Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope to make it over that way one day. Actually you guys are not really that far from me.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Great ! You can see what we have going on here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...owball-express

Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike are coming ! And the Raffle? It's killer.

Cheers,

Dave
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I have flown the Freewing A-4F for several flights now. I really like it, had to tone down the flight control surface settings quite a bit from what the manual said, especially the ailerons, but that seems to be a common thread here. Regarding the large drop tanks, I did one flight with them on at my altitude (5,800 MSL) and just about lost the airplane, I found it to be very sluggish and it even stalled once when I used a "normal" cruise power setting. I'm not sure if I will try them again at my local field, although I might try adding the Bullpup missiles which shouldn't have as much drag as the tanks. I was hoping to fly it with the drop tanks on a regular basis, but my first experiment with them was doubtful. If any of you guys flying out of high altitude airports have any comments from your flights, I would like to read them.

Comment

• Just a little walk around my "hawk." https://youtu.be/nyUAo2zz080

Comment

• Very nice work !
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Very nice! Panel lines are subtle, and nice detailing on the Bullpups and wing tanks!
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                I have flown the Freewing A-4F for several flights now. I really like it, had to tone down the flight control surface settings quite a bit from what the manual said, especially the ailerons, but that seems to be a common thread here. Regarding the large drop tanks, I did one flight with them on at my altitude (5,800 MSL) and just about lost the airplane, I found it to be very sluggish and it even stalled once when I used a "normal" cruise power setting. I'm not sure if I will try them again at my local field, although I might try adding the Bullpup missiles which shouldn't have as much drag as the tanks. I was hoping to fly it with the drop tanks on a regular basis, but my first experiment with them was doubtful. If any of you guys flying out of high altitude airports have any comments from your flights, I would like to read them.
                Just wanted to let you know that the drop tanks and sidewinder missles from the 90mm F-16 will fit the A-4, they are a lot smaller than the huge tanks that come with the A-4 and the sidewinders are smaller than the bullpups, this may help you with your high altitude and you can still have your A-4 loaded up. Just wanted to say also that my A-4 flew great with everything on it but when I touched down on the mains, my left main hit just a little before the right and the left drop tank fell off knocking the bullpup off with it, I had heard before that a high AOA would hit the drop tank and they do hit, found that out, no damage but some of you might want to keep this in mind if coming with your AOA little high. It's better to land a little flat I guess with the drop tanks on, I'm changing mine to the 90mm F-16 drop tanks, a lot smaller and shorter so bring on the high AOA. It also looks mean with the drop tanks from the Mig 21 too.....:)

Attached Files

Comment

• Umm...that's not a sidewinder (ordnance police ;)). But hey I love those supersonic tanks. I believe the A-4 I saw doing airshow stuff had tanks like those.

I wish there were some Zuni's and Mk82's with racks. Does anyone know where to find something like that?

Comment

• My bad, your right, my sidewinders are still on my F-16 wingtips.....:Cool: AIM-120 AMRAAM............?.:)

Guys, I added some nose weight to my A-4, even with my Gensace 5000 45C and I moved my control board forward and cut some foam out to get my batteries even more forward, added maybe an ounce of lead weight, flies and lands so much better, it likes nose heavy, flies great, 10 flights now and she is getting close to my liking, I have cut the elevator throw way back along with the ailerons and it is very stable.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                      Umm...that's not a sidewinder (ordnance police ;)). But hey I love those supersonic tanks. I believe the A-4 I saw doing airshow stuff had tanks like those.

I wish there were some Zuni's and Mk82's with racks. Does anyone know where to find something like that?
                      I am biting the bullet and getting some Mk. 82's from JHH. 1/10th scale but they look great. I will make my own LAU-10/A's

Comment

• Trying to remember where I got my MK-82 racks but I think it was from the A6 . Modded it to fit the A-10. Why ? I don't know. Looks cool though.

Comment

• My bird launched and flew like a dream with the Admiral 6s 5000. On our grass field, the 90mm jets have trouble. The 80mm jets seem to just not care. Especially the ones with 60mm wheels.
                          Anyway, I think this A-4 is just about perfect as far as fun factor, looks, and power. I love a super scale plane. But I love to fly more. These 80mm jets are perfect for a field like ours. The 90mm series not so much. When I get my repairs made I will get some video up to show what I am talking about. Hopefully that will be Saturday or Sunday if the brown truck comes today

Comment

• Test flight and final inspection complete...
                            Got a few sorties scheduled for tomorrow at 0900 hours...

Comment

My bird launched and flew like a dream with the Admiral 6s 5000. On our grass field, the 90mm jets have trouble. The 80mm jets seem to just not care. Especially the ones with 60mm wheels.
                              Anyway, I think this A-4 is just about perfect as far as fun factor, looks, and power. I love a super scale plane. But I love to fly more. These 80mm jets are perfect for a field like ours. The 90mm series not so much. When I get my repairs made I will get some video up to show what I am talking about. Hopefully that will be Saturday or Sunday if the brown truck comes today
                              Congrats.. Freewing got the 80mm Jets right for Grass ops.. Nice & light ..Too much Bling on current crop of 90mm makes for a Porker & amp hog detracting from suitable Rotation off Grass field..Hopefully Freewing will take a step back & lessen the loads off the 90mm Jets & offer much lighter versions..

Comment

• These 80mm units have a lot of power for their size. I hope Motion and Frewing continue with more 80mm types

Comment

• Covered the cheater on my A-4. I actually pulled the grate out and covered the opening with 3mm depron. Needs some finishing, and then paint, but It's smooth now!
                                  Pat

Comment

These 80mm units have a lot of power for their size. I hope Motion and Frewing continue with more 80mm types
                                    Yeah. A twin-80 F-4 Phantom would be awesome! :)
                                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      Yeah. A twin-80 F-4 Phantom would be awesome! :)
                                      Grass field operations and you sold another plane or two here...lol...:)

Comment

• Would you guys try and land on this tall grass?

Comment

• The new FMS Tigercat nose gear would set this thing off....just saying.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X