X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    You quoted me when you made this post. Go back and look at it. I didn’t say anything about your battery choice, your flying, anything. I did say I found it difficult to talk to you as I asked about your F-22 set up and opening up your battery area and your response didn’t have anything I was asking about. I was even standing up for you and said I can be difficult too and then you start the smack, your word, about 3D and 700 helos (I have them too btw). I’m sure you can fly helos better than me though, I stopped pushing myself with 3D helos years ago.

did you actually read the words. If you did you would of known I mentioned xxviper as the one, not you!

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

did you actually read the words. If you did you would of known I mentioned xxviper as the one, not you!
      I fly jets and planes cause its very relaxing and easy compared to helis and much less expensive. Crash a foam jet scrap it and buy a new one.

Comment

• I agree. Same for crashing a built up balsa or composite plane.
        Going back to our first exchange, do you have pictures of how you chiseled your F-22 battery area and can you tell me what batteries you used? Again I’ve flown mine 6,8,10 and 12s and had no issues fitting batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
          On the new Red Star livery of this MiG-29, are the white areas painted white or are they bare foam?
          It's Painted

Comment

• Maiden the Red Star Mig today. Very easy to see with red and blue scheme.

Flew it without thrust vectoring. Few clicks of up elevator and right aileron and she was locked in without a Gyro.

Very good looking plane in the air or on the ground. Received a lot of compliments!

Next flight coming with thrust vectoring!

Comment

• Originally posted by TGoelzer View Post

It's Painted
              That’s fantastic news. Thanks! If it were unpainted, it would have been taking two steps forward by including TV installed and a new paint scheme, and one step back if leaving the white parts unpainted.

Comment

You quoted me when you made this post. Go back and look at it. I didn’t say anything about your battery choice, your flying, anything. I did say I found it difficult to talk to you as I asked about your F-22 set up and opening up your battery area and your response didn’t have anything I was asking about. I was even standing up for you and said I can be difficult too and then you start the smack, your word, about 3D and 700 helos (I have them too btw). I’m sure you can fly helos better than me though, I stopped pushing myself with 3D helos years ago.

****. that was directed at xviper. That dude be littles any chance he gets. Very ignorant dude. Everyone has their opiniions on hobby stuff and unless someone asks for help or advice its best we limit our opinions to our own posts. JUst like I mention tp batteries are my favorite for raw power, xviper for ignorant reasons decides to post jump and basically tell me they are crap. They are not crap, he even mentions smc batteries, which I say I will give them a try and see what I think. Personally i dont think smc batteries in my heli will be good, like most. Those new fly by night battery companies have never been able to make my 700 size heli sing in smack 3d. THey may be good in jets but imho nothing comes close to a tp rampage battery in helis for smack 3d

Comment

• Originally posted by TGoelzer View Post
                  Maiden the Red Star Mig today. Very easy to see with red and blue scheme.

Flew it without thrust vectoring. Few clicks of up elevator and right aileron and she was locked in without a Gyro.

Very good looking plane in the air or on the ground. Received a lot of compliments!

Next flight coming with thrust vectoring!
                  lucky. I was supposed to get mine thursday but fed ex dropped the ball once again so monday is the day. Cant wait to throw my vbar neo on that thing and rip. Did you fly with and without missiles and if so was it a big difference.

Comment

I agree. Same for crashing a built up balsa or composite plane.
                    Going back to our first exchange, do you have pictures of how you chiseled your F-22 battery area and can you tell me what batteries you used? Again I’ve flown mine 6,8,10 and 12s and had no issues fitting batteries.
                    I just used a dremel with sanding bit and started to sand down for about 1 hour. IN this jet im using 2 5s hrb batteries. They have to be placed with one sitting far back and one that sits forward to achieve good cg. they are too wide too sit even side by side and get a good cg.

