X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
    I don’t my own this one, but I follow this thread from time to time. Man, I didn't know the Hawk could move like that. It’s screamin’!
    Come on over and fly mine. Love it. In fact, it’s now my go-to plane. I have a 2200kv 14b edfhobbies combo in mine. Mine even smokes the Avanti’s. Lol Get a lot of ooh’s and aah’s from the peanut gallery
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• hawk is that a 4 or 6s fan? know what u mean about your go to plane love mine also

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Come on over and fly mine. Love it. In fact, it’s now my go-to plane. I have a 2200kv 14b edfhobbies combo in mine. Mine even smokes the Avanti’s. Lol Get a lot of ooh’s and aah’s from the peanut gallery
        Yep, gotta come check it out. Let me know when you're headed to the field again. When's the B-24 maiden? We need another B-24 maiden video. Not enough of them out there. Sorry, wrong topic on this thread.

Now back to our regular programming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
          hawk is that a 4 or 6s fan? know what u mean about your go to plane love mine also
          Ron,

6S. Running with a 6S 50C 5000mah Admiral. Taking on all Avanti pilots ! LOL
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I went to Maiden my Hawk the weekend before last and right after takeoff (5-10ft off the ground) I lost everything all at once, no motor, no ailerons, nothing. I watched my Hawk smack back down into the dirt. When I walked to it and flipped it over, I immediately looked at the Rx and it had no lights on whatsoever and I had no response from anything on my transmitter. I disconnected the battery and plugged it back up, still nothing and no lights. I ended up just putting it back in the truck and went on with my flying day. When I got it home, I decided to do some diagnosing of what happened. Plugged in a lipo and still, nothing from the rx, as if it was getting no power at all from the ESC. I disconnected the throttle channel and plugged in a life rx battery and the rx powered up and I had control from all the surfaces. Took the rx battery out and plugged the esc throttle channel back in and once again, no lights coming on from the rx. Tried the life battery again, rx powered right up. So at this point, I concluded the ESC (UBEC) failed.

I contacted MRC and explained what happened and I filled out their questionnaire. They asked for me to send the ESC in, so I pulled it from the plane and sent it into them. Got a response from them that the ESC tested fine and they were sending it back and there would be no help on the crashed plane. I, unfortunately, did not mark the ESC in any way so I'll have no idea if I get the same ESC back or not. I continued to share my frustration with MRC about my issue and they eventually offered a gift card to help with the cost of replacement parts. Either way, I am left with a crashed plane and don't really know if I even want to spend the money to repair it. I am so frustrated with it, I'm close to yanking the electronics from it and tossing it and writing it off as a loss and a lesson learned. In the end, I would still have a model with repaired foam, touched up paint, and an ESC I cannot trust and will be at least another $50 deep into a repaired plane that will not look anywhere near as good as it used to. Still very frustrated with the situation and bummed this happened to me on such a nice model. Brand new plane with the $45 upgraded retracts smacking the dirt right in front of me while all I can do is watch and cringe.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
              I went to Maiden my Hawk the weekend before last and right after takeoff (5-10ft off the ground) I lost everything all at once, no motor, no ailerons, nothing. I watched my Hawk smack back down into the dirt. When I walked to it and flipped it over, I immediately looked at the Rx and it had no lights on whatsoever and I had no response from anything on my transmitter. I disconnected the battery and plugged it back up, still nothing and no lights. I ended up just putting it back in the truck and went on with my flying day. When I got it home, I decided to do some diagnosing of what happened. Plugged in a lipo and still, nothing from the rx, as if it was getting no power at all from the ESC. I disconnected the throttle channel and plugged in a life rx battery and the rx powered up and I had control from all the surfaces. Took the rx battery out and plugged the esc throttle channel back in and once again, no lights coming on from the rx. Tried the life battery again, rx powered right up. So at this point, I concluded the ESC (UBEC) failed.

I contacted MRC and explained what happened and I filled out their questionnaire. They asked for me to send the ESC in, so I pulled it from the plane and sent it into them. Got a response from them that the ESC tested fine and they were sending it back and there would be no help on the crashed plane. I, unfortunately, did not mark the ESC in any way so I'll have no idea if I get the same ESC back or not. I continued to share my frustration with MRC about my issue and they eventually offered a gift card to help with the cost of replacement parts. Either way, I am left with a crashed plane and don't really know if I even want to spend the money to repair it. I am so frustrated with it, I'm close to yanking the electronics from it and tossing it and writing it off as a loss and a lesson learned. In the end, I would still have a model with repaired foam, touched up paint, and an ESC I cannot trust and will be at least another $50 deep into a repaired plane that will not look anywhere near as good as it used to. Still very frustrated with the situation and bummed this happened to me on such a nice model. Brand new plane with the $45 upgraded retracts smacking the dirt right in front of me while all I can do is watch and cringe.
              Jameson,

You didn't use a plug adapter between your battery and the ESC did you?

