X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fishface5 View Post
    I contacted motion thru there chat function and asked if it getting redesigned and the person said no
    I have contradictory info on that subject.

Let's wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishface5 View Post
      I contacted motion thru there chat function and asked if it getting redesigned and the person said no
      🙄 Rolls eyes.

Comment

• You will all be pleased to know
        I am out of here,. So I will not annoy you any more
        ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          I agree it's time for MRC to say something. FreeWing themselves don't say anything ever but historically MRC has been pretty good.

We, the people that bought and fly the MiG have been the beta testers on this one and, as GG says, have identified possible weaknesses and shared our fixes. But I feel these are band aides and that there needs to be a true fix to how the big MIG flies. At over $700 for the plane and TVs it's a big budget item for most.

Either way good communication is good customer service. If FreeWing thinks there really isn't any problem (that the upgraded servos didn't fix) then have their distributors make a statement and release it for sale.
          That's true. But it still is the modelers responsibility to make sure the model was properly assembled at the factory. Also. If any obvious deficiencies are noticed, the modeler should make appropriate adjustments. I for one removed over ten feet of excessive servo wire. This will create a large voltage drop when servos are under a load. Many other changes as well.
          4QR1HU9N7

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
            Due to Xviper slagging me off on this forum I will be deleting this forum from my computer I want nothing more to do with this forum
            ​​​
            Tata...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	mad hatter.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	306349

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              I agree it's time for MRC to say something. FreeWing themselves don't say anything ever but historically MRC has been pretty good.
              I tend to agree, even if it is a status update without conclusion. I routinely get called by customers in my business demanding a status explanation, and dead silence would not be an option, even if I don't have the complete answer they're looking for. It is kind of normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                OK Xviper I am not getting into slanging match with you unlike you I respect people's views. You say I am not fit to fly the Mig 29 and will do heavy landing etc
                OK, just a fact for you. The Tornado. Fighter was multi million pound aircraft, well the British Government trusted me to fly this aircraft for 8 years
                while I was in the RAF. What is the most expensive aircraft you have flown?????
                Due to Xviper slagging me off on this forum I will be deleting this forum from my computer I want nothing more to do with this forum
                ​​​
                You've likely unsubed from this thread but so others can see ..............................................
                I've decided to delete my comments as I don't want to continue this and I don't feel I owe anyone an explanation. I was only trying to save you a lot of grief had you purchased this plane. In that sense, I'm going to tell you what I believe you want to hear.

Yes, this is a perfect plane. It worth every penny. It has no glitches and any that have been reported are likely flukes and due to the imagination of those crashing them. It's a terrific model and will give you years of enjoyment with no buyer's remorse. It's not pricy if it's really what you want. Get one as soon as it comes back into stock. Have fun with it.

Comment

• Comment

• And she is no more... One moment without proper thought and disaster. I flew a normal flight and went to land. On downwind I flipped the gear switch. Without thinking, I then flipped the flap switch. The plane immediately pitched down out of control with no effect from the elevators. My normal procedure was to lower the gear and wait until the plane had slowed to approach speed before lowering the flaps. This time I just didn't do the right thing.

This is the second major crash due to the planes "interesting" aerodynamics. I'm done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210401_160955290.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	306791

Comment

• It's more of a structral issue but then again... sorry for your loss.
                      Hope the MiGs from the next batch have improved on this aspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                        Without thinking, I then flipped the flap switch. The plane immediately pitched down out of control with no effect from the elevators.
                        Sorry to hear of this. What a mess! So we can learn from your misfortune, did you go full flaps or 1/2 flaps first? Also, did you have any kind of deployment slowdown on the flaps or did yours instantly go to position?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                          It's more of a structral issue but then again... sorry for your loss.
                          Hope the MiGs from the next batch have improved on this aspect.
                          Sorry to disagree, but this sounds much more like an electrical issue as I've been saying all along. If he was running everything thru the BB and it is limited to 5.1V, he probably overloaded the system with both gear and flaps running... and elevator! Lose voltage with all these operating simultaneously and you will lose elevator authority. I'd like to know if his system was stock or what.
                          Last edited by nuts-n-volts; Apr 1, 2021, 05:13 PM. Reason: forgot quote
                          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

And she is no more... One moment without proper thought and disaster.. . . .
                            That sucks.

I hope the afterburner survived.

Comment

• Man that sucks! Sorry for your loss radfordc.

It was perfect weather here. Mid to upper 60sF and almost no wind with the exception of passing thermals.

Took 1/2 day of time bank...couldn’t stand it. Got in almost 7 hours and 30 flights / mix of MiG, F-4 and P-38. Next several days are forecast to be windy, so I took advantage of today to the max.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                                Sorry to disagree, but this sounds much more like an electrical issue as I've been saying all along.
                                They add up.

Comment

• So sorry to see this. I know how much work you put into it.

Comment

And she is no more... One moment without proper thought and disaster. I flew a normal flight and went to land. On downwind I flipped the gear switch. Without thinking, I then flipped the flap switch. The plane immediately pitched down out of control with no effect from the elevators. My normal procedure was to lower the gear and wait until the plane had slowed to approach speed before lowering the flaps. This time I just didn't do the right thing.

This is the second major crash due to the planes "interesting" aerodynamics. I'm done.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20210401_160955290.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	306791
                                    That's brutal...You pooped in your pants...Expensive....

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      Sorry to hear of this. What a mess! So we can learn from your misfortune, did you go full flaps or 1/2 flaps first? Also, did you have any kind of deployment slowdown on the flaps or did yours instantly go to position?
                                      I went to full flaps with no delay. The jet pitched down immediately and I only realized what was happening about a second or two before impact.

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                                        I'd like to know if his system was stock or what.
                                        Stock everything except the elevator servos. I used Hitec HS-425BB servos there.

Comment

• “Stock everything”...,does that include the wires driving the 425BBs? Or did you install a larger gauge wire when you upgrade to the 425BB servos?

Bypass the BB with elevator? Stock push rods?

Thanks for sharing so we can better understand.

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                          X