Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've used mostly 640, 830 and 870g packs in the MiG (4000-5000mAh).
    For the most part, I think the jet does better with 4000mAh packs. There's about a 500g difference in total weight. That's huge in terms of thrust to weight ratio.
    The handling changes noticeably too. That said, the MiG will lift and carry +800g packs gracefully, so it makes sense to use them, but be careful with landings as they put more strain into the LG foam housings. I wouldn't go higher than 840g packs one way or another.

Comment

• Thank you both for the info, a set of 4000mAh ordered.
      Does a set of instructions exist to bypass the MCE-B? I have seen enough reports of them possibly being the cause of crashes to not want one in the mix.
      I made a custom board for my OV-10 but suspect the Mig will require a few different connections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gizmo6023 View Post
        Thank you both for the info, a set of 4000mAh ordered.
        Does a set of instructions exist to bypass the MCE-B? I have seen enough reports of them possibly being the cause of crashes to not want one in the mix.
        I made a custom board for my OV-10 but suspect the Mig will require a few different connections.
        The MCE-B was a convenient scapegoat early on.

Funny how these MCB-E problems went away when stronger servos were installed, don't you think?

Comment

• There go some more fun flights! ^^

Comment

• Is there a list of the recommended mods or a post # that has all the important ones? 6K + posts to dig through looking for this info is taking forever

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

The MCE-B was a convenient scapegoat early on.

Funny how these MCB-E problems went away when stronger servos were installed, don't you think?
              Seems that the MCB-E has been a suspect in several airframes besides the MIG-29, I would rather be safe than out a bunch of cash.

Comment

Is there a list of the recommended mods or a post # that has all the important ones? 6K + posts to dig through looking for this info is taking forever
                Having lost a MiG due to high alpha lock, at the top of my list would be adding the vectored thrust kit. This mod pretty well makes that aerodynamic quirk go away. If you bought the version with the VT mod installed, you are ahead of the game.

Then follow the suggested guidelines on CG set-up.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Having lost a MiG due to high alpha lock, at the top of my list would be adding the vectored thrust kit. This mod pretty well makes that aerodynamic quirk go away. If you bought the version with the VT mod installed, you are ahead of the game.

Then follow the suggested guidelines on CG set-up.

-GG
                  Thank you,
                  I bought the version with TV installed so that mod is out of the way already.

Comment

Thank you,
                    I bought the version with TV installed so that mod is out of the way already.
                    Good deal. Others will no doubt chime in, but set her up by the manual with CG being the exception (I don’t recall how much farther aft of mark).

She’s super easy to land. Enjoy!

-GG

Comment

• A lot of people suspect a lot of things that are simply good. That said many do bypass several things that have no real need to go through the MCBe.

Originally posted by Gizmo6023 View Post

Seems that the MCB-E has been a suspect in several airframes besides the MIG-29, I would rather be safe than out a bunch of cash.
                      Setup by the manual with CG about 2cm aft of book is a good start. I really like tailerons on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        A lot of people suspect a lot of things that are simply good. That said many do bypass several things that have no real need to go through the MCBe.

Setup by the manual with CG about 2cm aft of book is a good start. I really like tailerons on mine.
                        Over the years I've had more Y cables fail than blue boxes or MCBEs. All you do is replace one possible source of failure with another. Plus you add the possibilty of user error if the replacement involves programming your transmitter to duplicate a function of the box.

Comment

• Hey all,

Has anyone installed the new 12-Blade EDFs with the 2150kV motors?

If so, how does the new 12-blade compare to the proven but original "Fan-favorite" power system using the 1920kV 9-Blade OEM?

Thanks in advance.

Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• I purchased the MiG power system (ESC’s, fans/motors) to install in my FW 80mm F-14. I have everything installed, but I cannot get the non BEC ESC to calibrate. It just does the single beep every second or so. The BEC ESC calibrated just fine and works great. I first did the calibration (throttle stick full) plugging both batteries in at the same time. The BEC ESC calibrated immediately, while the non BEC ESC just did the single beep. I then tried just powering the receiver with a receiver pack and plugging in only the non BEC ESC to the throttle channel. Same result, just one beep. I tried with trim all the way down and all the way up, nothing. I tried increasing the travel volume, no help. Lastly I plugged in the Skywalker 80a non BEC ESC that came stock in the plane and tried that. It calibrated immediately just as the 100a BEC ESC had. So at this point I am out of ideas and figure I got a dud ESC. Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?
                              Thanks in advance

Comment

• Sounds like you’re doing everything right…

Comment

• Today's the turn for the 'big sister'...

Comment

Working...
                                  X