X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hey Dan. I have not yet had the opportunity to maiden it yet due mostly to the weather. Got it done just in time for Winter. LOLI also have a new 90mm F-15C on 8S ready to go as well and will soon have an FMS 90mm Super Scorpion too. If you can't fly 'em t least be buying an building 'em.
    I hear you, just waiting for the weather to smarten up, upgraded motors on the Tigercat, Tomahawk and P-51, rebuilt F8F and a new 1600 mm Spitfire to fly!!
    BTW, when you were flying your MiG at Nefi, everyone, including me, was blown away with the afterburner. I know you said what it was, but I can't remember, can you pass that along, do you have a picture of it, it was the most realistic AB I've seen yet, I'd like one for the Avanti and the F-16 that will be gracing my doorstep in then next little while...

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• We had an overcast day here in Ohio, so these pictures aren't great. Wanted you all to see my winter project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

and the F-16 that will be gracing my doorstep in then next little while...

Grossman56
        Hey Steve..............looks like Gman has caught the jet bug this winter instead of the flu...........LOL
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• First George, now Gman.... mwuahahaha! The centerburner I have on my Mig-21 came from AirJon over on RCGroups but he has since turned it over to Chris Wolfe (The RC Geek) who plans to market them. Not sure how much longer that might be but would certainly be worth inquiring with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
            We had an overcast day here in Ohio, so these pictures aren't great. Wanted you all to see my winter project.
            More info on your TA-4J pleeez!

Comment

First George, now Gman.... mwuahahaha! The centerburner I have on my Mig-21 came from AirJon over on RCGroups but he has since turned it over to Chris Wolfe (The RC Geek) who plans to market them. Not sure how much longer that might be but would certainly be worth inquiring with him.
              I actually contacted him back in November and he was thinking the units would be available in January. I'd imagine there's been a snag or two as I haven't seen any updates on his site. Hopefully they're available soon. If I remember correctly the first unit available will be for 80mm outrunners and he'll be taking requests to see which type of unit will be produced additionally (e.g., 90mm outrunner, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

More info on your TA-4J pleeez!
                Boots, tried to model it after this TA-4J at the Estrella Air Museum in Paso Robles, CA. Added a "to scale" 28" foam plug to the fuselage for the stretch. The canopy is made of the kits original canopy with a shaped foam block in between the ends. Callie Graphics of course! I still need to hook up all of the control surfaces and balance it.
                Scott

Comment

Boots, tried to model it after this TA-4J at the Estrella Air Museum in Paso Robles, CA. Added a "to scale" 28" foam plug to the fuselage for the stretch. The canopy is made of the kits original canopy with a shaped foam block in between the ends. Callie Graphics of course! I still need to hook up all of the control surfaces and balance it.
                  Scott
                  Very nice job. :Cool:

Comment

Very nice job. :Cool:
                    Thanks Steve. I was certainly inspired by your Blue Angels conversion, and some of Chris the RC Geek's how to videos.
                    Scott

Comment

• Very cool TA-4!!!! Mine came in yesterday, and I can’t wait to start the paint job. RNZAF low-vis scheme...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        Very cool TA-4!!!! Mine came in yesterday, and I can’t wait to start the paint job. RNZAF low-vis scheme...
                        Thanks Hardway! Hoping the orange and white scheme will be easier to see. My grey A-4 kicks my behind, especially on the downwind leg before landing. Low viz RNZAF scheme will be very cool, but I couldn't hack it! Can't wait to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hey Steve..............looks like Gman has caught the jet bug this winter instead of the flu...........LOL
                          Oh yeah, a real jet junkie, I have one so farLOL
                          I liked the look of the Arctic Camo and the price point is great as well.
                          Waiting for the next prop bird as well. I'm hoping for a 2000 mm B-17 to match the Liberator, you never know. I'd still love to see a DC-3 in that scale, in old AA livery (Flagship Texas) and I'd chance divorce to get the first one off the line.
                          I'll have to check with RC Geek because that was incredibly realistic looking, thanks Steve!!
                          CB, ov10ov10 'nuff said!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks Hardway! Hoping the orange and white scheme will be easier to see. My grey A-4 kicks my behind, especially on the downwind leg before landing. Low viz RNZAF scheme will be very cool, but I couldn't hack it! Can't wait to see it.
                            I will do it mostly scale, but on the bottom, I will have some bright orange wing tips to help guide me!!!! LOL Love this hobby. It has sure come a long way in the past 35 years. Amazing actually. And really great people!!! Blessings to all of you guys!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I will do it mostly scale, but on the bottom, I will have some bright orange wing tips to help guide me!!!! LOL Love this hobby. It has sure come a long way in the past 35 years. Amazing actually. And really great people!!! Blessings to all of you guys!!! :Cool:
                              It should look really good when you are done. :Cool:

Comment

• This may not be the appropriate place to ask this, but do any of you know where I could find a set of plans for a Midwest A-4?

Comment

• Not the Midwest kit's plans but might be helpful

Also check modelaircraft,org in the plans service. They have some discontinued kit plans, but they can be a bit difficult to search when looking for something that specific.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Thanks! I will look at both.

Comment

• Made a functional tail hook ! I’ll post a video when my Servo extender comes

Comment

• Hey Geek have you contacted Midwest Products, they’re still in business I believe and may be able to help. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                          Hey Geek have you contacted Midwest Products, they’re still in business I believe and may be able to help. Good luck!
                                          Thanks Boots, I will try that also.

Comment

Working...
                                          X