P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machat did this artwork, Vietnam era bomber...

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      This video was posted elsewhere and appears to have the same footage as the Motion trailer does. That leads me to believe F-105.
      See? I was telling you the same thing on your page... I remember seeing this footage many times over from the gun cams of the F-105... This same bomb was also carried by the 100, 104 and F-4..... so who knows whats happening... I would really love a big detailed F-105 though!! Been wanting one for the longest!! If its a Skyraider... crickets for me.....
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• pretty sure I read on here that Alpha was wanting a good F-4 ....
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
          pretty sure I read on here that Alpha was wanting a good F-4 ....
          We can only hope

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
            pretty sure I read on here that Alpha was wanting a good F-4 ....
            I would be cool with one of those too....
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• F105 is my guess based on the video footage and name of the project

Comment

• didn't the f4 also drop bombs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                  didn't the f4 also drop bombs?
                  yes they did and quite a few of them ;)Just checked........18 total of Mk-82
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Maybe MiG 21 / Mirage 2000

Comment

• Originally posted by tifi View Post
                      Maybe MiG 21 / Mirage 2000
                      ?????? Those models already exist and they aren't that old. Why would they do another?

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	106414Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	106415Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	106416Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	106417Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	106418

I love Mike Machat's X-Plane paintings. :Cool:

Comment

• xviper maybe for larger scale and 105 /110 mm edf..like hsd do on F15..make more features something like that..

Comment

• Originally posted by tifi View Post
                            xviper maybe for larger scale and 105 /110 mm edf..like hsd do on F15..make more features something like that..
                            As a newcomer to this forum you most likely missed when Alpha (Head Honcho Guy of FL/FW new products for Motion) just recently explained that EDF's of that size are not part of the market focus niche for them.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OV10 ooo yaa..im not always in..sorry about that..just my cheap opinion..and thanks for the info mate:Cool:

Comment

• tifi..... Welcome brother! Hope you enjoy the madness here... Merry Christmas! :-)

Comment

• My guess would be the 105, after seeing the video. No preorder for me if it is a 105, unless of course it's a big 90mm and scaled out, I will consider it then, now a 80mm/90mm F-4, another story, will be hitting the preorder button as fast as I can..........:)

Comment

• i am hopeing for a 80mm f4 it seems more in line with past freewing jets..only problem is I just paid for the a4,,where will I get cash for a f4? lol if it turns out to be a f105 ill pass..in most polls the 105 doesent even show up

Comment

• It could always be a baby A-4 Skyhawk with a 64mm fan. Mike Machat recently did a large A-4 Skyhawk wall mural for the Santa Monica Museum of Flying. The A-4 is a Douglas/McDonnell Douglas product. Carried a bunch of bombs, too. Would make a nice last minute stocking stuffer at $100.

Comment

• I also think it could very well be a 90mm F-105 Thunderchief. The Thud could drop that many munitions as depicted in the video. Having an F-105 model would actually be a better option for those that prefer single 80/90mm setups that might shy away from a big Super Scale F-4 Phantom with twin 80mm when it comes out.

This F105 is carrying a full bomb load of sixteen 750 lb (340 kg) bombs on its five hardpoints.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1280px-Republic_F-105D.jpg Views:	1 Size:	243.8 KB ID:	106471

Comment

• I guess we will know in about 10-12 hours ....

Comment

Working...
                                          X