Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed the 1920kv with 9 blade fans. I will do a bit more research and pull the trigger on the upgrade. Appreciate the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      Airguardian eerrrttt, did you say FMS 80mm F16?!?
      So I did!

Comment

• new freewing 80 edf from avanti v2... awesome :)!!!

Comment

• How well do the open top-grids work for you on the MiG?

Comment

• added about 400grams static thrust

Comment

• looks like a lot of material to remove.did you add anything to strengthen the front of the plane?

Comment

• by the feel of the plane i don't really think that you would need to do so but i reinforced the louvres with a 1mm carbon frame

Comment

• Originally posted by da_matae View Post
                  added about 400grams static thrust
                  I got similar results with the louvers designed by one of the posters here earlier, forgot who already. I'm also using the FMS 12 blade 3280-2100Kv inrunners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231122_212114.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	393028 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231122_212140.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	393029
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• 400g.... not bad at all!

Comment

• Looking for some help. New to the larger scale jets so I'll try to keep it detailed and brief. I bought a used Mig, now that I have more experience and ready to fly.. I'm having an electrical issue.

Looking over the jet it seems the previous owner or owner before him, bypassed (cut and taped off) the servo/receiver power leads coming from one the the batteries. He said he was powering the receiver and servos separately using a 2200 or 2100 life battery. The issue is that whenever I plug the battery in no matter where, it drains or will drain within a few minutes. I basically go from 100% to about 50% within a minute. Using a Meter to watch it drain. Batteries are brand new. Do I tap a ubec into the original connections or is there a way to power the servos separately?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemtman5 View Post
                        Looking for some help. New to the larger scale jets so I'll try to keep it detailed and brief. I bought a used Mig, now that I have more experience and ready to fly.. I'm having an electrical issue.

Looking over the jet it seems the previous owner or owner before him, bypassed (cut and taped off) the servo/receiver power leads coming from one the the batteries. He said he was powering the receiver and servos separately using a 2200 or 2100 life battery. The issue is that whenever I plug the battery in no matter where, it drains or will drain within a few minutes. I basically go from 100% to about 50% within a minute. Using a Meter to watch it drain. Batteries are brand new. Do I tap a ubec into the original connections or is there a way to power the servos separately?
                        Seems like there's something seriously wrong if you're draining a 2200 pack in a few minutes just powering the Rx and servos. If it were mine I'd try to locate the reason for the current drain before installing any new source like a UBEC.

How much do you trust the electrical savvy of the previous owner(s) who installed the modified system? It's easy to make a mess of electrics if you don't know what you're doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemtman5 View Post
                          Looking for some help. New to the larger scale jets so I'll try to keep it detailed and brief. I bought a used Mig, now that I have more experience and ready to fly.. I'm having an electrical issue.

If I were you it might be better to just start over and rewire everything yourself or get some help doing that, even if you get it working you still don't know what else has been messed with, I have learned not to trust other people setups when it comes to used equipment, just plan on going through it completely before flight. I do know life batteries drop off as soon as you take them off the charger, I have a life battery in my big Cobra helicopter and it does the same thing, you think it's draining but it will level off at say 50% and stay there even after a few flights, I'm kind of new to Life batteries in that dept. so maybe someone with more experience can jump in here.

Comment

• We can't really tell you what's wrong without seeing how your plane is now wired and where you are plugging the LiFe. Stock you had two ESCs and each had it's own battery connector. Off one of the battery connectors you had a BEC as well as the ESC main wires. If the person simply cut the BEC wires it should all work with the LiFe being plugged into the receiver. To be safe I would also remove the red wire from both ESC signal leads.

If you are draining the LiFe that fast something should be getting hot too.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

If I were you it might be better to just start over and rewire everything yourself .
                              This to me is the right answer. Test each component separately and rewire it yourself.

Comment

• Long time no MiG!

Comment

• Here's a simple but effective way to quickly improve the scale look of your cobra maneuvers!

Comment

• We have MiG-29... now, MiG-35 when??

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                      We have MiG-29... now, MiG-35 when??

Put me down for one as well!!!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I just picked up the Mig 29 and would like to know if there is any real advantage to running max recommended size batteries, or if saving a little weight with something in the 5000 mAh range will be more likely to buy me some extra flight time.

Comment

• I run lighter 5000's in mine. 655g each. I have run up to 830g 6200 and prefer the way I can get a better balance and lighter flying weight of the lighter batteries. It is noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                                          X