Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I agree with you saying "I think this simply a case where they bolted on too much power to attract a specific segment of the hobby and exceeded the limitations of the air frame.". But that wasn't the point of my childish, low number of years, inexperienced opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      And I agree with you saying "I think this simply a case where they bolted on too much power to attract a specific segment of the hobby and exceeded the limitations of the air frame.". But that wasn't the point of my childish, low number of years, inexperienced opinion.
      Please recall you concluded with your comment to my original post, I mearly responded in kind. It is very hard to infer intent in a forum, but at least we have found common ground and can move on.

Comment

• Foam jets are just that foam. Not very top of the line no matter how you cut it. They are cheap, fun and do the job. Precision!!! O not really. I crash and that's all she wrote for that foam plane. I move on or buy a new one. Scale on a foam jet!!! Lol. Exactly why lightweight, low drag, thrust vectoring with some power is much more fun than scale flying. I would rather go watch birds than fly scale anything.

Comment

• There's a big difference between a flyer scale, 3d and smack 3d flying with helis. I don't know nothing about scale so I won't pretend and comment but Tareq alsaddi would be a smack pilot and maybe Duncan and the rest would be 3d on the pro circuit.

Comment

• Sooo... I think almost all of us here know the difference. That's why we were talkin' 'bout a scale jet on a scale jet forum. But, do go on.
            Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• So santa is bringing me a mig on the 25th with all the trimmings. Was thinking it might be much easier to mount the TV as the first step of the build, knowing nothing will be attached to the fus at that time. Can someone share with me a recomendation or a picture of how you ran your TV wires? i would prefer them all to be internal if possible but NOT in the thrust tubes.

Thanks

Comment

• I believe I did post mine in the RCG thread. I was one of the first adopters... I just looked there and don't see my pictures. They may be in this thread. Don't forget to consider stronger stab horn attachment, higher Guage extensions and other upgrades/ mods too.

Here is Pats. RC Groups - View Single Post - Freewing Mig-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm

Comment

• I cut a small plug out near where the nozzle servo leads come out and followed the same channel used by the elevator servo leads, then glued the plug back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    I believe I did post mine in the RCG thread. I was one of the first adopters... I just looked there and don't see my pictures. They may be in this thread. Don't forget to consider stronger stab horn attachment, higher Guage extensions and other upgrades/ mods too.

Here is Pats. RC Groups - View Single Post - Freewing Mig-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm
                    Thanks Evan, I found that post but was hoping for some pictures. When i directed Santa to buy the Mig i also added the upgraded parts list you highlighted, so it's all here waiting until the 25th :D.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      I cut a small plug out near where the nozzle servo leads come out and followed the same channel used by the elevator servo leads, then glued the plug back in.
                      Thank you, so that confirms there is enough wiggle room where the elevator servo lead goes to fit in a few more leads! Would you mind posting a snap of the surgery sight if you have one?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCid View Post

Thank you, so that confirms there is enough wiggle room where the elevator servo lead goes to fit in a few more leads!
                        You'll need a "fish" and be careful not to slice the elevator wires. (I didn't take any pictures on that occasion but it will become self evident once you test fit the nozzles and see where the leads have to go.)

Comment

• hey folks!
                          winter season has started and i started working on some mods (geardoors with lights, acl, position lights, aux inlets, airbrakes, fiberglassing, and hopefully a new paint scheme)
                          has anybody done one or another of those mods. cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                            Sooo... I think almost all of us here know the difference. That's why we were talkin' 'bout a scale jet on a scale jet forum. But, do go on.
                            actually I doubt that. skilled helicopter pilots are even more anal repulsive than plankers. goes with the territory as flying choppers is the by far the most skilled hobby in the world hands down. Most give up and go to planes or drones. Took me almost one year to forward flight on a heli on a jet it took me 2 times to fly and land

Comment

So santa is bringing me a mig on the 25th with all the trimmings. Was thinking it might be much easier to mount the TV as the first step of the build, knowing nothing will be attached to the fus at that time. Can someone share with me a recomendation or a picture of how you ran your TV wires? i would prefer them all to be internal if possible but NOT in the thrust tubes.

Thanks
                              would you like a picture of the factory location thats on the red mig

Comment

• Everyone is different. I taught myself how to fly helos on a bet with two brothers I worked with at the hobby shop, that I could learn to fly a helo before they could learn to fly an airplane. Supposedly they were ace helo pilots. I bought a used Kyosho SE from one of them and took it home and set it up “switchless” which was new at the time.

Went to the local helo hang out Thursday after work and learned to hover with sticks and balls. Friday I was walking the dog and doing lazy eights. Went out Saturday early with a new gallon of fuel. The brothers and a few other experts were there. Pulled out the helo, no sticks and did forward flight.

Sunday I was doing loops and rolls. And some short term inverted and pirouettes.

Later I found out the brothers could hover but that was it.

How’s your MiG?

Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

actually I doubt that. skilled helicopter pilots are even more anal repulsive than plankers. goes with the territory as flying choppers is the by far the most skilled hobby in the world hands down. Most give up and go to planes or drones. Took me almost one year to forward flight on a heli on a jet it took me 2 times to fly and land

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

would you like a picture of the factory location thats on the red mig
                                  I would LOVE one

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by dbirds2 View Post

What's funny is I started on Helis and have several scale and 3D helis (12s and Jetcat powered). Flying these EDF jets scares the crap out of me every time, but i don't break a sweat on the Helis. I really think it come down to what you learned on.
                                    My F4 gives me a heart attack every time I fly it, but I do feel such a sense of accomplishment when I land it without issue. I can do hurricanes with my Mikado 800 XXTREME all day and it's like a walk in the park.

Comment

What's funny is I started on Helis and have several scale and 3D helis (12s and Jetcat powered). Flying these EDF jets scares the crap out of me every time, but i don't break a sweat on the Helis. I really think it come down to what you learned on.
                                      My F4 gives me a heart attack every time I fly it, but I do feel such a sense of accomplishment when I land it without issue. I can do hurricanes with my Mikado 800 XXTREME all day and it's like a walk in the park.
                                      MAYBE.. The learning curve is much more steep to fly rc helis than any other hobby period. Its just a fact. Come from a 3d heli hobby and your flying planes very quickly if not instantly. Coming from planker hobby to heli hobby and your learning from the start. Rc pilot skills is a perishable skill and perishable with age. Thats why you dont see seniors flying 3d helis. I ahd to quit helis due to vertigo. I like 3d planes and jets with thrust vectoring. Keeps it interesting. I would be bored with scale flying. Btw MIG 29 IS WAITING TO FLY BUT WEATHER HASNT ALLOWED THAT DAY YET. Im not overly impressed with the red mig 29 its very heavy and the thrust nozzles dont have wide travel. Its cool but no su35 that for sure. I might sell it if it dont produce. Im kinda leaning towards the 3d planes nowadays and got my eyes set on the flex mamba 120

Comment

• My Mig is sitting by the tree wrapped up with a bow on it. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I think my wife put it out early just to get me going.

Comment

• I have see several posts about a lack of disposable thrust :D with this plane. Has anyone looked at dropping in 2 x FMS 80mm 12 Blade 2000Kv Special Metal EDF For 6S​? Based on the stats I have found in various places these are 3.4/3.5 Kg of thrust each vs the stock 9 blade fans that are 3kg of thrust each. Thats roughly 1kg of thrust more than stock to play around with.

Comment

Working...
                                          X