You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... What's next? We need some new military muscle for us EDF junkies! : )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, it's time for a new jet announcement Motion LOL. The forums are slowing down and there isn't enough to read :Scared:. Is it going to be a 90mm EDF jet next? :Cool:

Maybe an updated :f18 (but make it a C model), or maybe it's a :f4phantom, but hopefully a F-22 :Drooling:.

Comment

Or a 90mm sized hot 80mm F-106 :). A SEA camo F-100 Super Sabre or F-35 would be sweet as well.. An F-22 would be seriously awesome though!

Comment

I'm cool with any of those, ha-ha, even a Mig-29 would be sooooo awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
          So, it's time for a new jet announcement Motion LOL. The forums are slowing down and there isn't enough to read :Scared:.
          There was a new announcement, but the RC community world-wide decided to keep it from you since you have no patience. ;) LOL

Comment

LOL:Scared:

Comment

BIG 80mm Rafale would rock... Or an F4!:)

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                Or a 90mm sized hot 80mm F-106 :). A SEA camo F-100 Super Sabre or F-35 would be sweet as well.. An F-22 would be seriously awesome though!
                It would be nice to see all those jets except for the F-35A. If you were to really read up on the F-35 you would find out that its been nothing but a gigantic money pit that still cant perform any better than current 4th Gen jets.
                The only thing the F-35 has going for it is its good looks. Keep in mind that the F-35 is heavily dependent on a fly by wire computer to keep it in the air. To this day they continue to tune and update the software to get the most out of that airframe. However I could see a business case for the F-35B with VTOL capabilities.
                The F-22 Raptor on the other hand looks really sharp and can actually back up its good looks with spectacular capabilities.

Here is good recent article that talks about the current state of the F-35 and the A-10 fleet.
                http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...-able-to-fight

Click image for larger version  Name:	750px-Two_F-22A_Raptor_in_column_flight.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	97744

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

It would be nice to see all those jets except for the F-35A. If you were to really read up on the F-35 you would find out that its been nothing but a gigantic money pit that still cant perform any better than current 4th Gen jets.
                  The only thing the F-35 has going for it is its good looks. Keep in mind that the F-35 is heavily dependent on a fly by wire computer to keep it in the air. To this day they continue to tune and update the software to get the most out of that airframe. However I could see a business case for the F-35B with VTOL capabilities.
                  The F-22 Raptor on the other hand looks really sharp and can actually back up its good looks with spectacular capabilities.
                  Honestly, the ongoing hate against F-35 in the press gets old quick, and is often VERY incorrect. I personally know quite a few people, from conceptual designers to test pilots, who have worked on the jet. On the controls, you are correct, it it IS fly by wire. So is the F-22, F-16, newer F-18s, and B-2s. It is a proven technology, that can work wonders with how an aircraft flies. I've flown in the sim (the actual Lockheed sim), and it has features that are simply awesome. One place this is visible, is watch the ship trials of the C model. The flaps, ailerons, LE flaps, and tails are all making tons of small adjustments in cross control. the aircraft itself knows which surfaces are being pushed close to stall, and which have extra margin for control. This makes it remarkably stable on an approach.

However, the biggest thing that differentiates F-35 form any previous generation is the integrated nature of the sensors/avionics. While it may have similar speed and turn radius to current gen fighters, it can coordinate from farther distances, and do so orders of magnitude better then current aircraft. For example, the sensors automatically analyze signals (radar returns, EMI, ect.) to determine what target it is facing. Then, once it is detected, it passes the threat on to the rest of the squadron including targeting info. And, it can pass that lock data to other systems and remotely guide ship launched missiles, or missiles from other airborne platforms.

Is it expensive? Yeah, but its also not just one airplane. The program is expensive because it is 3 entirely unique airplanes that happen to share a similar look, and some parts. Each variant is completely unique, and has had their own development challenges. And the early days of the program were not managed well. For the most part, the program is back on track. In fact, the first F-35As will be receiving their block 3F software this month with full warfighting capability, including tracking moving targets, gun functionality, and a variety of other additions.

Comment

Well that wasn't a long wait after all, LOL. A Freewing 70mm BAE Hawk.

Comment

Ah yes, the battle of FMS vs. Freewing continues... Should be a solid performer though. The 70mm F-16 was great! Only think I don't like is the tiny wire struts.

Comment

The battle of the same airframes definitely continues. Hopefully an 80 or 90mm F-18 is next assuming the pattern continues between both.

Comment

Bravo for having digital servos, nylon hinging, glueless assembly, and a lighting system on a 70mm jet. The lighting is lightweight, and provides great detail and some better orientation too. Looks like two color schemes are available as well, gray and red, which is nice. Optional suspension struts too. :Cool:

Hopefully more 70mm jets will follow suit with those features. The 80mm A-4 should have had a lighting system too, as well as a nose gear door.

Comment

I recently found this good interview that was posted back in April with former F-100 Super Saber pilots that got a chance to fly the Hun again. What got my attention was what one of them said at 3:40 about how it took special skills to fly the F-100.
                            So this goes out to those that wish there was and RC F-100 to know what they would be in for if there was one. LOL

Comment

That is a powerful and extraordinary video. So much said without words; so much expressed without hype.

Thank you for posting up this truly incredible piece of humanity.

God bless all who pass through harm's way.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty500 View Post
                                A 80mm or 90mm Hawker Hunter would be my pick.

Would suit grass capable landing gear and there are plenty of cool schemes to choose from too as this was used by a large number of air arms around the world. A great companion model for the Sabre and Mig21 as well.

All ready produced by another company.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktrooper View Post

For me...out of the current top-10...the Swedish AJS-37 Viggen and the American F4 Phantom...in that order.
                                  I would like to add the XB-70 to the list. Also, with the fighters, I'd prefer them in the 64mm size, as the field I fly at is small. There used to n]be lots of 64s when I started, but they're either gone or not available in the US.

Comment

I still have a NIB FMS Rafale but would love to see one in the 64mm Freewing quality that could fit a 2200 4S pack with functioning canards. 64mm Phantom would be nice but so would anything British in the 64 size as well. A 6S Raptor or Phantom from Freewing would definitely make me jump to the 6S line.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

All ready produced by another company.
                                      would love a hunter!!!
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I would like to add the XB-70 to the list. Also, with the fighters, I'd prefer them in the 64mm size, as the field I fly at is small. There used to n]be lots of 64s when I started, but they're either gone or not available in the US.
                                        I second that XB-70!!!!
                                        Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post

I second that XB-70!!!!
                                          Third!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X