Clear All

• Not me!

Comment

• Me either. Sticking how?

Comment

• w00t ^^

Comment

• Comment

• You’ve got this bird dialed in big time!!!

Good catch on landing number one.

-GG

Comment

• I have been investigating the thrust deal since you told me about it and I know that the red star comes out that way so I have been thinking about getting one of them I don’t think that I would feel comfortable in installing one on the mig that doesn’t have it on it . Thank you very much for letting me know about that and also sending me the video. Thank you!

Comment

• Well sure I don’t mind telling you that info I know your just think that I am quite dumb or something else but I just want one and I do think that I am smart enough not to be sound arrogant or anything probably just more stupid than anything but I do not own a plane and this will be my first but I thought with a little help from the club I will eventually learn how to do it..

Comment

• Hi Charles,

Thanks for being up front. Others will hopefully chime in. The best advice is SLOW DOWN. Keep your desire to own a MiG, but you need to get some “other” EDF jet plane experience under your belt.

Use the experience of the experts as a guide. The worst thing you can do is buy a MiG and not have success.

As a first time plane, you will have a tiger by the tail. Big, heavy, fast, high alpha stall lock….all of this demands experience to handle.

Others hopefully will jump in and suggest a good solid EDF first jet to learn on and one that won’t bite you like the MiG can.

Also, consider locating and joining an RC club nearby. The instructors will offer good advice.

Good luck,
                  GG

Comment

• Charles Buddy, don't do it. I say this, not because i think youre dumb but because i think you don't have the full picture to understand. Let me help you out of kindness.
                    This might be the worst first plane. Maybe the worst first EDF. Someone with low hours of flying would have trouble flying and landing the Mig in the best of conditions. If you have the money to potentially throw away, get an F22. Ideally the 64mm one. Fly that until your thumbs hurt.
                    A Mig 29 as a first plane won't last very long. It's not a personal judgment, its more of just plain fact for anyone.
                    Treat yourself right and learn on something less expensive and easier to fly. Most of us have. I still fly the easy ones, it's fun.

Comment

• Thank you for being honest with me I will get me a trainer plane and fly it for a while till I have a club member that has the ability to fly one of these planes and maybe then by next year I will be ready to learn to fly the mig I don’t want to not receive it when it comes I would like to keep it in the box till maybe next year I will then still have it and not be able to get one and loose the chance of being able to have one.. Thank you!

Comment

• Yes, if you really like something get it. You never know when it will be discontinued and odds are it would be more expensive next year. When I started RC I had to have a DR-1 Tri-plane, I had already had a free flight and a control line one. I bought the kit and it sat for 3-4 years before I built it and then another year until I flew it. I still have it, 44 years afterwards, still fly it occasionally..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Triplanes.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	457.8 KB
ID:	379343

Comment

• I second everything said.
                          Get the jet, but work your skills and confidence with some other aircraft first.
                          PC simulators are also your friends, they will allow you to speed up the learning process a lot, and they are still useful when you become a veteran pilot.

I usually recommend to begin with something like a glider, then transition to a cheap aerobatic prop plane (all foam).
                          This maximizes flight time (experience) by virtue of being easy to repair aircraft that also fly a lot of time (8-20 min compared to the 3-4 min of an EDF) at the cheapest cost possible.
                          Once you are confident flying aerobatics, you are good to go with jets. There are other ways, sure, 'many ways to skin a cat' as the saying goes, but if you want to be successful, it does pay off to work your way up 'smartly' instead of jumping straight to lesson ten. It's not impossible, but chances are you'll fail, waste money and time in the process, get frustrated and abandon the hobby. Which is the opposite of what the goal is, for you to fly and enjoy this fantastic bird! :D

So just arm yourself with a bit of patience and start enjoying and learning today, to prepare yourself for whatever it is you want to end up flying ^^

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                          You’ve got this bird dialed in big time!!!
                          Well, there is still a lot of room for improvement, but we are finally coming to terms with each other, so to speak!

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                          Good catch on landing number one.
                          Thanks!
                          Probably my slowest landing with this jet so far! :D

Comment

• Evan D that is a sweet DR-1 collection!

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

• I really worked hard on finding someone to help me to start to learn to fly with small planes he has been in the Lexington flying club for 40 years. He has a mig and he said he loves to fly it but said that there is no way that I could fly it for a long while. He is going to start working with me and I just have to order the right plane to start with flying.

Comment

• Well done!
                                  The journey begins!

Comment

• I just received it yesterday and I couldn’t wait to get it out so I got it out admired it a little bit then put it all back in hopes that someday soon I will be able to get to put it together so I can fly it!

Comment

• Charles, that’s cool - I’m sure it’s motivating to see it in hand. Don’t forget, even your simplest trainer will give you massive joy when you learn to fly it! And more joy when you learn to fly it well. I have been flying RC since age 8 and now over 40 years later I still LOVE to fly simple aircraft in addition to things like MiG-29’s also. Keep at it, fly the sim on the side, ask questions and read up a lot. This hobby can last a lifetime and you will always be learning and challenged. This joinery is like a marathon, not a sprint :) Only different, because it’s way more enjoyable than running a marathon!

Comment

• Well I am every disappointed with the mig-29 my granddaughter fly ti twice and the 3 time the Elevator linkage bend so is there any linkage that will be strong

Comment

• What bent?

Comment

Working...
                                          X