You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a MIG 25 Foxbat? In any case a F-4 Phantom please!!!

Comment

I'm all for strong 80-90 single f4 or t33

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
        For a single EDF setup I am going to stick to jets that are originally single engine.

1.AJS Viggen
        2.A-7 Corsair II/ Crasador
        3. Rafale
        4. Fiat G91

My top choice going to the Sabb AJS Viggen because it would not only offer unique flight dynamics that would not only make it easy to fly for first time EDF pilots but also offer seasoned pilots unparalleled capabilities. It's unique design of a delta wing with canards acted as a vortex generator producing more lift.
        The canard flaps when deployed in conjunction with the landing gear provided even more lift for takeoff and landings. Another unique feature was that it had a thrust reverser! Can you imagine a thrust reverser on an EDF Jet! It would not only allow for landings on any short run way but you could actually back it it up!

Conclusion: Easy to fly, more lift at all speeds, can operate on short runways and it can be revered.

The Viggen is one of the coolest planes ever made! I would love to have a bigger 90mm version with thrust reversing too!!
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

I am still waiting for a 80 mm T-38. 90 mm fans are to hard on the batteries. I have been flying my F-5 for three years now and I love it. The infamous T-38 has trained every pilot since 1961 till now, and other then the Skymaster turbine T-38 which I previously sold, no one sells a good representation of the T-38.
          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
            I am thinking more along the lines of an F-4....No, not the Phantom II, the F4D-1 Skyray!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SkyrayFlyingOverNASNILarge.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	87330
            Ha ha! That just so happens to be the only Ford I'd purchase! I'd love a FreeWing Skyray! LOL

Comment

SAAB; Viggen or a Draken! The Viggen might do ok on grass strips with those twin wheel bogies on the main gear struts...they could make the tires only slightly wider and it should handle grass pretty well
              methinks! Just make it at least as big as the current singles and not over $400.00 - $500.00 USD. I'd buy one for sure! The Draken was the very first plastic model aircraft I ever built when I was in 1st grade circa 1968-69! I thought it was the coolest looking "shape" I had ever seen! I'll have to dig up an old pic of me and Dad at the table putting it together. Fond memories of simpler times...R.I.P. Daddy...miss you bad!

Comment

Here it is! Me and dad liked 'warbirds' of his childhood too...re.; he's building "his P47". He said he used to see huge formations of them flying around the Ft. Bragg area of NC during the war when he was "out plowing the fields with a mule"!
                And then I grew-up and learned how to work on planes for a living...had just put a overhauled prop on this Air Tractor when this pic was shot at work, circa 2003. Safety wiring those attach bolts was about a 1.5 hr. process! Very tight space! Ask anyone who knows! Ok...so I know I strayed a bit with all this...please don't flame me fellas...just sharing and feeling nostalgic...Dad would have been 85 years old had he made to the 8th of this month. Miss ya too-much buddy!

Comment

F-22 Raptor 80mm or 90mm, F-18 Hornet C model Blue Angels scheme Something currently being used in our U.S. Military today

Comment

I'd love a SAAB Viggen or Draken too! And I would for sure like a Gloster Meteor. One of my favorites would be the Republic F-84F Thunderstreak!

Comment

Originally posted by shocktrooper View Post
                      Here it is! Me and dad liked 'warbirds' of his childhood too...re.; he's building "his P47". He said he used to see huge formations of them flying around the Ft. Bragg area of NC during the war when he was "out plowing the fields with a mule"!
                      And then I grew-up and learned how to work on planes for a living...had just put a overhauled prop on this Air Tractor when this pic was shot at work, circa 2003. Safety wiring those attach bolts was about a 1.5 hr. process! Very tight space! Ask anyone who knows! Ok...so I know I strayed a bit with all this...please don't flame me fellas...just sharing and feeling nostalgic...Dad would have been 85 years old had he made to the 8th of this month. Miss ya too-much buddy!
                      Thanks for sharing the story!! Its good to see that others have a love for aviation just as I do!
                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        So here are the numbers for a B1-B @ 1/20th scale:
                        W/S 137' extended at 1/20 scale gives you a model of 82" span(47" swept) which is respectable but that same 1/20 scale makes the 3' nose wheel only 1.8 inches and of course this just is not really feasible for turf especially if you've got a 15lb AUW bird sitting on it.
                        Lets be real here folks and put something on the plate that is possible.
                        1/20th scale would be quite the beast to transport at ~7' 4" long. Regarding the nose wheel diameter, some of the scale appearance can be sacrificed to have larger wheels, and use something like 2.25" instead.

