You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm... Google search pulls up aviation artist, Mike Machat who is the nephew of Republic Aviation's Chief Engineer.

Republic built the F-105.

Comment

• A-1 Skyraider. The things could take off from the carrier heavier loaded than from land. They carried an amazing assortment of drop-able ordinance (Bombs and missiles continuous from wingtip to wingtip) and still had several hours of fuel to orbit on station directing and supporting pilot rescue operations.

And, at least one managed to shoot down a Mig 15 in an air-air gunfight.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
        A-1 Skyraider. The things could take off from the carrier heavier loaded than from land. They carried an amazing assortment of drop-able ordinance (Bombs and missiles continuous from wingtip to wingtip) and still had several hours of fuel to orbit on station directing and supporting pilot rescue operations.

And, at least one managed to shoot down a Mig 15 in an air-air gunfight.
        It's not a Skyraider: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...311#post106311

Comment

• Mike Machat also worked for Douglas so the Skyraider on the prop side and the A-4 on the edf side is my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
            Mike Machat also worked for Douglas so the Skyraider on the prop side and the A-4 on the edf side is my guess.
            FF............A-4....:Confused: They released that one already LOL
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I know but only connection I could make :Silly:

Comment

• Might not be a war bird but they have a soft spot in my heart.
                CT-114 Tutors
                Attached Files
                Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

• This video was posted elsewhere and appears to have the same footage as the Motion trailer does. That leads me to believe F-105.

Comment

• so did I read that we find out on dec 1 what this new plane is?

Comment

• Yes, they will announce this tomorrow according to the teaser video.

I'm thinking that we're due for a 90mm Super Scale model, it's been a little while since they've released one. A 90mm Super Scale F-105 Thud with lots of details and ordnance will be just fine with me.

Oh my poor wallet!
                      Pat

Comment

• Well, if it is the F-4 Phantom I will be true to my word and order two.In a past post I did say i would take two.I am but a poor and humble retired MOFO.

Comment

• Mike Machat was employed as artist with McDonnell Douglas so maybe a Phantom?

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                            This video was posted elsewhere and appears to have the same footage as the Motion trailer does. That leads me to believe F-105.
                            That certainly has the same footage you may have nailed it.

Comment

• Please be the F-4 Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                This video was posted elsewhere and appears to have the same footage as the Motion trailer does. That leads me to believe F-105.
                                Damn DK.........great detective work. I'm convinced you nailed it.
                                Now all you have to do is come up with the correct analogy/correlation how MACHAT works into the project name and I can see Alpha forwarding a THUD your way.
                                That FOIL project still has everyone scrambling. :Thinking:
                                SO...........4 EDF's back to back huh Alpha. It's now time for another prop job and since your now looking at Nam birds.
                                Make Boots and I go screaming out of minds with joy over a )
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Mike Machat bio also states he was chief artist and corporate representative for McDonald Douglas.......hmmm....alpha is almost as cryptic as my ex wife. I have to go with dkal, its a thud. My guess is 64mm.
                                  Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I have to admit that I did not find the video, someone else did and shared it so i shared it here.

We also have project foil coming up and some have thought that could be an F-4.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Now all you have to do is come up with the correct analogy/correlation how MACHAT works into the project name and I can see Alpha forwarding a THUD your way.
                                      That FOIL project still has everyone scrambling. :Thinking:
                                      SO...........4 EDF's back to back huh Alpha. It's now time for another prop job and since your now looking at Nam birds.
                                      Make Boots and I go screaming out of minds with joy over a )
                                      RIGHT ON CB!!! Machat’s bio reads “As the nephew of a Republic Aviation
                                      Corporation Chief Engineer”, so if that’s the brother of his father you’d have it. The first foamy THUD? So a park flyer like the F-8 or something in the 80mm size?:Confused:
                                      Good find DK!:Cool:

Comment

• Comment

• I am also guessing F-105. The footage looks like what I had seen in the past from F-105's and the one shot of the tail isn't the F-4. I doubt the F-4 could have dropped as many bombs as the F-105, but I am not anywhere close to being an expert on Vietnam era jets. I am pretty sure the footage is USAF and not any Navy aircraft, and they already have the A-6, F-8, and A-4. A Vietnam era USAF jet is surely missing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X