X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Look ma, no trim View Post

Can you help me out please? I can not find a good placement for the batteries Admiral 6000 50c) to balance this plane. Is it possible to ask if you could upload a pic of your battery placement in the plane? I really appreciate it my man!!! Merry Christmas!!
    1st question do you have the red star mig or the camo version? The thrust vectoring nozzles will make a difference on where the batteries will need to be placed in the plane.

I'm running the SMC High Voltage batteries (5300mah 75C 6S) which weigh in at 731 gr.

I'm using the rear and front battery compartments. Rear is sorta irrelevant. But the front is what counts. With my setup. I'm positioning the battery on the very front edge of the wood tray. She CG's neutral (sits completely flat and level)

I have tried some spektrum 5000mah 50C 6S batteries (760 gr), but had a hard time getting the CG neutral with those batteries. Still working on it. So I don't really have and answer for you on those batteries.

The Admiral 6000mah 50C 6S batteries weigh in at 910 gr. which in my opinion are probably a bit too heavy for this plane?'

I would suggest trying a smaller battery and just keep playing with it. You'll find the sweet spot.

I would send you a picture. But I won't be able to do it until Sunday.

Also as already suggested, you may need to carve out some of the foam on the canopy to fit the bigger batteries and get it to CG

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Those are 910g ea? Here is a pic of where I place my heavier batteries but they are much lighter 760g. I have flown with 830g ones but they where causing it to be a bit nose heavy for my flying. You would need yours further back, not sure they would fit with the canopy closed. I normally fly with two 645g 5200's.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1107.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.7 KB ID:	365048
      Hi Evan, I notice no blue box, you rewire it all or just put everything under the aft.batter tray? On my F22 I did something similar, no blue box and everything stuffed under the tray.

Comment

• I did rewire it all to a 12ch receiver but kept the MCBe for lights and retracts. It’s off to the side in the back battery area.

Comment

• So was wrapping up the Mig setup and i found one of my tail servos STB.

Thoughts?

Not flying it this way, will pick up new tail servos.

Comment

• With a small amount of force it probably stops but I would get Motion to send replacements even if you do buy some yourself.

Comment

• What he said. ^^ I've actually flown a couple of planes with stuttering servo on one elevator side and I was lucky, it stopped doing it when there was moving air going past, as far as I could tell in a slow speed low fly by. It didn't make me feel totally comfortable but it never bit me in the butt. Once I changed them, I felt so much better. In one case, I added a small piece of thin foam in the space between the elevator front point and the fuselage next to it. It provided just enough friction to stop the stuttering. That was on my FlexJet. I think it's still flying like that.

Comment

• My left aileron does it ever so slightly. I had it bad on my Mig21. Flew a hundred flights or more lie that, sold it and it's still flying. When I sold it the person was worried and I said "trust me...".

But that said Motion should send you at least one if not a pair even if you decide not to use them.

Comment

My left aileron does it ever so slightly. I had it bad on my Mig21. Flew a hundred flights or more lie that, sold it and it's still flying. When I sold it the person was worried and I said "trust me...".

But that said Motion should send you at least one if not a pair even if you decide not to use them.
                  New pair will be here tomorrow. A little chatter is fine but this is full on rumble.

Comment

• Question re TV, any adjustments needed re servo center or control rod lengths or is it set up correctly out of the box? This is for the TV kit not the red version.

Comment

• I had to adjust sub trim and rods on mine. Not just on the TVs....

Comment

I had to adjust sub trim and rods on mine. Not just on the TVs....
                        Thank you, they both look a bit off when eyeballed

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post

Thank you, they both look a bit off when eyeballed
                          On each nozzle, there are 2 small etched lines on the ball part of the nozzle. One line is for up/down alignment and the other is for left/right alignment. Use those for reference in a way that both nozzles have those lines at the same relative locations. Still "eyeballing" but at least you have a sort of guide. The nozzles don't absolutely need to be set exactly ON those lines but the lines help.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post
                            Well Santa dropped a nice new Mig under the tree last night, so I spent most of the evening and today getting it sorted. I have all the wires plumbed and now the hard part.

Looking to start getting my receiver etc. wired in but wanted to ask about battery position re CG with both VT and AB installed. Anyone have a recommendation they can share?

Also, I did the AB with no exposed wires and lined both thrust tubes with 1.5mil mylar tape to make them smooth and retina burning reflective.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221226_112139.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	365036Click image for larger version

Name:	20221226_112101.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	365037
                            Hey bud I would suggest not adding the afterburners on this jet. Its a real big heavy pig as is. Im selling mine as its way too heavy for aerobatic flying. Im not A BIG FAN OF THE MIG 29. zeven with smc batteries its lacking. TAkes too much energy for the jet to perform on the smallest scale. For pilots thinking this is a alternate to the su 35 it is not. I dont know if there will be another su 35 or f22. Anyone looking to buy a mig 29. 5fights on it. I will sell it for 550 dollars and split the shipping. I really don't like it. For you scale guys its fine.

Comment

• Hey bud I would suggest not adding the afterburners on this jet. Its a real big heavy pig as is. Im selling mine as its way too heavy for aerobatic flying. Im not A BIG FAN OF THE MIG 29. zeven with smc batteries its lacking. TAkes too much energy for the jet to perform on the smallest scale. For pilots thinking this is a alternate to the su 35 it is not. I dont know if there will be another su 35 or f22. Anyone looking to buy a mig 29. 5fights on it. I will sell it for 550 dollars and split the shipping. I really don't like it. For you scale guys its fine.
                              It is a heavy plane and the proper CG has plagued its performance. TV’s seems to help the alpha lock issue and Airgardian makes this plane perform well. I have one set of batteries that get the CG where I want it and I don’t do aerobatics with it, I just cruise. I get my fix doing aerobatics with my T-33 or L-39 and some with my F-4 or F-18. But like dbirds2 says it’s a tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post

It is a heavy plane and the proper CG has plagued its performance. TV’s seems to help the alpha lock issue and Airgardian makes this plane perform well. I have one set of batteries that get the CG where I want it and I don’t do aerobatics with it, I just cruise. I get my fix doing aerobatics with my T-33 or L-39 and some with my F-4 or F-18. But like dbirds2 says it’s a tank.
                                I really hope they bring back the su 35 in its present eps foam. Im afraid Ive come to the end with edf jets. The mig 29 and f18 is the final nail in the coffin for me. I love my f22 and avanti and even my eflite 70mm f16 but theres no more available that I havent had nor interested in. I might venture off into a sab lizard jet with turbine motor for the ultimate flight experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

I really hope they bring back the su 35 in its present eps foam. Im afraid Ive come to the end with edf jets. The mig 29 and f18 is the final nail in the coffin for me. I love my f22 and avanti and even my eflite 70mm f16 but theres no more available that I havent had nor interested in. I might venture off into a sab lizard jet with turbine motor for the ultimate flight experience.
                                  Go grab an 80mm Mirage!

Comment

• Nah. He should stick to his smack 3D helos.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	d6e69b361c9eb5e7f9dc91f4ec2c2866_w200.gif
Views:	285
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	365463

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      Nah. He should stick to his smack 3D helos.

Comment

• There's a reason they call them "smack"!
                                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Just pulled the trigger on the sab m138 lizard laminated fiber glass pack jet with option for turbine power. Sab makes high quality helis And from the looks of it and talking to some world class heli pilots this jet from sab is freaking incredible. Cant wait to put this together. Anyone wanting a new mig 29 price is 550 and I will cover shipping. Also still trying to sell the f18 blue angel livery. 300 for that

Comment

Working...
                                          X