Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm, dang, I was hoping they'd be here in January as that'd work better for my timing as I'm in the middle of a ton of travel right now so receiving new toys could be problematic...

Tom, any chance of a second batch? Or another solution? Impressive that they'll be here by the 7th, but until early January everything is gonna be a bit nuts with all the travel I have to do!

Comment

• There will be a second batch but timing will likely be around mid Feb to early March arrival.

Comment

• That would work far better for my schedule, I can afford to wait until then!
        Hopefully my current grey MiG will still be in one piece by then, I am pushing it hard so who knows how she'll hold. Fun bird with the VT for sure, one of MRC's best (along with the Avanti, L-39, T-33...)
        Hmmm, wonder if MRC would ever entertain a Sebart AreS as an 80mm with VT? Avanti does super clean rifle rolling circles, but needs VT to get around the final 3/4 of the rolling loop I reckon

Comment

• Just bought the red livery mig 29. Wasn't my first cho4ice but when I asked about I asked about the su35 being back in stock I was told it has officially been axed by freewing. Totally sucks. Su 35 was the second best freewing jet behind the f18 super hornet with thrust vectoring. The mig 29 will hopefully be able to sustain same aerials as su 35. I.hope freewing updates the su35. We need more performance jets and less scale please. BTW. If anyone has a older f18 super hornet t.v I will trade for my brand new f18 90mm blue angels. Straight trade. I won't ever use it as it's lacking in performance. Awesome scale jet but pretty ****ty performance.

Comment

• Just heard the container showed up and they are shipping already! Better than some other distributors and there pre-orders. LOL

Comment

• Hi guys!

I guess some of you are biased in this forum, but a lot of you have both the Mig 29 and the F22, so my question is of course: If you had to get rid of one, which one is staying and why? I'm looking to probably get one of them (ARF F22, since I already have a nice 8S engine for that one), so any reasons for one or the other is welcome. No matter which one, it will have thrust vectoring installed if I get one. I have a larger Su57 in the making, but it always takes much longer than planned, so one of these would be in preparation for that one to step up from the 80mm size I'm flying at this stage.

Thanks!
              Tobias

Comment

• Tobias,

I have both and I can say the F-22 is better hands down. It has a better flight profile, flies great from 6S to 12S (I have 12S in mine), and is a breeze to land. The Mig is a great flyer, but you have to be careful not to get into alpha lock.
                Pat

Comment

• I have both and love both, but I would choose my 8s F22 over the Mig for sure! More agile, flies fast and slow extremely well and I have always been a fan of the full scale F22. The F22 does land very well, but I think the Mig lands just as well. I have never gotten into an alpha lock in the Mig, but it is always in the back of my mind just simply from people talking about it.

Comment

• Both. The F-22 stays and the MiG goes.

Put TV on the F-22... And make it 8S.

Comment

• What do you guys mean by alpha lock..does it get into high alpha and does not get out? Thx

Comment

• Yes. There is more info and videos on the thread at RC Groups.

Comment

• Damn...scary 😅. Thanks for the clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                            Damn...scary 😅. Thanks for the clarification
                            It's only "scary" if you don't understand what it takes to get into that situation in the first place and you don't have the TV and a bit of altitude to get out. I've done it once but that was me being stupid and experimenting to see what it was like. Luckily, having the TV nozzles and enough altitude, my butte was clenched real tight for less than 1/2 minute for what felt like "hours". I'll never feel the need to try it again. The problem with this plane is that it doesn't have the thrust to hang in high alpha and drive itself out. It's a big, heavy airplane and only with VT nozzles can you change the attitude of the plane and allow it to gain some airspeed to fly. Even then, it needs a bit of space between it and the ground to do it. Knowing that it can't "hover" for very long, gives you a small advantage.
                            Having a Freewing SebArt Mig29 makes for good practice (and experience) in getting in and out of high alpha situations but keeping in mind that the SA is a featherweight by comparison.

Comment

• X, great post. Everything you said is spot on for me too.

on the flip side the F-22 is just awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                X, great post. Everything you said is spot on for me too.

on the flip side the F-22 is just awesome.
                                Thanks. I too, am very satisfied with my F-22 as is another flying buddy who also has an 8s. He also has the MiG-29 with TV nozzles ready to be installed but for some reason, after he finished his F-22 and flew it, he hasn't been very motivated to finish the MiG. I have refrained from responding to the thread about which one would you keep if you had to keep only one - the MiG or the F-22. I'm worried that the poster may be fishing for (and hoping for) a specific answer and the wrong answer may create ill feelings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                  The Mig-29 Red Star is on the way to Motion RC. They are already on the water. We have the version which includes Thrust Vectoring on the way. The customer service team is great at supporting customers with existing products but they they have no knowledge of what new products are on the way to Motion RC. I work with Freewing directly on all the ordering and I generally keep what I've ordered to myself (loose lips sink ships, etc). 🤣 I'd like to do a pre-order to figure out the level of interest. It is an expensive plane since this is the version which has thrust vectoring included. Given the livery of the plane, I figured thrust vectoring is a must on this livery. As soon as Alpha can get me some pictures, we will start a pre-order. If the first batch runs out, I'll order more. clear as mud?
                                  My wife picked up a digital camo one for me with the thrust vectoring kit and its sitting wrapped waiting for Christmas. I am wondering if i should just return the plane and the TV kit and wait to get this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    Tobias,

I have both and I can say the F-22 is better hands down. It has a better flight profile, flies great from 6S to 12S (I have 12S in mine), and is a breeze to land. The Mig is a great flyer, but you have to be careful not to get into alpha lock.
                                    My Mig is in a box waiting for Dec 25th so i don't have a data point. I will say i have the F4, A10 and F22 and to me the F22 is one of the best flying planes (not just jets) I have ever owned. You can fly it like a wild man or like a cub. One of the few jets i would say a jet novice can fly and build confidence with.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post

My Mig is in a box waiting for Dec 25th so i don't have a data point. I will say i have the F4, A10 and F22 and to me the F22 is one of the best flying planes (not just jets) I have ever owned. You can fly it like a wild man or like a cub. One of the few jets i would say a jet novice can fly and build confidence with.
                                      F-22 is fine, but if I had to get rid of all but one of my jets (I have 19) the one I'd keep is the Sukhoi 35.

Comment

• "a lot of you have both the Mig 29 and the F22, so my question is of course: If you had to get rid of one, which one is staying and why?"

I have 27 so obviously I know better between the MiG and F-22... :) But, yes the S-35, which is rumored to now be discontinued and not just out of stock, is a great plane. But that wasn't the question.

Interesting you don't answer the original but complain when others don't...

Originally posted by kallend View Post

F-22 is fine, but if I had to get rid of all but one of my jets (I have 19) the one I'd keep is the Sukhoi 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          "a lot of you have both the Mig 29 and the F22, so my question is of course: If you had to get rid of one, which one is staying and why?"

I have 27 so obviously I know better between the MiG and F-22... :) But, yes the S-35, which is rumored to now be discontinued and not just out of stock, is a great plane. But that wasn't the question.
                                          I'm thankful for the answers I've gotten and since I'm not interested in getting both at this time, the F22 will probably find its way to my garage quite soon. I'm in the process of assembling my second Su35, with a third still in the box, both "ARF-" with only landing gear installed from the days when Hobbyking carried it.

Thanks again and now back to the regular programming.

Comment

Working...
                                          X