface at the manual neutral location. Then check that the throws are per the manual (or your desired throws).
I find it amazing people don't understand how to set up a plane.
If someone does not have experience flying EDFs I would never recommend a starting balance point 25-30mm behind the factory CG. After flying you may decide it flies better at that point but please don't start there.Comment
-
Thank you Evan for your advice. I consider myself to be a pretty experienced pilot of EDF’s and this is not my first plane. But it thanks for your kind words.
I was wanting to see if anyone else had this issue, I am happy setting up an EDF myself. My friend and every person who has this plane has flown it behind the manual CG. I am more than happy that they have done the test flying for me and happy to launch at that position rather than on the book suggestion.
Hopefully someone who is searching for answers may see that FW does not always leave things in the best position, in my case it was a push rod that was not well placed. Luckily i an able to search for information that confirms what I already suspected.Comment







Comment