Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really love the YAK 130. Running it on Admiral 3300 6s with an A3-L gyro and it is just a lot of fun... I have the BAE in the box, so I can't make a fair comparison...

Comment

• Originally posted by LAIR202 View Post
      Im debating between getting the bae hawk or the yak 130 70 mm. Both ARF, i know asking on the hawk forum might have a bit of bias but oh well. What do you guys think? They are both the same price.
      Before the Hawk came out I was considering the Yak until Alpha had recommended the Hawk being a better EDF for beginners. Which by the way is a newer design. So the Hawk is still on the top of my list so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAIR202 View Post
        Im debating between getting the bae hawk or the yak 130 70 mm. Both ARF, i know asking on the hawk forum might have a bit of bias but oh well. What do you guys think? They are both the same price.

Hi LAIR202, welcome to Hobby Squawk! I led the development team for both the Freewing 70mm Yak-130 and the Freewing 70mm Hawk T1. I think both are great fliers, so you'll find pilots rightfully having a preference for one or the other. If I had to choose between the two however, I would recommend the Hawk T1. Compared to the Yak-130, the Hawk T1 is newer so it incorporates newer features, has LED lights built in, has more battery space and a wider range of position to hit CG, has a wider stance for easier taxiing and less prone to tipping over, and it's slightly more of an "on rails" flight experience than the Yak-130 (the Yak can tend to wobble/dutch roll in certain conditions).

That being said, the Yak-130 is also a good choice. It can be flown with a 3300 up to a 4500 and takes the weight well. It can also be hand tossed, and doesn't have an aux inlet.

Either way, you'll have fun!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Awesome! Thank you guys for the advice!

Comment

• I was playing around on RC Castle and found an inrunner version of the hawk on there. Comes with this edf: https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7558
            I believe that is the same unit they are putting in the new F16 Pro High Performance as well. I have always loved the way my hawk flies but always wanted a bit more thrust and speed. Anyone have any input on this unit? Thanks!

Comment

• Got my gray version today. I am very impressed so far. However, I do have a question. I noticed there is a pack of clear hinges. Are you guys installing these? I did not see anything in the instructions referring to these.

EAA# 1366802
              AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Hi forum members,
                I just got mine ARF last night and looking into ESC's and impellers. Can anybody recommend a good compromise between price and performance?
                I had the EUFI V2 as a PNP model with the stock motor and thought that the equipment was not sufficient. Thus I have gone for an ARF this time, knowing that I would have to pay a bit more but wanted to select some proper components.
                Anybody with experience that can help me?
                BR, Harald

Comment

• Hi forum members,
                  I just got mine ARF last night and looking into ESC's and impellers. Can anybody recommend a good compromise between price and performance?
                  I had the EUFI V2 as a PNP model with the stock motor and thought that the equipment was not sufficient. Thus I have gone for an ARF this time, knowing that I would have to pay a bit more but wanted to select some proper components.
                  BR, Harald

Comment

• Hi forum members,
                    BR, Harald

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                      Got my gray version today. I am very impressed so far. However, I do have a question. I noticed there is a pack of clear hinges. Are you guys installing these? I did not see anything in the instructions referring to these.
                      I don't recall getting any in my red version. Nice to have though I guess. What scheme are you going to put on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harald Horn View Post
                        Hi forum members,
                        BR, Harald
                        IMO the stock setup is more than powerful enough using a 4000mah 60C unless your looking for unlimited vertical or blinding speeds. There's a post a couple up from yours mentioning a new inrunner setup on RC Castle that may be what your looking for. I've put a couple of their 80mm high performance setups in various planes with pretty good success.

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post

What scheme are you going to put on it?
                          Gonna do the traditional orange/red and white.
                          Attached Files

EAA# 1366802
                          AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Good choice!

Comment

• Bought a T-1 to install my DS30 (70mm) fan into. Decided to clean up the ducting a bit by making an extended splitter plate. I lowered the esc and made a filler plate to extend the ducting back and still provide goid cooling to the esc.

Comment

• Really pleased with clear finish I applied really
                                makes the color pop. Doing the radio install tonight. Using a CC BEC 2.0, Jeti tx and Aura 8 FCS.

Comment

• I LOVE this jet!

Comment

• Question about the blue box the servos are connected to. Plugging everything in and I end up with an Gear wire with no place to plug it into. The front gear and servo are already preinstalled in 2 slots on the right side, leaving 1 slot for the 2 main gear servos. My first thought was a Y connection but that doesn't seem right. All slots on the blue box are full but I have an extra gear wire, how did any of you solve this?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bellke;n174482]Question about the blue box the servos are connected to/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I went on and used a Y connector then after talking to someone at the field who also had one, his came with a Y connector. I kept thinking one would have been included if I needed one. Silly me.

Comment

• Hey guys, I see on the Motion website this Hawk is listed at a sale price, they’re not going to discontinue it are they?
                                        I was hoping to pull the trigger on one later this year but I don’t want to miss out.

Comment

• Hallo,hätte mal ne Frage zu Rasenstarts! Ist die Bae Hawk dafür tauglich?
                                          Würde mir gerne eine zulegen,aber wir haben nur einen Rasenplatz.

Comment

Working...
                                          X