Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 70mm BAe Hawk T1 Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
    these come with all flightline and freewing planes
    Thanks a lot hotrod!

Comment

• I have a FMS 70mm inrunner that i'm going to drop in the ARF. (2860KV1850) i'm still not savvy with inrunner vs outrunner, but seeing that it has a lower kv than the FW outrunner, will it be a little underpowered?

Comment

• Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post
        I have a FMS 70mm inrunner that i'm going to drop in the ARF. (2860KV1850) i'm still not savvy with inrunner vs outrunner, but seeing that it has a lower kv than the FW outrunner, will it be a little underpowered?
        I would not recommend such a change. Your motor has 20% less RPMs than the recommended. It will hard to just throttle down a bit. If you are a very good pilot, probably you will be able to fly without having something like an on/off throttle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richrfl View Post

I would not recommend such a change. Your motor has 20% less RPMs than the recommended. It will hard to just throttle down a bit. If you are a very good pilot, probably you will be able to fly without having something like an on/off throttle.
          Completely wrong.

I put the FMS 70mm in runner into mine and it flies awesome! The power of the inrunner is more than the outrunner in general. I believe the increase is 10-15% more than the stock Freewing setup. Plus the FMS 70mm inrunner's max amps is 60a compared to the freewing 70a. You can enjoy longer flight times!

To get it to fit, I left the leading edge lip off and was able to squeeze it in. It also sounds better than the freewing stock setup! Go ahead and drop it in!!! All my 70mm freewing edf's have the FMS 70mm inrunner EDF set ups!!!

Comment

• Awesome!

cant wait to get mine in so I can get it in the air.
            Originally posted by GregC540i View Post

Completely wrong.

I put the FMS 70mm in runner into mine and it flies awesome! The power of the inrunner is more than the outrunner in general. I believe the increase is 10-15% more than the stock Freewing setup. Plus the FMS 70mm inrunner's max amps is 60a compared to the freewing 70a. You can enjoy longer flight times!

To get it to fit, I left the leading edge lip off and was able to squeeze it in. It also sounds better than the freewing stock setup! Go ahead and drop it in!!! All my 70mm freewing edf's have the FMS 70mm inrunner EDF set ups!!!

Comment

• My mobius camera stopped recording about 1 min into the flight. I think my mobius camera is dying. Luckily the camera didn't record my awful landing. Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by GregC540i View Post
                https://youtu.be/TcEqZYo7tYM

My mobius camera stopped recording about 1 min into the flight. I think my mobius camera is dying. Luckily the camera didn't record my awful landing. Enjoy!
                nice flight! what size packs are you using and where do you have them mounted in the tray? I have a few 3300's and a couple 4500's

Comment

nice flight! what size packs are you using and where do you have them mounted in the tray? I have a few 3300's and a couple 4500's
                  I'm running the Roaring Top 6s 5800mah 35C batteries at 780g each. Without the camera on the tail, the battery is all the way back. With the camera on the tail, the battery is quite a bit forward. My CG is just aft of the line on the main wing.

I also can run the 4500mah Roaring top 45c 6s batteries and they too are all the way back. The plane is much more nimble with the lighter 4500's. Mind you, I'm running a slightly heavier EDF: the FMS 70mm in runner. Regardless, the CG is what it is.

Comment

I'm running the Roaring Top 6s 5800mah 35C batteries at 780g each. Without the camera on the tail, the battery is all the way back. With the camera on the tail, the battery is quite a bit forward. My CG is just aft of the line on the main wing.

I also can run the 4500mah Roaring top 45c 6s batteries and they too are all the way back. The plane is much more nimble with the lighter 4500's. Mind you, I'm running a slightly heavier EDF: the FMS 70mm in runner. Regardless, the CG is what it is.
                    thanks for the info! I'm lookin forward to getting mine up. I was suggested Hobbywing skywalkers for ESC's after my Yak-130 pretty much lawn darted itself because of ESC failure. (of course no support from horizon) and i didnt realize HW is factory Freewing lol. I'll be running this with a skywalker 80A and a FMS Inrunner 70mm

Comment

thanks for the info! I'm lookin forward to getting mine up. I was suggested Hobbywing skywalkers for ESC's after my Yak-130 pretty much lawn darted itself because of ESC failure. (of course no support from horizon) and i didnt realize HW is factory Freewing lol. I'll be running this with a skywalker 80A and a FMS Inrunner 70mm
                      The Freewing BAe comes with a Hobbywing 80a esc stock. I've had nothing but great success with Hobbywing ESC's. I've had some heat up so much that the hot glue I used to secure them melted, but the plane didn't brown out or anything. Of course I changed their location for better cooling and then they were perfect!

Comment

• What a great plane. This is my third EDF, graduating from my FW Stinger (HP) and my A-4 Skyhawk. After reading this forum I pushed the throttle and placed an order. My first landing was a bit hard and the resulting bounce off the runway onto the grass ended up with a bit of nose gear bend (using the stock struts). Repaired and returned to the field today and flew 4 great flights with 4500 mAh batteries. Perfected my landing technique and found the stock struts worked great on grass landings. Definitely planning to buy a gray bird once there are back in stock for a T-45 paint job thanks the assistance of GregC540i.

Comment

• Finally got my Hawk clear coated, also fit the fuselage reinforcement pieces I got from Motion.
                          MrD, what flight times are you getting with the 4500mah battery?

Comment

Completely wrong.

what are the inrunner specs? are they the factory inrunners that come with their EDF line?

Comment

what are the inrunner specs? are they the factory inrunners that come with their EDF line?
                              Yes they are stock for their 70mm line. 1850kv i think.

Comment

Yes they are stock for their 70mm line. 1850kv i think.
                                I flew mine today and learned about high speed elevator stalling it. lol definitely made the butthole pucker a little. Also need to work on my landings. This thing is SUUUUPER bouncy.

Comment

• Customized my base gray T1 Hawk....

Comment

• Very nicely done SixOne!

Comment

• Outstanding work SixOne!

Comment

• Great job Ant! So when is the maiden?

Comment

• Thanks, Ant!

As you probably know....Waiting for decent weather here. :)

Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                          Great job Ant! So when is the maiden?

Comment

Working...
                                          X