X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F2coffee View Post
    Well I am every disappointed with the mig-29 my granddaughter fly twice and the 3 time the Elevator linkage bend so is there any linkage that will be strong
    I replaced the stock linkage with 4-40 threaded rod with carbon tube sleeve. It won't bend.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Even the original thin wire in carbon wouldn’t bend, I’m wondering if he’s talking the horn or what…

Comment

• Comment

• The more I fly, the more fun it gets!

Comment

• So fun to watch a pro driving a MiG!

I forget….gyro or not?

-GG

Comment

• Thanks, GG!

No gyro, yet... But I'll be soon adding an ET Vector FC to the jet to have a proper OSD for FPV, and then I'll use the gyro in it.
              I may also add another standalone gyro for the nozzles, while at it... we'll see.

So far, all my flights with the MiG have been unstabilized. :)

As a matter of fact, you can often see the MiG drifting ass / dipping wings unintentionally in some of the maneuvers I do...
              Ofc, it's easier for me to tell when it's doing something I didn't actually command, haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by F2coffee View Post
                Well I am every disappointed with the mig-29 my granddaughter fly ti twice and the 3 time the Elevator linkage bend so is there any linkage that will be strong
                You recently complained of a sticking elevator and now bent linkage. You have been remarkably non-verbose in describing your problem!

Comment

• Got a question about the elevator servos. Mine seem to be ratchety if that's a word. They are not smooth at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Red.

Comment

• Replace them with something better. If I see something wrong with equipment, I don't wait or keep flying it that way. I'm very proactive. I figure it out and fix it. I used Promodeler 160s on my elevators. In fact I changed all servos over to HV and I run the Rx and all servos on a 2sLiPo. No, you don't have to go this far, but in my opinion, this plane needed it.
                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by Red B View Post
                      Got a question about the elevator servos. Mine seem to be ratchety if that's a word. They are not smooth at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Red.
                      Another thing. The servos run smoothly when hooked directly to a servo tester. Could this be a blue box issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                        Replace them with something better. If I see something wrong with equipment, I don't wait or keep flying it that way. I'm very proactive. I figure it out and fix it. I used Promodeler 160s on my elevators. In fact I changed all servos over to HV and I run the Rx and all servos on a 2sLiPo. No, you don't have to go this far, but in my opinion, this plane needed it.
                        Did you by-pass the blue box? Thanks for the reply.

Red

Comment

• I'm not going to second guess the ratcheting, could be transmitter, receiver, MCBe, extensions or servos..

He has to bypass the MCBe for things running HV and keep the MCBe for at least retracts, gear doors and lights.

Comment

• Yes, bypassed. Evan is right on. The blue box only gets power from the bec to run retracts and lights as these are limited to 5.1V ...on mine anyway.

Comment

• Anyone else notice that the current inventory on the Mig 29 now has the New 80mm edf fan?

Comment

• Yeah, and the Avanti, Mirage, F5… looks like all will switch to it.

Comment

• I might buy 2 units and install them in my Mig 29 and see if that makes a big difference

Comment

• It will. Swapping out the EDF in my Gripen was a huge boost but it should be, the older units in the MiG make 101A and 2291W. The new EDF in my Gripen makes 127 and 2857, a 25% increase.

Comment

• Evan, did you notice a flight time decrease because of more power used? Amount?

Comment

• Yes, I reduced my timer 10 seconds but may reduce it more. I have this in my Gripen which I seldom fly full throttle, just occasionally to see that it does, in fact, have good vertical. Most my flight is flips and flops, 3D type stuff.

Comment

• Right on. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X