I'm also a fan of the bone. I have been considering scratch building one recently, but might try something a bit smaller to use 4x50mm EDFs or 4x64mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

1/20th scale would be quite the beast to transport at ~7' 4" long. Regarding the nose wheel diameter, some of the scale appearance can be sacrificed to have larger wheels, and use something like 2.25" instead.

I'm also a fan of the bone. I have been considering scratch building one recently, but might try something a bit smaller to use 4x50mm EDFs or 4x64mm.
                          A B1b Lancer would be an awesome model to behold plus it would also be the first EDF bomber ever to be produced. 4x64mm would be a great option unless they can fit 4X70mm EDF's.
                          If there was a B1 Lancer EDF there would be several people all over hounding their clubs to install a Geotextile runway to be able to fly this magnificent bomber.

Check out this B1 EDF scratch build where the guy did not let turff stand in his way of flying his dream airplane.

Comment

Twin 80mm F-18 Growler with conformal fule tanks!

Comment

Here's my wish list:
                              90mm F100
                              twin 80mm F4 Phantom
                              Rafael 80 or 90mm
                              Mig 15 (90 or 80)
                              90mm F22
                              Mig 23 (90 or 80)
                              twin 80mm Mig 29
                              B1B

Comment

Here is a compilation of all the request so far on this thread.
                                What would be your choices of the top 10? Mine would be the Viggen and F-4.
                                1. F-4 Pantom- 8
                                2. F-8 Crusador- 7
                                3. Rafale- 5
                                4. F/A-18C- 5
                                5. AJS-37 Viggen- 4
                                6. A-7 Corsair II- 4
                                7. B-1b Lancer- 3
                                8. Mig 29- 3
                                9. Mig 15- 3
                                10. F-22 Raptor- 3

F-100 Super Saber- 2
                                Mig 25- 2
                                T-33- 2
                                F4D Skyray- 2
                                Hawker Hunter- 2
                                F9F Panther- 2
                                F9F Cougar- 2
                                Avro Valcan- 2
                                S3 Viking- 1
                                F-18 Growler- 1
                                35 Draken- 1
                                Panavia Tornado- 1
                                F-106- 1
                                Mig 23- 1
                                B-52- 1
                                L-39- 1
                                F-108- 1
                                XF-109- 1
                                T-38- 1
                                F-3- 1
                                F-23 -1
                                English Electric Lightning- 1

Comment

Originally posted by scooter genie View Post
                                  EPO FA-18 , upgraded landing gear mounts, 90mm, without the thrust vectoring for me.
                                  Yes with super scale details and lights
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

MIG15-17 PLZ!
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                      Here is a compilation of all the request so far on this thread.
                                      What would be your choices of the top 10? Mine would be the Viggen and F-4.
                                      1. F-4 Pantom- 8
                                      2. F-8 Crusador- 7
                                      3. Rafale- 5
                                      4. F/A-18C- 5
                                      5. AJS-37 Viggen- 4
                                      6. A-7 Corsair II- 4
                                      7. B-1b Lancer- 3
                                      8. Mig 29- 3
                                      9. Mig 15- 3
                                      10. F-22 Raptor- 3

F-100 Super Saber- 2
                                      Mig 25- 2
                                      T-33- 2
                                      F4D Skyray- 2
                                      Hawker Hunter- 2
                                      F9F Panther- 2
                                      F9F Cougar- 2
                                      Avro Valcan- 2
                                      S3 Viking- 1
                                      F-18 Growler- 1
                                      35 Draken- 1
                                      Panavia Tornado- 1
                                      F-106- 1
                                      Mig 23- 1
                                      B-52- 1
                                      L-39- 1
                                      F-108- 1
                                      XF-109- 1
                                      T-38- 1
                                      F-3- 1
                                      F-23 -1
                                      English Electric Lightning- 1
                                      For me...out of the current top-10...the Swedish AJS-37 Viggen and the American F4 Phantom...in that order.

Comment

Out of those 10:
                                        1. F-22 Raptor
                                        2. B-1B
                                        3. F-4 Phantom

Comment

Since Freewing seems to have received a good run out of their F-18 Super Hornet 90mm EDF jet, I'd love to see an F-18C 90mm with some amazing scale attributes to it. The look of the single seat C model is hard to beat for me. With the current F-18 around for so many years, hopefully they feel the need to spend the moolah on a new mold with better lines and better new-age RC technology.

Also, a 90mm F-22 is at the top of my list as well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X