Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE F22 IS A GREEAT FLYING JET. I didnt really like it until I chiseled out alot of foam from inside to make rrom for 10s batteries. Now I like it. I have the new mig 29 0n the way but now im scond guessing the rather expensive thrust vectoring plane. Im really bummed about the su35 being scraped. Still my favorite jet for all around fun. Big mistake for freewing to not update the su35 remake the molds and release another lightweight eps foam jet. Nothing on the market competes with the su35 for all around performance and fun. Going to have to lighten up the mig 29, ditch the missile junk, cut lots of foam out from where I can and replace those fans with some lighter more efficient fans.

Comment

• Can you post a picture of your chiseled out battery area please? The area is so big as it is and I easily fit 10 and 12S in mine. Plus the side walls are not that thick to allow much removal.

On the MiG-29, the plane itself is very large and heavy. I don't think specifically lighter fans will help but as you note lighter and more efficient may. Jet Fan or other high end carbon shroud fans with efficient fans but that would be expensive on an already costly (and in my opinion not that great flying) plane.

Comment

• Here's an idea for all you performance-hungry Mig-29 owners: Cut away the old engine pods under the wings and 3D-print new, slightly larger thin walled engine pods, all the way from the inlet to the exhaust, making room for a 90mm system with thrust numbers at 8.8kg/10.6kg with the new V2 Freewing 6S/8S system

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Can you post a picture of your chiseled out battery area please? The area is so big as it is and I easily fit 10 and 12S in mine. Plus the side walls are not that thick to allow much removal.

On the MiG-29, the plane itself is very large and heavy. I don't think specifically lighter fans will help but as you note lighter and more efficient may. Jet Fan or other high end carbon shroud fans with efficient fans but that would be expensive on an already costly (and in my opinion not that great flying) plane.
          Like I said im second guessing my purchase, kinda got thrown into it after I was told su35 is no longer made. I will give it a try with new fans and ssome hotter 2100kv motors. I doubt I will like it. I think ive come to a dead end in regards to edf jets. JUst stick with my f22 and avanti. The f22 is fast on 10s but it was much more aerobatic on 6s but it was a dog on thrust. No way to beat it i tried. The avanti is bad ass for just turning and burning, really cool jet to fly. I wish there was some other options forr performance trick jets. Im sitting on a new f18 blue angels that nobody wants to buy, that was a waste of money for me and I hope the mig 29 doesnt dissapoint. Ive really been turning my attention to large 3d planes from flex innovations, super nice large and powerful planes and my buddy in florida just bought the 90mm f16 with thrust vectoring from them and he says its the best jet ever witth 8s performance

Comment

• I tried 6,8,10 and 12 in my F-22 went back to 8s Jetfan set up. But I added TVs too.

Comment

I tried 6,8,10 and 12 in my F-22 went back to 8s Jetfan set up. But I added TVs too.
              I liked the 8s for trickery flying but it was just a little lacking on thrust. I even went onto 9s which was great but went with a even 10s which is good fro thrust aand speed but okay fro trickery as it creates so much power and weight it takes forever for plane to settle down

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post
                my buddy in florida just bought the 90mm f16 with thrust vectoring from them and he says its the best jet ever witth 8s performance
                I don't think Flex makes an F-16 with TV. The one they do make is $8000.00 and is a turbine.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  I don't think Flex makes an F-16 with TV. The one they do make is $8000.00 and is a turbine.
                  its not a scale f16 its a flex jet 90mm with thrust vectoring. kinda looks like a f16 tbirds. its pretty cool looking

Comment

• With his posts and answers he's made to my replies here and the F/A-18C thread I've stopped responding to Mr Bird.

Originally posted by xviper View Post

Comment

• On the new Red Star livery of this MiG-29, are the white areas painted white or are they bare foam?

Comment

With his posts and answers he's made to my replies here and the F/A-18C thread I've stopped responding to Mr Bird.
                        You're right. I've noticed that about him - not a nice person. I have a FlexJet and I know what it is. It is NOT an F-16. I'll not respond to him again either. (I'm wondering who dbird1 was and if he got banned before.)

Comment

• He may be a great person. Just I find it difficult to communicate with him... But then I know I can be difficult too.

Comment

• Can't we all.

Comment

With his posts and answers he's made to my replies here and the F/A-18C thread I've stopped responding to Mr Bird.

you boys on the high horse from hell what a joke. Ive read many of your responses to others and most are not from a place of kindness, but from a place my way or the highway and xviper youur the worst. airgurdian asks me about the batteries I use aand I say thunder power and you have to be little the choice of batteries, taking a very narrow minded response. I dont remember asing you about my battery choice. However if you could fly smack 3d helis you would know they rock. Try it someday it may humble you a little.

Comment

You're right. I've noticed that about him - not a nice person. I have a FlexJet and I know what it is. It is NOT an F-16. I'll not respond to him again either. (I'm wondering who dbird1 was and if he got banned before.)
                                I trust my buddies opinion on the flex jet more than you, why? cause hes one of the best 3d heli pilots in the world and we use foam planes and jets as a escape from the contest style practice of 3d flying which is by far the most difficult hobby in the world, using the best precision equipment made. you attack me and you get attack back. Sure i state my opinion on some jets I do not like but I would never ever jump on someone elses happyness for what they like, I will leave that stuff up to you, your good at it. lol

Comment

• IGNORE list is a wonderful thing.

Comment

• I just wanted to be sure of my mig 29 as I am pretty stoked about it with thrust vectoring. Ive had some recent doozies with the f18 and a4. You 2 dudes need to learn that your opinion is not the only opinion on how to do things. Instead of talking down to people, try talking to people. People like you scare new pilots away from the hobbies and you got a long history of attacks and condescending remarks. I have 30 posts on here, not here much but Ive had 3 people message me about not engaging you two, especially xviper.. facts dont lie just go back and look at the postss from you guys. I did.......

Comment

IGNORE list is a wonderful thing.
                                      thank you

Comment

• Well, maybe not so great.

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        He may be a great person. Just I find it difficult to communicate with him... But then I know I can be difficult too.

Comment

• You quoted me when you made this post. Go back and look at it. I didn’t say anything about your battery choice, your flying, anything. I did say I found it difficult to talk to you as I asked about your F-22 set up and opening up your battery area and your response didn’t have anything I was asking about. I was even standing up for you and said I can be difficult too and then you start the smack, your word, about 3D and 700 helos (I have them too btw). I’m sure you can fly helos better than me though, I stopped pushing myself with 3D helos years ago.

Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

you boys on the high horse from hell what a joke. Ive read many of your responses to others and most are not from a place of kindness, but from a place my way or the highway and xviper youur the worst. airgurdian asks me about the batteries I use aand I say thunder power and you have to be little the choice of batteries, taking a very narrow minded response. I dont remember asing you about my battery choice. However if you could fly smack 3d helis you would know they rock. Try it someday it may humble you a little.

Comment

Working...
                                          X