Comment

• Yeah those are a bit large and heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

lucky. I was supposed to get mine thursday but fed ex dropped the ball once again so monday is the day. Cant wait to throw my vbar neo on that thing and rip. Did you fly with and without missiles and if so was it a big difference.
                        Flew it without Missiles. I've heard from a friend that owns the digital camo. That it just flies a little slower with the missiles attached. No other difference on how it flies.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          You're right. I've noticed that about him - not a nice person. I have a FlexJet and I know what it is. It is NOT an F-16. I'll not respond to him again either. (I'm wondering who dbird1 was and if he got banned before.)
                          Who could call it a F16?? Clearly takes some cues from the T50 though!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Careful now, we don’t want to open this can of worms again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	363595

Comment

• Hey two wings, fuselage, single vertical, single engine. A smack helo flyer might not notice the differences. Maybe…

edit: smack 3D helo flyer…

hopefully he got his MiG today and is putting it together.

Comment

edit: smack 3D helo flyer…
                                  I know what a "flyer" is. I know what a "helo flyer" is. I know what a "3D helo flyer" is. What exactly is a "smack 3D helo flyer"? Has it got something to do with what Will Smith did to Chris Rock? Does it have anything to do with "kissing"? Is it related to heroin? Is he licking something and tasting it? A fishing boat? Is it a way of talking? Anything to do with an epileptic seizure?

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

i would be more concerned about the disclamer on the Flexjet ordering page... is this a good design? Buy our plane but dont do this because our design wasnt robust enought.... it feels like they bolted a V8 on a lawn mower.

"The FlexJet TV has approximately 90% more power than the original FlexJet while remaining very lightweight. This excess power is intended for up-lines and post-stall (3D) maneuvers ONLY. Because of this, the pilot is required to limit the speed of the aircraft and the G-load on the aircraft.
                                    • Powered dives are not permitted
                                    • Extended level flight at full throttle is not permitted
                                    • High-Speed and/or High-G maneuvers are not permitted
                                    • Flying in wind speeds or gusts greater than 20mph (32km/h) is not permitted

Over-speeding or over-stressing the aircraft can result in structural failure and a crash, which may also cause property damage or injury.
                                    ​"

Comment

• Not sure why that is concerning. Everyone flying high performance aircraft, 3D, etc plus most general aircraft should understand that an airframe has limitations. Even an Apprentice or Timber.

Comment

Not sure why that is concerning. Everyone flying high performance aircraft, 3D, etc plus most general aircraft should understand that an airframe has limitations. Even an Apprentice or Timber.
                                        I disagree completely, but you are entitled to your opinion.

I have all sorts of aircraft ( Props, Turbines, EDF, Scale and 3D helis and drones) and have been doing this hobby for 30+ years and this is the first time i have ever seen a disclaimer on an aircraft website about potential structural failure dong something as simple as a high speed pass.

I also have my PPL/IFR and FAA 107 certs as well.

all air frames do have limitation but they are usually reached when the aircraft deparst from normal flight, has poor construction, maintenance, age or suffered prior damage. If you check their other similar aircraft, the Pro version, it has no such disclaimers.

I think this simply a case where they bolted on too much power to attract a specific segment of the hobby and exceeded the limitations of the air frame.

BTW I found your "Apprentice or Timber" comment childish but humorous.

Comment

• Thanks for making it personal. Here are some pictures of planes I have that I would not fly in a full throttle high speed pass. I have or have had others but unfortunately don't have pictures available to post. They are simply not designed to do so. If, with all your vast experience and certifications, can't understand this, I'm sorry. I assume I don't need to put in a picture of the Apprentice or Timber.

I agree there are very few companies that have such a disclaimer. We should all be aware of limitations our aircraft have.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0505.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.6 KB ID:	363668Click image for larger version  Name:	UCanDo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.4 KB ID:	363669Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1898.jpg Views:	0 Size:	240.2 KB ID:	363670Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0496.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.5 KB ID:	363671Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	363672Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2184.jpg Views:	0 Size:	409.1 KB ID:	363673

Comment

Working...
                                          X