Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought out all my Arctic Camo girls for a photo op... (90mm F-16, 80mm A-10, 105mm F-16)
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros, Thanks for your response. Those are a nice collection of Snow Camo!
      I was able to assign the brakes to my "I" channel on AUX 1. Works great! On the "I" channel, don't have to worry about forgetting to turn them off.
      Also, I viewed this video which was very helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BxKpnLZJQk John Noonz Airborne RC He explained it pretty good!😎
      Again, thanks!

Comment

• Glad it worked out for ya!
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros, while I have your attention,
          1.) May I ask on the F-16, I've been looking for hits on how to adjust the afterburner so that it not always on. When I throttle up, yes it goes brighter but throttle all the way down it continues to light up slightly. Where do you make this adjustment? On the control box, I went into #12 but it doesn't allow any adjustment??? Well other than turn on/off. I have my throttle in port RO6. Again, using the Spectrum DX8 G2 transmitter.
          2.) Who else sells the Y-harness as I'm not able to connect the ESC up as the only place I know is RCJETWERKS which is out of stock... I'm ready to cut out the bullet plugs off the ESC and just go with EC5 connections but not trying that yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rjmusic View Post
            Aros, while I have your attention,
            1.) May I ask on the F-16, I've been looking for hits on how to adjust the afterburner so that it not always on. When I throttle up, yes it goes brighter but throttle all the way down it continues to light up slightly. Where do you make this adjustment? On the control box, I went into #12 but it doesn't allow any adjustment??? Well other than turn on/off. I have my throttle in port RO6. Again, using the Spectrum DX8 G2 transmitter.
            2.) Who else sells the Y-harness as I'm not able to connect the ESC up as the only place I know is RCJETWERKS which is out of stock... I'm ready to cut out the bullet plugs off the ESC and just go with EC5 connections but not trying that yet.
            I had the same issue on an older V2. Posted the same question and was told to take the throttle trim all the way to 0 then recalibrate the ESC. It worked for me. Not sure if it works for the newer models though.

Comment

• Yeah unfortunately it does not work for these newer V3 versions. I tried it and no go. Boo!
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

[USER="80"]
                You can make your own, the connectors are called AS150 you can get them on eBay or even Amazon. The reason I like them is because of they are anti-spark.

Comment

• Hopefully get to maiden my V2 8S 1080KV JF 110 tomorrow or Friday!

Comment

• If I am not happy with it, I might order the new 12S system

Comment

• Yes that's the one I just got, 12S. Well I just called my local hobby store and I'm going over there for him to make up one for me. AS150. (I also see them on e-bay for 8.00 bucks.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post
                        Hopefully get to maiden my V2 8S 1080KV JF 110 tomorrow or Friday!
                        Good luck on the maiden!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Good luck on the maiden!
                          Thanks! Last one didn’t go so well. I got the FW T33 and had it all ready to go. I normally put the nose gear steering on a separate channel and mix with a second mix to the throttle that reduces the nose gear range when the throttle is advanced to help over correcting. It works great. For some reason I decided to get cute and put the steering on a knob (DX18) which meant I had to reverse that servo. This was really last minute and I had already done a control check. Somehow I ended up reversing the ailerons while I was in that menu and didn’t catch it. Well you can imagine how that ended! LOL!! I have the take off on video but my son stopped filming before the crash. It was pretty epic and I definitely would have entered the crash contest. Totally my fault, but as I always say crashing is part of the hobby. At least part of mine!

Comment

• DOH!! Ah man, sorry to hear that! Yeah reminds me of one of my favorite sayings in the hobby: "If you ain't crashin' you ain't flyin'" lol...
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros, while I have your attention,
                              I couldn't make it go out after trying the recalibrate several times. I added a transmitter controlled switch to completely kill the A/B lights when my throttle was down below a preset level. Works good if you have a Turnigy switch laying around. Open connection to wire on terminal L01.

Comment

• HaroldAnderson, HSDJETS finally got back to me. They stated and I quote: " HSD changed the design somewhere in the early jets assembled this year. Some go all the way out if you calibrate the throttle with low trim, some don't go out.." I will try that, but now that I got my Y harness made and connected I'm trying to get the motor to come on. Right now my throttle is plugged into R06. (not working, just beeps) I'm going to try port R12 and see what happens. Now by running the receiver into R12, R12 is a pass thru. Therefore you have to connect AUX 06 (left side) to the ESC. (According too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BxKpnLZJQk ) We'll see!😌

Comment

• I just placed an order for one of this. I should be able to plug the AB light to it and then use a spare channel mixed with throttle to turn power on/off so to control when the AB light comes on. It should work, I seen a post of someone doing this.

Comment

• The issue with the AB light can’t be worked around if the MFC is programmed wrong. I’ve tried. It don’t matter what the transmitter mix is, the MFC will only respond to the programming with in the MFC. The only way would be to bypass the AB from the MFC and use a signal/power from different source. I think the electronic switch method is the only option.
                                    I don’t know why HSD will allow you to have the Navigation lights set up in a switch but not the AB.

Comment

• It's definitely an oversight from HSD. They haven't thought out the AB very well IMO. If you're going to have AB as an amenity on the model, make it easily programmable for the customer. Just makes sense.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Gave the exhaust a new color....I did this to my first HSD F-16...I like the contrast and "pop" with the Arctic Camo scheme...I noticed some of the full scale Aggressors have this bronze/gold exhaust and I just dig it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	goldexhaust.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	258788
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Excited. I found out that a local RC club has recently acquired usage of a full scale airfield. It has unlimited unobstructed airspace left or right on the runway (low approaches either way). No major obstructions...Even the trees north of the field are far enough away to not propose any real issues in normal flight. The grass is a bit longer than I was hoping but my contact told me today that the club plans on mowing the grass down 100 feet to the left of the stations and 100 feet to the right of the stations with a commitment to maintain the grass. This makes me super stoked! It may just be what I have been waiting for all along. Open airspace with low approaches for this jet. While it's not perfectly ideal (only a putting green or smooth pavement would be), it may be the best option I have in my region to fly without issue. They have a grass fixing party on the 28th I will likely join. Super excited!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ramsfieldpano1.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	259926
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X