Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know some have used the older 2100kv. If you search the post here and especially at RCG you'll find them. It's an expensive proposition. I assume if you are going to do it you'll add the combo with reversing ESC?

When I bought mine I had two JF/HET 8S set ups I considered using. I never did. One it has decent power stock. I don't need this plane to hover. Two it was already crazy expensive and the new fans would about double the over all price. I ended up with one of the fans in one of my Gripens.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

MAYBE.. The learning curve is much more steep to fly rc helis than any other hobby period. Its just a fact.
      No, it is not a fact. Lots of things have more diffcult learning curves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        I know some have used the older 2100kv. If you search the post here and especially at RCG you'll find them. It's an expensive proposition. I assume if you are going to do it you'll add the combo with reversing ESC?

When I bought mine I had two JF/HET 8S set ups I considered using. I never did. One it has decent power stock. I don't need this plane to hover. Two it was already crazy expensive and the new fans would about double the over all price. I ended up with one of the fans in one of my Gripens.
        Agreed, was just looking to see if it was an option someone had tried. I have zero desire to hover this but that extra 1kg could be usefully if you get stuck in an High Alpha, but the VT should be good enough to get out of that situation regardless.

Comment

• We have all found that you can not simply power out of the alpha lock. If you do not have TV cut the throttle and hope you have enough altitude for the nose t drop on it's own. With TV you can get out but the extra thrust probably won't help that much.

There may be others that have tried the 2000, I just remember Hugh and he did the 2100's.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

No, it is not a fact. Lots of things have more diffcult learning curves.
            ya no. Name one rc hobby thats more difficult to learn than rc helis. Its by far the most difficult. thats why most who try faiil and move on to planes drones or walk away. By hobby I mean rc hobby. Helis is no way near the difficulty of learning to wheelie a liter bike at 100mph

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              I know some have used the older 2100kv. If you search the post here and especially at RCG you'll find them. It's an expensive proposition. I assume if you are going to do it you'll add the combo with reversing ESC?

I just flew it today. Its a fun jet. Its big so it appears to move slowly in the air. I will need to make more travel for my t.v nozzles. I rthink its a little heavy to really ne a t.v aerobatic jet. Its cool but almost better to use the mig 29 as a scale jet with speed from upgrades. THe su35 is still the king of thrust vectoring freewing jets. Epo foam is just to dense and heavy. Its looking to be f22 and avanti 8s as my edf jets going forward. Dont get me wrong its a great jet just not that aerobatic

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden!

Comment

• Ditto Congrats on the maiden. I will take your advice and use the Mig as a cruiser and the f22 as sport bike.

Comment

• Has anyone tried to really max out the throws ob this jet. Does it help or just become to stall prone and unstable. Im going to get better servos for my thrust vectorig nozzles and run very high travel endpoints, on a seperate power source. Honestly it looks like the tghrust vector tubes barely move. THey got so much more space to operate. Might be a issue there. I will take a look when I get a chance. I did notice that the jet is so big and heavy that it picks up all the little rocks and pebbles on takeoffs and landings. I would prefer to have a cleaner runway, this jet already has some rash from 2 flights.

Comment

• Btw. I tried the smc lihv 5300mah 75c batteries and I do like them. THey are good. Im buying more

Comment

Btw. I tried the smc lihv 5300mah 75c batteries and I do like them. THey are good. Im buying more
                        Are you charging them to the full 4.35v? I read they can still perform well charged to 4.21v. Any concern, issue with the over voltage and the ESC / BEC?

