You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Thunderchief!!! I love everything Republic.

Comment

• Right now, I'm just very disappointed. I was really thinking they'd finally come out with a twin 80 powered F-4. The hints were there, the popularity was overwhelming and the model is one of the most historical out there. I'm glad many people are excited but I, for one, just can't get that up for it. Imagine, the only aircraft ever removed from the USAF frontline due to its high loss rates. What a legacy! I know it's mission was very difficult though--"First in, Last out" was crazy for those pilots. Maybe it'll grow on me. I'll just shut up for now. Hope the 105 lovers enjoy it.

Comment

• Patience, young grasshopper. The F4 will come, and we can only hope it's the new Project Foil. Have faith in their plan! I've been impressed with the recent quality of the 64mm jets, and even though I'm not prepared enough to fly some of these bigger jets, I was on the ready for the F4 pre-order this morning....
        I just thought that a teaser video would indicate a bigger jet. Fooled me!! LOL

Comment

• Hola guys...excited to join this community whose existence I just learned a couple of weeks ago. Have been looking mainly into the A-4 thread..model I plan to purchase. Got a bit disappointed too about the f104 xdd not excited about this model and its size..would have preferred a Phantom too or better a Rafale. Nevertheless great job on MRC and FW on their great looking models :)!

Comment

• :Yawn: next
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• I don't think a 64mm even qualifies for a project name.
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                Have faith in their plan!
                Wise words. We've got this ;) :
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                  Hola guys...excited to join this community whose existence I just learned a couple of weeks ago. Have been looking mainly into the A-4 thread..model I plan to purchase. Got a bit disappointed too about the f104 xdd not excited about this model and its size..would have preferred a Phantom too or better a Rafale. Nevertheless great job on MRC and FW on their great looking models :)!
                  WELCOME ABOARD :Cool:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I love this new 64mm line up and hope to see even more of them, it will allow pilots on a tight budget to enjoy flying EDFs and is a great size to keep in the car so you always got something to fly.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Preordered.... Order No. 285297 :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                        I don't think a 64mm even qualifies for a project name.
                        That got me in a better mood, glad I didn't miss any sleep over a tiny 64mm.............LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post Welcome!!! Merry Christmas!

Comment

• WAH WAH WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the F-4 Phantom. I was all excited(worked up) with money ready to go then FLOP FACE PLANT. Great for the guys who like these smaller jets. Also have to give it Motion RC, great marketing strategy and thanks for making something for a variety of flyers. Now let's move on to the F-4. I think project " MOFO " is a great name. After all the F-4 was a MOFO of a jet.

Comment

• Not trying to stir the pot but if every new release was a giant scale edf I don't think MRC would be around long and no one would have anything new to look forward too. I'm not interested in flying jets but I'm still excited to see all the new cutting edge stuff they are coming out with. I also applaud every one involved with the design and development of all these new offerings especially the "testers" here on the Squawk for your ability to keep these secret and more importantly helping make them user friendly for the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                Not trying to stir the pot but if every new release was a giant scale edf I don't think MRC would be around long and no one would have anything new to look forward too. I'm not interested in flying jets but I'm still excited to see all the new cutting edge stuff they are coming out with. I also applaud every one involved with the design and development of all these new offerings especially the "testers" here on the Squawk for your ability to keep these secret and more importantly helping make them user friendly for the rest of us.
                                SPOT ON ;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• What a great way for folks to try out EDF flying. A decent flying entry level jet, backed by Motion RC, for about the price of a HZ Champ, Brilliant! Now there will be several models to choose from. Club members can pick these up and have "Race Day" or "Dog Fight Day". Modding and souping up possibilities are all there. These little buggers look good too! Well done again to all the folks involved with all of the new products coming out:Cool:!

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                    Not trying to stir the pot but if every new release was a giant scale edf I don't think MRC would be around long and no one would have anything new to look forward too. I'm not interested in flying jets but I'm still excited to see all the new cutting edge stuff they are coming out with. I also applaud every one involved with the design and development of all these new offerings especially the "testers" here on the Squawk for your ability to keep these secret and more importantly helping make them user friendly for the rest of us.
                                    Agreed! A hobby shop can't sustain itself by selling only large scale EDFs. They've got to have enough variety to attract the masses. Large scale EDFs has a limited market due to size and price. It's the smaller planes that get new hobbyists into the game. I can just imagine that a manufacturer can sell thousands of smaller planes compared to a few hundred (maybe?) of large, expensive planes. An analogy would be the car industry. Toyota, Honda, Nissan built their customer base on small, low priced, economical cars, not the big, expensive luxurious ones. You gotta sell a million cheap models before you can sell a few pricey ones.
                                    And on the F-4 note ............................ I can't see Freewing or FMS rushing to put out a twin Phantom while one already exists.
                                    Super F-4 Phantom II RC EDF Jet from BananaHobby.com. Shop our selection of EDF Jets to find your including the Super F-4 Phantom II Radio Controlled EDF Jet and other quality EDF Foam Jets

Albeit FW or FMS can make it better than Blitz, but at a cost. I'm sure eventually, they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      I love this new 64mm line up and hope to see even more of them, it will allow pilots on a tight budget to enjoy flying EDFs and is a great size to keep in the car so you always got something to fly.
                                      One of the positives about the 64 mm line is that it seems like it allows for there to be more verity of jets to be made into to RC EDF models that other wise would take longer to make into a larger size.
                                      This size should be ideal to cater to that small group of people wanting rare jets. Not that the F-105 or F-8 are rare but just saying that there are better chances of a 64mm or even 70mm version making it to production than a larger version.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Agreed! A hobby shop can't sustain itself by selling only large scale EDFs. They've got to have enough variety to attract the masses. Large scale EDFs has a limited market due to size and price. It's the smaller planes that get new hobbyists into the game. I can just imagine that a manufacturer can sell thousands of smaller planes compared to a few hundred (maybe?) of large, expensive planes. An analogy would be the car industry. Toyota, Honda, Nissan built their customer base on small, low priced, economical cars, not the big, expensive luxurious ones. You gotta sell a million cheap models before you can sell a few pricey ones.
                                        And on the F-4 note ............................ I can't see Freewing or FMS rushing to put out a twin Phantom while one already exists.
                                        http://www.bananahobby.com/8-ch-blit...ueryId=2392176
                                        Albeit FW or FMS can make it better than Blitz, but at a cost. I'm sure eventually, they will.
                                        A lot of those people that I have seen on here pushing for a new F-4 Phantom from Freewing have already dealt with those other F-4 models currently available. They are all pretty much fed up with those models that need a lot of work to get flying some what decently and on top of that they are a maintenance nightmare. They just want a quality F-4 that flys well from the start. To them the only other better option is stepping up to the much more expensive Turbine model.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

A lot of those people that I have seen on here pushing for a new F-4 Phantom from Freewing have already dealt with those other F-4 models currently available. They all pretty much fed up with those models that need a lot of work to get flying some what decently and on top of that they are a maintenance nightmare. They just want a quality F-4 that flys well from the start.
                                          Exactly, couldn't have said it better :Cool:.

Comment

Working...
                                          X