Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have thought of putting a gyro in mine. It really doesn't need one though. I currently have over 60 flights on it. The wind knocks it around a bit but its manageable. If you fly in the wind a lot, then a gyro might help.

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I'm running a Taranis S8R rx which has the gyro built-in. Running it through the board with no problems. It does smooth things more to my liking... especially in 15mph winds. With this short coupled aircraft, I think it's a plus.

Comment

• Does the A4 have the same power as the Avanti S 80mm. Avanti has power to spare. Much better than the 90mm FW F16 and T45.

Comment

• The A-4 has excellent vertical as well. From what I have read the power systems are the same. My Avanti (bought as an ARF Plus) has the Mig 21 unit with metal spinner but think the newer Avanti & A-4 fans both have plastic spinners. (My A-4 has a plastic spinner)
          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Good power. When other bigger 90mm planes could not get off the grass at eWeek, the Scooter had no trouble. Good climb out too. I love my Scooters.....

Comment

• Comment

• Finally got my A4 together. This was a cool project to work on. Now, own to the B 24.

Comment

• No pics... would love to see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
                    Does the A4 have the same power as the Avanti S 80mm. Avanti has power to spare. Much better than the 90mm FW F16 and T45.
                    I love my A4 but I’m afraid she’s no match to the Avanti S. At least speed wise. Fly with the Avanti guys and get smoked every time. Lol .
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I'm beginning to think Freewing must have changed plastic suppliers for it's retract housings. I had a less than ideal landing with mine last Sunday and bent the strut connector pin. Finally got around to pulling it out last night to change it out and found the retract housing had cracked. (Badly at that).
                      I checked spare parts and according to Motion's site it's the same as used in the Stinger 90, 90 mm F-15, T-45, etc. I have had lots worse landings with the T-45 that bent the pin but did not damage the retract unit itself. Luckily, I had a spare one for the Stinger 90 on my shelf so installed it and went on with it.
                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

I love my A4 but I’m afraid she’s no match to the Avanti S. At least speed wise. Fly with the Avanti guys and get smoked every time. Lol .
                        But the A4 beats the fantasy sport jet in COOL factor, hands down. Not even close. IMO.

Comment

• I bought the A-4 from MRC last night and it has already shipped this AM! I am going to do the Royal New Zealand Air Force scheme... Kind of excited but I have a ton of projects going now, so it may have to wait a little! That will give me time to find the correct paint colors and have them matched. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                            I bought the A-4 from MRC last night and it has already shipped this AM! I am going to do the Royal New Zealand Air Force scheme... Kind of excited but I have a ton of projects going now, so it may have to wait a little! That will give me time to find the correct paint colors and have them matched. :Cool:
                            That will be cool! Can't wait to see it

Comment

• I love A4 and especially this one with the Bon Homme Richard decals, I served on her 1966 as a radarman and watched many A4 launch from her to north vietnam.

Comment

• Originally posted by wfusick View Post
                                I love A4 and especially this one with the Bon Homme Richard decals, I served on her 1966 as a radarman and watched many A4 launch from her to north vietnam.
                                Welcome to the Squawk and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! for your service to our wonderful country Sir!!!! Many Blessings to you!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

That will be cool! Can't wait to see it
                                  I am excited about the paint job!! And thank you Sir for your service as well!!!!! So thankful to be here in Texas and the USA!!!! Just wow with blessings!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    Good power. When other bigger 90mm planes could not get off the grass at eWeek, the Scooter had no trouble. Good climb out too. I love my Scooters.....
                                    So, are you flying the Blue Angels one yet Steve?
                                    Hopefully there'll be some video coming from that !

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

So, are you flying the Blue Angels one yet Steve?
                                      Hopefully there'll be some video coming from that !

Grossman56
                                      Hey Dan. I have not yet had the opportunity to maiden it yet due mostly to the weather. Got it done just in time for Winter. LOLI also have a new 90mm F-15C on 8S ready to go as well and will soon have an FMS 90mm Super Scorpion too. If you can't fly 'em t least be buying an building 'em.

Comment

• Was able to get a few of the Blue Angles out to our flying field here in Utah tonight. #3 had to wait at home due to IX-12 Re-maidens of 6 birds.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4923crew View Post
                                          Was able to get a few of the Blue Angles out to our flying field here in Utah tonight. #3 had to wait at home due to IX-12 Re-maidens of 6 birds.
                                          Nice work.

Mike
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X