Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a lot better at landing her. Over the last 2 days, clocked in 14 flights. My tape seems to be holding up. No signs of stress or tearing. Fingers crossed they don't develop! I'm really loving this plane!

Comment

• I finished my reinforcement of my Hawk. I went with the bamboo skewers with lite ply plate over them and the seam. Going to try and maiden her today.

Comment

• Finished up my Hawk. Took the grey and converted it to Centenial screaming eagle.

Comment

• GOOD LOOKIN BIRD post your pics on pic o the day in prop planes my thread

Comment

• I just got a notice from USPS that my Hawk gear upgrade will be here today. Are there any youtube videos on installation, or can anyone point out trouble spots?

Comment

• Motion just recently posted a gear upgrade video..

Comment

• On their website?

Comment

• On their website?

Comment

• Thanks RCjetdude, found it. Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by moxjett View Post
                      I finished my reinforcement of my Hawk. I went with the bamboo skewers with lite ply plate over them and the seam. Going to try and maiden her today.
                      I have dozens of flights on mine but went ahead and did an inspection today after reading about the possibility of the fuse splitting. I can see the concern. Luckily I didn't see any separation or beginning signs of stress. But as a precautionary, I first ca'd the joints. Then I installed some re-enforcing mesh tape and applied Foam tac over it. Rubbed it on. Should be okay.
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

I have dozens of flights on mine but went ahead and did an inspection today after reading about the possibility of the fuse splitting. I can see the concern. Luckily I didn't see any separation or beginning signs of stress. But as a precautionary, I first ca'd the joints. Then I installed some re-enforcing mesh tape and applied Foam tac over it. Rubbed it on. Should be okay.
                        Could you post some pics of what you have done ?? Going to do the same with mine

Comment

• I’ll post a pic of the material I used.
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Hey guys! This is probably the best EDF out there. I've got about 15 flights on it now, and it's my new favorite. This plane flies great and it will do any aerobatic maneuver you throw at it. It's stable and quick. Really a home run with this plane.

if you're thinking about it, go for it. Can't be beat.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Mesh Tape.JPG Views:	2 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	106672

Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post

Could you post some pics of what you have done ?? Going to do the same with mine
                              April,

Here's a pic of the mesh tape I used. I think it's called Fibra tape. Seem to recall getting it at Ace hardware or Home Depot. It's got a mild sticky backing but not strong enough to hold anything. After first wicking in some thin CA to the joints, I cut and applied some strips of this tape to the inner and outer walls where these joints are located. I then rubbed-in some Foam tac all over the mesh with my finger. It's pretty darn secure IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                Hey guys! This is probably the best EDF out there. I've got about 15 flights on it now, and it's my new favorite. This plane flies great and it will do any aerobatic maneuver you throw at it. It's stable and quick. Really a home run with this plane.

if you're thinking about it, go for it. Can't be beat.

+1 . It is for the money, that's for sure. Can't really go wrong. Got in a few flights today using the Admiral 6S 50C 5000mah. I do think she fly's a little better without the oil tank . Lots of nice comments from the peanut gallery

Hawk

Comment

• Installed the admiral gyro RX today. Pretty easy setup and set on gains to around the 10oclock position .

Just need weather to fly now

Comment

• my bird gray ver

Comment

• Being an old mechanic, and not much of a modeler anymore, my tools are a little large for the gear upgrade.
                                      Can anyone shed some light on the hex size for the job?

Comment

• Hex? Do you have a set of small Allen wrenches for the grub screws ? I just grab a few and feel around for the one that fits. No order to it. My Dad, who was a mechanic in the war, would tell me " You're about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle" LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by welshman View Post
                                          Being an old mechanic, and not much of a modeler anymore, my tools are a little large for the gear upgrade.
                                          Can anyone shed some light on the hex size for the job?
                                          Hello Welshman,

The standard on these ARF's nowadays is metric. Even the US car manufactures are moving away from the SAE fasteners.
                                          A good quality set of 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm and 4mm Allen/Hex drivers should do you.;)
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X