You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you F-8 Crusader fans here is the only scene in a movie that I can think of that depicts F-8's in action flying a reconnaissance mission over Cuba during the Cuban missile crises from the movie Thirteen days.
    I highly recommend watching this movie sometime.

Comment

Thanks Evoman. Makes me want to smoke a cigar...

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
        Thanks Evoman. Makes me want to smoke a cigar...
        LOL LOL

Comment

As long as we are fantasizing, how a nice 80 or 90mm F-106 or for something fast that is still designed for rough runways a Mig-25 or an F-3 Tornado.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
            As long as we are fantasizing, how a nice 80 or 90mm F-106 or for something fast that is still designed for rough runways a Mig-25 or an F-3 Tornado.
            A big plus one on the "Six" :):). Would love to see a nice 80mm F-100 as a follow on to the F-86 as well. Also, the F-22 and F-35 are musts sometime soon. I toured the F-35 production line today and got fly in the simulator. Was definitely one of the coolest things that I have seen, the assembly building alone is a full mile long! Really would love one done properly in 80-90mm.

Comment

A twin 90mm Mig 29, 70" plus length
              Or 105mm..... I have the new HSD F16 and its a little expensive but the oil filled landing gear and brakes are nice. Im a freewing motion fan till the end but HSD has some great ideas I would hope Motion/Freewing integrate into their product line

Comment

I would love an A-7 ... and btw ,there was some good F-8 footage in the Final Countdown too
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

https://youtu.be/D1U1AYU9y1s

https://youtu.be/NcJXov2QQPM

Get the popcorn. Lots of possible jets projects here.

Comment

A hot 8s capable 80mm jet would ROCK!

Comment

if I could get a 80 8s set up in my mig 21 I would like flying it more than I do now it just does not have the power I want and might need in a emergency!

Comment

Originally posted by jay bennett View Post
                        if I could get a 80 8s set up in my mig 21 I would like flying it more than I do now it just does not have the power I want and might need in a emergency!
                        You could absolutely run 8s in the Mig... My friend's running a hot 8s setup in his!

I just hate the way it looks, but... A lot of guys like it!

Comment

How about this. Imagine a giant foam B-52... with EIGHT 50 mm fans. (I'm figuring a 3000mm wingspan, 9.8 feet, roughly 1/19 scale)

Sure it would need four 4000mah batteries, but this plane could haul them without a problem. Stick in two working bomb bays and you could drop two 12oz water balloons or anything you want!
                          Fowler flaps. And retractable rotating main gear. And a parachute! :Love:

This would be absolutely incredible and unique and a hell of a lot of fun.
                          The fuse would be 8 feet long! So detach the tail.
                          I volunteer to test fly it (Pilot Ryan is busy).

Or - quite a bit simpler, but a very cool subject would be a big AVRO Vulcan. That could fly on twin 80's without an issue.

OK guys - go through this thread and "like" the suggestions that you would like to see come true. Then the MRC guys can see which ones we like best!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post
                            A hot 8s capable 80mm jet would ROCK!
                            A nice L-39 or 59 would be great .. 10s would be possible..:).. I had 10s on the HTG model & it rocked..:)

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

A nice L-39 or 59 would be great .. 10s would be possible..:).. I had 10s on the HTG model & it rocked..:)
                              I hear that... Or a hot 8s capable 80mm F100!

Yeah buddy!

Comment

Still waiting for that 80 or 90mm lightweight F-18C..;)

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                  How about this. Imagine a giant foam B-52... with EIGHT 50 mm fans. (I'm figuring a 3000mm wingspan, 9.8 feet, roughly 1/19 scale)

Sure it would need four 4000mah batteries, but this plane could haul them without a problem. Stick in two working bomb bays and you could drop two 12oz water balloons or anything you want!
                                  Fowler flaps. And retractable rotating main gear. And a parachute! :Love:

This would be absolutely incredible and unique and a hell of a lot of fun.
                                  The fuse would be 8 feet long! So detach the tail.
                                  I volunteer to test fly it (Pilot Ryan is busy).

Or - quite a bit simpler, but a very cool subject would be a big AVRO Vulcan. That could fly on twin 80's without an issue.

OK guys - go through this thread and "like" the suggestions that you would like to see come true. Then the MRC guys can see which ones we like best!

First of all the original topic for this thread was ideas for a nice single 80-90mm military EDF jet. But it would be cool to see some sort of EDF bomber as there are currently none on the market.
                                  But I would much rather see a B-1b Lancer. With its variable-sweep wings it could fly slow or fast and be easier to transport.
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	b-1b-lancer-gunfighters-2014.jpg Views:	1 Size:	329.5 KB ID:	87898

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

I have flown the L-39 in DCS and its actually kind of slow. Even the F-86 is faster and is a bit more capable. The L-39 might be a good option as a first time EDF but defiantly not a candidate for a hot 8s capable 80mm jet that would rock.

And if your wondering what is DCS its a computer flight simulator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t_oT3AyknM

Which by the way the L-39 is curretly on sale for the summer sale if you want to try it out for yourself.
                                    The twin-crew, tandem-seat Aero L-39 Albatros is a high-performance jet trainer, reconnaissance and light-attack aircraft developed in Czechoslovakia by Aero Vodochody. The most accurate computer simulation of this aircraft ever created, the DCS: L-39C gives pilots a first-rate basic and advanced all-weather day and night training in both visual and instrument flying. The other variant available in DCS, the L-39ZA is a nimble and effective combat aircraft that has served widely in the air-to-air and ground attack roles. Armed with a GSh-23 23 mm twin autocannon, the L-39ZA is also able to carry up to 1100 kg of stores on four external hardpoints. These include FAB-100/100 kg LDGP bombs; UB-16UM rocket pods with 16 S-5KO 57 mm HEAT/Frag rockets apiece; and up to four triple-barrel PK-3 7.62 mm machine gun pods. The L-39ZA can also carry two R-60 IR homing missiles in the air intercept role.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

I hear that... Or a hot 8s capable 80mm F100!

Yeah buddy!
                                      The F-100 Super Saber would make a good candidate for a hot 8s capable 80mm!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-100.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	87905

Comment

My Freewing 90mm F-18 is getting a bit long in the tooth and looking pretty bruised after a few repairs. It's slightly under-powered for my grass field, so a new one would be nice in the 70mm - 80mm size. And ditch the thrust vectoring. It's an un-needed and unwanted gimmick that only adds complexity.
                                        FMS has just tested their upcoming 70mm, 6s F-18. I'd rather get it from Freewing as I know that they can make a much better product when it comes to EDF planes. Take for example, their latest offerings in the A-10, Avanti, Yak 130 70mm. When it comes to EDFs, Freewing is better in many categories. I'll buy the FMS F-18 when it comes out unless I know Freewing is not far behind in releasing one themselves.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

How about an F-108?

Comment

Working...
                                          X