Comment

ya no. Name one rc hobby thats more difficult to learn than rc helis. Its by far the most difficult. thats why most who try faiil and move on to planes drones or walk away. By hobby I mean rc hobby. Helis is no way near the difficulty of learning to wheelie a liter bike at 100mph
                          You're moving the goalposts. You previously wrote (post #5798): "than any other hobby​". Now you add "rc" because clearly you were wrong before.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

You're moving the goalposts. You previously wrote (post #5798): "than any other hobby​". Now you add "rc" because clearly you were wrong before.
                            yes i meant to say rc hobby, not all hobby. I figured folks would get it since we are on a rc hobby forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post

Are you charging them to the full 4.35v? I read they can still perform well charged to 4.21v. Any concern, issue with the over voltage and the ESC / BEC?
                              Actually the best I can charge is to 4.30 per cell. IM missing on some capaACITY but they are very strong batteries under load. I will try them in my 700 size heli to give final verdict. HArd to find a battery to make my helis have that instant punch

Comment

• Well Santa dropped a nice new Mig under the tree last night, so I spent most of the evening and today getting it sorted. I have all the wires plumbed and now the hard part.

Looking to start getting my receiver etc. wired in but wanted to ask about battery position re CG with both VT and AB installed. Anyone have a recommendation they can share?

Also, I did the AB with no exposed wires and lined both thrust tubes with 1.5mil mylar tape to make them smooth and retina burning reflective.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221226_112139.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	365036Click image for larger version

Name:	20221226_112101.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	365037
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TGoelzer View Post
                                  Maiden the Red Star Mig today. Very easy to see with red and blue scheme.

Flew it without thrust vectoring. Few clicks of up elevator and right aileron and she was locked in without a Gyro.

Very good looking plane in the air or on the ground. Received a lot of compliments!

Next flight coming with thrust vectoring!
                                  How did you do the battery placement? I'm flying the admiral 6000 50c and I cant find a good balancing position w/batteries..Could you shoot a pic of your battery compartment please?

Comment

• Originally posted by TGoelzer View Post

Flew it without Missiles. I've heard from a friend that owns the digital camo. That it just flies a little slower with the missiles attached. No other difference on how it flies.
                                    Can you help me out please? I can not find a good placement for the batteries Admiral 6000 50c) to balance this plane. Is it possible to ask if you could upload a pic of your battery placement in the plane? I really appreciate it my man!!! Merry Christmas!!

Comment

• Those are 910g ea? Here is a pic of where I place my heavier batteries but they are much lighter 760g. I have flown with 830g ones but they where causing it to be a bit nose heavy for my flying. You would need yours further back, not sure they would fit with the canopy closed. I normally fly with two 645g 5200's.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1107.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.7 KB ID:	365048

Comment

• Originally posted by Look ma, no trim View Post

Can you help me out please? I can not find a good placement for the batteries Admiral 6000 50c) to balance this plane. Is it possible to ask if you could upload a pic of your battery placement in the plane? I really appreciate it my man!!! Merry Christmas!!
                                        You seem a little frantic. TGoelzer​ isn't online right now. He's not seeing your posts no matter many you do. You might PM him with your request and he'll get to you when he's able.
                                        I don't recall him ever mentioning what kinds of batteries he's using. You are trying to use some very heavy, large batteries (Admiral 6000s). Like Evan said, it's not likely you'll be able to make those fit and be able to close the canopy (or be able to easily balance the plane) so seeing how TG does it may not help you. I fly mine with CNHL 5000s that weight about 800g and I'm just barely able to close the canopy. I will be flying this plane next season with some very light 6000mah, Coddar HV batteries and 5300mah, HV SMCs that should fit quite well and also provide just a little bit more voltage for more punch.
                                        As per Evan's picture, you will have to use the rear compartment and the one on the upper shelf (middle). It may be necessary for you to carve some foam out of the canopy so it'll close.

Comment

• I'm not sure he has the red star version or an older one with TVs but assuming he does I think those will be both too heavy and too large. When you move that battery back on the center battery spot the room under the canopy gets small fast. If he doesn't have TVs he really will have difficulty.

Please don't balance your plane tail heavier than the marks under the wing. Those marks are okay for a first flight but you'll probably want to move your balance point aft after those first flights.

Comment

Working...
                                          X