You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the warm welcoming :)

Comment

• Originally posted by MOFO1 View Post
      WAH WAH WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the F-4 Phantom. I was all excited(worked up) with money ready to go then FLOP FACE PLANT. Great for the guys who like these smaller jets. Also have to give it Motion RC, great marketing strategy and thanks for making something for a variety of flyers. Now let's move on to the F-4. I think project " MOFO " is a great name. After all the F-4 was a MOFO of a jet.
      See? For all of us Phantom campaigners, we were foiled again ! (excuse the pun) I did pre-order the F105 anyway. LOL

More reason to think that Alpha & his co-conspirators are cooking up the F4 in their secret kitchen. I'll bet they are making sure that when they bring her out, the F4 will be the best flying F4 ever. She's gotta be fast too ! The fastest FW EDF to date. Hopefully, much like the A-10, she'll be a super scale, twin 80mm w/ flying stab w/ all bells and whistles, done in USAF (C,D) , USN/Marines (B,J) liveries.

In a way, I'm glad they didn't bring out another 80mm right now. My wallet is still experiencing a big hangover from the B-24 pre-order plus everything else I've ordered for it. So ,schedule the container ship to arrive in May 2018 LOL
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I like small jets, the 64mm f9 panther was cheep and flys great. Upgraded to 4 cell 12 blade set up and she really sings. These big planes take up allot of real estate in the hanger and are a bit more work to bring in sweetly on a short field. That being said avainte 80 is now on deck :Cool: Personally I'd like to see a large b29 or a dorrier 335 or super saber F100, keep um comming guys, well done.
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Now a 64mm EDF F-100...I'd buy that for $99!LOL

Sean
          Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Dec 1, 2017, 05:08 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
            Now a 64mm EDF F-100...I'd buy that for $99!LOL

Sean
            For me to buy a 64mm it would have to be something I really want not available in a larger size for it to be worth it for me to invest in upgrading it. I wont say what it would take because I want it in a 80mm. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

For me to buy a 64mm it would have to be something I really want not available in a larger size for it to be worth it for me to invest in upgrading it. I wont say what it would take because I want it in a 80mm. LOL
              I heard Alpha say on the RCAfterhours podcast, that the aircraft models that sell well in the 64mm format could determine what is next to be available in larger formats.

Comment

• The Thunderchief is my first 64mm jet, and it will be the 1st edf I fly. I have the F-16 v2 that only Ryan@Motion has flown at NEFI (its maiden) and the A-4 that’s still in the box. If the THUD flies as good as it looks I will keep buying these parkjets if I like the aircraft. I like the F-8, but was a little put off with the flight surface set up. I flew U-C stunt, and we hooked the wing flaps to deflect DOWN with UP elevator. Seems to me these new 64mm jets would have weird pitch. In a picture of the 105 flying inverted it looks like full down elevator deflection. How difficult would it be modifying for conventional ailerons and elevator, it’s just one more servo, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                  How difficult would it be modifying for conventional ailerons and elevator, it’s just one more servo, right?
                  It appears as though each side aileron and elevator are controlled by the same servo in stock form. If you can make the left and right elevator rigid with each other, then one more servo will do. If not, then it would need 2 more, "Y" them together, maybe use a servo reverser and hook up to ELE on RX. The AIL can also be "Y'd" together and run off the aileron channel. It's likely programmed as "elevon" wing type now. You'd need normal wing.

Comment

• Thanks xviper. I see now there’d be no way to use one servo for elevator. I guess I’ll try it stock, and if I like I’ll keep it stock. Just seems wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                      Thanks xviper. I see now there’d be no way to use one servo for elevator. I guess I’ll try it stock, and if I like I’ll keep it stock. Just seems wrong.
                      I'm thinking for the same reason that RC Powers planes made from depron or foamboard are mainly elevons, with the ailerons and elevators connected together. Even the HobbyKing SU-35, pusher prop is of this design. One thing about them, is that all of them will loop on a dime.

Comment

• If it's a new bueatiful F-4 Phantom, make sure it has this feature for us non 800 foot runway types. Make sure you watch until the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Having Fun View Post
                          If it's a new bueatiful F-4 Phantom, make sure it has this feature for us non 800 foot runway types. Make sure you watch until the end.
                          A drag chute would be a very nice and useful feature for a super scale F-4. :Cool: The only thing better than a drag chute is a thrust reverser which is one of the many reasons an AJS-37 Viggen would make a great RC model.
                          The drag chute works well but it still took it a bit before it fully opened and started working. Compared to a thrust reverser like in the Viggen it can be set to activate the moment the nose gear compresses.
                          I have flown the Viggen in the DCS World flight simulator and it not only is easy but also a blast to land every time! No matter how much I over shoot the run way I can still pull off a great landing with out running out of runway. :)

Comment

• The eflight vid was great . First time I’ve seen fly really well. That one flew great. The drag chute was an added bonus. Very cool.
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Comeon baby! Rafale, F22, F4, F100... All single EDF must haves IMHO. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Having Fun View Post
                                If it's a new bueatiful F-4 Phantom, make sure it has this feature for us non 800 foot runway types. Make sure you watch until the end.
                                That chute was quite effective. Slowed it right down.

Comment

• ya I love the chute gimmick and it works great too

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                                    Now a 64mm EDF F-100...I'd buy that for $99!LOL

Sean
                                    I second that Motion!!! I have been waiting for an F-100 for ever and I will buy two, just in case you decide to stop selling them. I have one of your F-4's and an F-105 coming, I am trying to collect the Century Jets. I have an F-86 from another vendor from way back.

Comment

• +1 64mm basic F100 or 70mm or better full house :Cool:
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                        +1 64mm basic F100 or 70mm or better full house :Cool:
                                        Originally posted by edwinkania View Post

I second that Motion!!! I have been waiting for an F-100 for ever and I will buy two, just in case you decide to stop selling them. I have one of your F-4's and an F-105 coming, I am trying to collect the Century Jets. I have an F-86 from another vendor from way back.
                                        A 64-70mm F-100 might be the ideal size for nubie EDF pilots that just have to have one with out potentially being a hand full to learn to fly if it was super scale. The F-100 was one of those jets that could kill you if you did not know how to fly it.
                                        Check out this great interview with former F-100 Super Saber pilots that got a chance to fly the Hun again. What got my attention was what one of them said at 2:40 about how it took special skills to fly the F-100.
                                        After watching this video again it made realize that a 64mm F-100 without rudder control might be a bad idea. :Confused:
                                        So this goes out to those that wish there was an RC F-100 so they are aware of what they would be getting them selves into if there was one. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

A 64-70mm F-100 might be the ideal size for nubie EDF pilots that just have to have one with out potentially being a hand full to learn to fly if it was super scale. The F-100 was one of those jets that could kill you if you did not know how to fly it.
                                          Check out this great interview with former F-100 Super Saber pilots that got a chance to fly the Hun again. What got my attention was what one of them said at 2:40 about how it took special skills to fly the F-100.
                                          After watching this video again it made realize that a 64mm F-100 without rudder control might be a bad idea. :Confused:
                                          So this goes out to those that wish there was an RC F-100 so they are aware of what they would be getting them selves into if there was one. ;)

I own the Flyfly version of this jet, I have not flown it yet since it's not 100% completed- still needs flaps installed or I can build it without flaps...
                                          Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Working...
                                          X