Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Loaded Matt Medium thinned 50/50 with Windex and then brush painted or airbrushed on. You won't find a flatter finish.

Here's the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EBNK14..._XGXnAbRAFDFG4

It will lighten the overall finish somewhat because of its opacity but you can just tell people it's "scale effect." ;)

Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
    I'll Start
    You can absolutely paint over the Stock Finish .
    Home Depot "Samples" , can color match anything. about 4 bucks a jar for premium "flat" or Gloss.

So.... I have been researching this too. I have some refinishing experience but there are some truly gifted modelers here. Chris from RC Geek comes to mind. I believe he clear coats " Gloss" B4 Burnt Umber Washes then Flat coats.
    Polly Acrylic come to mind as a clear and it comes in Matte and Gloss. The Matte is still not as flat as I would like, So I am going to give the Krylon Flat clear a try.

Comment

• ORDERED! Ty! :-)
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Haven't had any time to fly, so figure I'll perpetually work on the A-4, haha! I got the 3d printed Mk82 install sorted out on the outboard pylon over the weekend and added some scale flair to the external tanks as well. I'm liking the looks with the external stores! Now it just needs a multi-ejector rack with a 6 pack of bombs on the centerline. I've already started the CAD for those, so hopefully I'll have a first prototype printed sometime next week.

Oh, and I'll have the 1/9 scale mk82 3d printed kit up on my website next week too for anyone interested. I need to overhaul the shopping cart which I plan to do next week and so will be adding the bomb pair kit at the same time.

Chris
        http://thercgeek.com
        http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Looks awesome Chris! 3D printing is really going to help modelers add some nice scale fidelity to their models.
          Pat

Comment

• Awesome work! I've been slowly working on getting a triple ejector rack for the A10 modeled for printing, and had a similar idea to attaching the ordinance with eyelets.

Comment

• Does anyone have the dimensions for the LAU-10/A Zuni launcher? The best I have found is that it is 98" long in the shipping configuration, including the shock pans.

I never realized that the launcher came "pre-loaded". Add the warheads and you're ready to go.

Comment

• I've been making some progress on the MER. I still need to draw the pylon and determine how I intend to attach it to the airframe. Given the amount of ordnance, I'm thinking I'll probably embed a couple plywood hardpoints on the belly and then screw the pylon in place. The MER rack will attach the same as the bombs with a rack and swaybrace setup in the pylon and then a wire engaging some "lugs" (eyelets) to hold it on. Here are a couple screen captures.

Chris
                http://thercgeek.com
                http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Looking good Chris. I am making mine "old school" with 12 of your dad's Mk. 82's. Going with 2 MER's which I will make similar to yours. The bombs are a lot of work but very light weight. Slow going but a good winter project. I am seriously looking into a 3D printer though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171026_232902.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	109766

Comment

• Great Work Steve ! Here's a money making idea I just came up with. Make ball point pens out of those MK-82's. Would sell like hotcakes !
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• That would be pretty cool.

Comment

• Was down in Sarasota Fl doing some flying with Bill and Steve and they each had the A-4 What a nice ship I can see one of these taking up some room hanging from rafters, when they come back in stock.

Comment

• Few photos of my A-4, some great shots from my Buddy Jay

Comment

• Very photogenic model and a good camera man. :Cool:
                            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                              Very photogenic model and a good camera man. :Cool:
                              I agree bill34207

Comment

• Where did you guys find the bombs and racks. These look so awesome. I am still working on my A-4.

Comment

• Jet Hangar Hobbies sells bomb kits. I have just two more to put together. I will be custom making my own MER's. Chris, the RC Geek, is 3D printing his. The ones from JHH, while pricey are very nice and extremely light but they take time to put together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171228_161407.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	110654

Comment

• I flew my A-4 for the first time yesterday.I'm glad I read about the excessive aileron throws before I flew it. I started at 15mm for the ail and it was still too much, I can't imagine what the recommended high rates are like. I settled on 11mm and it still rolls pretty quick. My CG is at 190mm and seems about right.
                                    The plane has a slight wiggle (or snake) in a straight line. I painted the gear white and added a little (non scale) nose gear door. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Comment

• Is any one using a gyro with this board? If so, did you by pass the board? I want to use an Eagle Tree and not sure how to do so using the control board.

Comment

• I would also be intrested to hear from any one using a gyro with the board,

Comment

• I am using a Hobby Eagle A3L. Come off the board with Aileron, Elevator and Rudder into the gyro and with the provided male to male leads from the gyro to receiver per the wiring diagram. Simple. The board just eliminates the need for Y-harnesses.

Comment

Working...
                                          X