I use all deans connectors on my batteries and as you know, the Hawk uses an EC5 connector.

I got an adapter for my deans equipped batteries and I had the same thing happen to me (on the ground luckily), an intermittent connection between my battery and the ESC.

Turns out it was the adapter.

I decided to buy new batteries for the Hawk with EC5 connectors.
              Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Originally posted by vdanger View Post

Jameson,

You didn't use a plug adapter between your battery and the ESC did you?

I use all deans connectors on my batteries and as you know, the Hawk uses an EC5 connector.

I got an adapter for my deans equipped batteries and I had the same thing happen to me (on the ground luckily), an intermittent connection between my battery and the ESC.

Turns out it was the adapter.

I decided to buy new batteries for the Hawk with EC5 connectors.
                No. All my 6s lipos are EC5. I only use deans on 4s and down.

I tried two lipos at the house once I got back there and nothing would send power to the ESC. Only way I got it to power was from a Life Rx pack.

Comment

• this jet is a real crowd pleaser...flew 2 times today had other pilots remark about how fast it is and looks so good...and this was the the one with the 4s set up...my 6s t1 to t45 hasent gotten into the rotation yet lol finally finished all except duel nose wheel,,,parts ordered lol

Comment

• As always it was an absolute honor to buy from motion rc. I purchased the grey version of the BAE Hawk and painted it in the navy centennial color scheme. Took about 40 hours or so worth of work but the pay off is amazing.

Comment

• Looks very good Aaron. Well done and welcome to HobbySquawk!

Comment

• Very cool! Welcome!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Very well done Aaron, and welcome aboard!

Comment

• Nice rendition Aaron! I also converted the BAE Hawk to a Navy T-45 Goshawk and applied the "Redhawks" squadron markings using sightly modified Callie Graphics. I added the Freewing upgraded main retracts and a Hobby King aluminum dual wheel nose strut. A Freewing LED was also mounted to the nose strut. The canopy was removed and scale details added to the cockpit. To avoid alligatoring of the black surfaces on the fuselage, they were first coated with Z Poxy finishing resin before the primer and paint were applied. The Z poxy also provided a smooth semi-hard shell surface. Other changes included the addition of main gear doors, horizontal stab sub wings, stationary speed brakes , a rear dorsal fin and tail hook. The fences on the wing were also removed. Testors spray enamel ( White Primer, Gloss White, Bright Red, Gloss Black & Flat Black) was used on the finish.

After completion the plane only weighted 4 oz more than the factory listed weight without a battery. I will be using an Admiral (Lemon) 6 ch RX with integrated gyro and a Admiral 6S 4000 battery.

Comment

• Wow, that is super impressive, tip of my cap to you Sir!

Comment

• Navy, you did an amazing job with that airplane! Would love to get some details from you as to what you did with the cockpit detailing. I have the materials to detail the cockpit but I’m not sure exactly how to go about it. This is the first foam plane that I have schemed so I love learning as much as I can from the rest of you.

Comment

• hey navy u have a link to that nose wheel? been looking all over for a dule gear..also did it bolt right in or a lot of work needed I have never painted any plane before and lost paticence when I started out with the wrong type of paint but it turned out ok..i call mine a stand off model t45...stand off 5 feet and its a nice paint job...you and arrons planes are out standing...

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments guys.

Aaron------ I didn't do a lot of REAL scale detail to my cockpit. The main thing I always do first with a foam plane is make an attempt to eliminate future "alligatoring" of the foam from heat build up under the canopy. In the past I have sheeted the inside surfaces with 1/64" plywood, which works great but is quite a bit of work. This time I tried something new. I coated the canopy tub with Z Poxy fiberglass finishing resin. This creates a smooth hard shell which can be primed and painted. It took a whole lot less effort than the plywood method.

The instrument panels were printed off of online photos of the full scale T-45 cockpit and simply cut to size and glued in place.

Ron------- I just checked the Hobby King website and I can't locate the 3 piece aluminum strut set that I ordered. I know in the past they have gone in and out of stock, The set was a great value as the price was around $18. I will periodically check with HK during the next few weeks to see if they show up again and let you know if they do.

Comment

• thnks navy took mea while but think this is the link to what I need as u said they are out of stock lol I was very disappointed

Comment

• Ron-----that's it, but what's with the crazy pricing?????!!

Comment

• i don't price it just try to buy it but as usual out of stock

Comment

Working...
                                          X